PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Fleshlights

putragiska
03-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I just got this link while surfing the net.

http://nl.picturepush.com/album/251/

It is a poor man's fleshlight i guess. The site owner from Netherlands apparently made a homemade fleshlight using a condom as the canal and a foam to support the structure of the condom. The fleshlight case he made was a Pringles can. This setup in my opinion would be realistic also if we are talking about anal/vaginal sex using a condon :) . Kinda great if you are poor and fleshlight doesn't ship to your country.

Here in philippines i know i guy who is also going to make a homebuilt fleshlight. But his setup is the "real deal" as he actually got the same mother plastic resin as with the fleshlight. The guy i know has an engineering degree and quite knowledgable about chemistry and stuffs. I'm convincing him to make a website.

FL_LUVR
03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
If he puts it on a website and trys to sell it, or lists the ingredients to make the lifelike skin, he is opening himself up to various lawsuits for patents and copyright infringements. I would highly reccomend scrapping this idea.

DigFL
03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
I like the guy in the first link who made the homemade sextoy out of a pringles can and a condom. That's just plain fun! Long live human ingenuity. It beats anything I assembled myself as a kid. :p

FLightPilot
03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Here's the original web page describing the homemade fleshlight (http://www.homemade-sex-toys.com/flashlight/).

BuckWild
03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
That's pretty cool man, poor mans! Would be good to make let's s ay if you couldn't travel with yours, like jerry rigging a bong when your somewhere or making a pipe out of an apple, making a fleshlight out of household materials, LOL

putragiska
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
If he puts it on a website and trys to sell it, or lists the ingredients to make the lifelike skin, he is opening himself up to various lawsuits for patents and copyright infringements. I would highly reccomend scrapping this idea.

I think he is never interested in selling his own fleshlight stuff. From what i know, the polymers used in the real life skin formulations are actually used for other stuffs like kitchen utensils,bandage,tapes etc.. And you also need to know someone inside a large factory to sneak in and get some polymer stuffs.

From what i know about patents. For example in the fleshlight, you can make a masturbator of your own without infringing the fleshlight patent as long as you use a different brand of polymer different from the one fleshlight is using and of course make a different shape.

Anyway, when i e-mailed the guy. He said that the cost of the homebuilt fleshlight is actually higher than the regular fleshlight ( 2X-3X more expensive ) so he suggested to buy the ones coming from ILF instead of building it on your home. The only reason why he built one is because ILF wont ship to Philippines and also the possibility of customizing it depending on his requirements like different canal textures, thicker walls etc. You see necessity is the mother of invention heheheh :) .

chi853
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
fuck that if there were no fleshlight, id go lightless. id jerk with the hand and a condom or something but fuck making a home made flesh lite 2 sock's a condoms and lube will do if i got no fleshlight around

BuckWild
03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Not everyone is the "fuck that I dont got time for this" kind of person chi. Some people beleive it is worth the time to enjoy themselves as much as possible. it also depends on the circumstance.

tman
03-22-2007, 10:44 PM
putragiska,

Had you read ILF's patent for their Fleshlight, you would have realized that their inserts are not just solid resin, but are a suspension of various matierals and special oils... poured as liquid into molds, and set with a touch of heat...

The research into their material was an investment of many years and millions of dollars...

While I'm quite sure there are TONS of fake pussies out there, there is ONLY ONE FLESHLIGHT.... unless someone is incredibly rich, they cannot duplicate ILF's final product...

You may be futher interested to know that ILF just isn't an American company, they are world-wide, and their world-wide product is called SoloSafe.. read more about their world-vision here: www.ilfworld.com

Bolt_Head
03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
That's pretty cool man, poor mans! Would be good to make let's s ay if you couldn't travel with yours, like jerry rigging a bong when your somewhere or making a pipe out of an apple, making a fleshlight out of household materials, LOL
It's only natural I guess. Pretty nifty.

hugedood
03-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Ive tried making a homemade fleshlight before I discovered the Fleshlight, and trust me, The Fleshilight feels way better than any home made gadget. Go Go Gadget FleshLight. LOL

putragiska
03-23-2007, 03:37 AM
putragiska,

Had you read ILF's patent for their Fleshlight, you would have realized that their inserts are not just solid resin, but are a suspension of various matierals and special oils... poured as liquid into molds, and set with a touch of heat...

The research into their material was an investment of many years and millions of dollars...

While I'm quite sure there are TONS of fake pussies out there, there is ONLY ONE FLESHLIGHT.... unless someone is incredibly rich, they cannot duplicate ILF's final product...

You may be futher interested to know that ILF just isn't an American company, they are world-wide, and their world-wide product is called SoloSafe.. read more about their world-vision here: www.ilfworld.com (http://www.ilfworld.com)

Yep i have read every bits of it. They filed it on 1998 and their patent have never been updated. The polymer they are using are actually first generation thermoplastic rubbers that first appeared in 1967. There are now newer thermoplastic rubbers which exceeds the tensile strength of the original fleshlight material by as much as 3 times. I believe that the Cyberorgasmic love doll which is a full size body not an inflated doll is using these new thermoplastic alloys. The reason why these chinese made fake pussies are not as durable as fleshlight is because they are full of extenders and fillers ( which would reduce the cost but compromise tensile strength ) but in reality they are actually using the same generic material as with the fleshlight. They are all Styrene based rubbers. Now, if these chinese manufacturers can only reduce the amount of fillers,extenders and plasticizers on their fake pussies, they would have a durable product but at a cost that would equal and perhaps be more expensive than the fleshlight.

michellanis
03-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Home made too !:) .........but FL material is unique and it's not possible to make beter in flesh imitation .My sex-life is more intense:p :p :p since I use FL but I just hope soon new inserts ,not inside but orifice.......and I regret the black pussy:p .

blank22
03-23-2007, 01:23 PM
putragiska,

You may be futher interested to know that ILF just isn't an American company, they are world-wide, and their world-wide product is called SoloSafe.. read more about their world-vision here: www.ilfworld.com (http://www.ilfworld.com)

Tman, as I think putragiska has tried to point out, you shouldn't be overly reverant of a patent. This isn't to say I don't respect the fleshlight and it's quality. But just because something's patented doesn't make a secret, or even necessarily very difficult to copy without infringing. The patent is nice for marketing the fleshlight, but it's not going to be any real secret to a good polymer chemist. If a chemical company really wanted to make something identical they would already know exactly how to make the equivalent material and how to do so without infiringing on the patent. This is actually the job of many chemists in the industry; my mom was one of them for some time. And although ILF speaks of spending millions on the development, I highly doubt that they spent nearly that much on figuring out which material they wanted to use. As I said, I respect the quality of the fleshlight, but you'd have a hard time convincing me that you couldn't walk into dupont or 3m (and probably even much less established labs or companies) and have someone in there tell you exactly what the thing is made of. Those guys are working on far far more difficult problems than the composition of a fleshlight. So yes, you could duplicate the fleshlight without being incredibly rich.

putragiska
03-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Tman, as I think putragiska has tried to point out, you shouldn't be overly reverant of a patent. This isn't to say I don't respect the fleshlight and it's quality. But just because something's patented doesn't make a secret, or even necessarily very difficult to copy without infringing. The patent is nice for marketing the fleshlight, but it's not going to be any real secret to a good polymer chemist. If a chemical company really wanted to make something identical they would already know exactly how to make the equivalent material and how to do so without infiringing on the patent. This is actually the job of many chemists in the industry; my mom was one of them for some time. And although ILF speaks of spending millions on the development, I highly doubt that they spent nearly that much on figuring out which material they wanted to use. As I said, I respect the quality of the fleshlight, but you'd have a hard time convincing me that you couldn't walk into dupont or 3m (and probably even much less established labs or companies) and have someone in there tell you exactly what the thing is made of. Those guys are working on far far more difficult problems than the composition of a fleshlight. So yes, you could duplicate the fleshlight without being incredibly rich.

Yep that is also what i am trying to say about Tman. You see if you file for example a patent of fleshlight and you are using Brand X as the polymer for the fleshlilght. And some chinese company also use Brand X for their own fake pussy, it is not patent infringement as long as the chinese company makes a different design say for example a fake pussy within a box casing instead of using a flashlight case. You cannot possibly secure a patent right by restricting the polymer manufacturer to sell only to ILF. Like i said, original application of the polymer used in Fleshight is not for SEX TOYS but for gaskets,o-rings,rubber grips,handle bars, shoe soles etc.. Anyone can buy the polymer that is used in fleshlight and can make their own fake pussy out of it as long as they do not copy the physical design and casing of the fleshlight.

I don't think that it would take millions of dollars to develop a material that resembles the softness of human skin. The technology already exists in 1967 and the very soft rubber is already used since then. What ILF did was to apply those industrial technology into sexual applications. Basically, it is just rerouting of application. However, it takes millions of dollars to do promotion, advertising, buying of injection molding machine, mixer etc..

tman
03-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I suppose everyone continues to overlook the fact that the Fleshlight insert is not a solid material... ah well...

putragiska
03-24-2007, 06:40 AM
I suppose everyone continues to overlook the fact that the Fleshlight insert is not a solid material... ah well...

Nope we don't.. Like i said before it is made of a base polymer which is a thermoplastic rubber plus the plasticizer or extender. The rest are polypropylene colorants and lake pigments. Like i have said the chinese fake pussies are full of plasticizers which makes their product softer and have reduced tensile strength. You see, you cannot use the base polymer rubber alone as this is quite hard, as hard as the rubber tire. When you add a plasticizing resin on the base polymer it becomes very very soft. However, care must be taken not to add to much plastizicer as this would make the material too weak.

In some designs they use phtalates as plasticizer which is now banned because it is harmful to health.

tman
03-24-2007, 10:37 PM
but, are you overlooking that Fleshlight inserts contain a mixture and suspension of oils within the material itself??....

putragiska
03-25-2007, 05:22 AM
but, are you overlooking that Fleshlight inserts contain a mixture and suspension of oils within the material itself??....

Nope!.. suspension of oils are pretty much the first generation design. Newer second generation design doesnt use oils they use "Hydrocarbon Resin", it is more stretchy and have much higher strength.

tman
03-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Very well then... I feel the Fleshlight inserts do the best job of what I want, and how ILF makes them suits me perfectly...

Kudos to anyone else out there who wants to create something different...

Until another company makes a product of equal quality as the Fleshlight, as well as donate a portion of their profits and donate their product world-wide to charities and countries in need, I will not be swayed from continuing to buy from ILF exclusively... :D

putragiska
03-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Very well then... I feel the Fleshlight inserts do the best job of what I want, and how ILF makes them suits me perfectly...

Kudos to anyone else out there who wants to create something different...

Until another company makes a product of equal quality as the Fleshlight, as well as donate a portion of their profits and donate their product world-wide to charities and countries in need, I will not be swayed from continuing to buy from ILF exclusively... :D

Well, there are companies that produce much better product than fleshlight but they are "full size body" costing thousands of dollars. Of course, they have to use much better rubber coz it is a full size body which is subjected to higher stress.

Like I said, I talked to a filipino guy molding his own fleshlight and he still doesn't recommed building a homemade fleshlight as this would cost 2X to 3X than a fleshlight. He only built one for himself because of the reason that fleshlight won't ship to Philippines.

I still recommend fleshlight and probably for its "CLASS" it is the best product out there. They do not necessarily have the best elastomer as the best elastomer is reserved for building full size dolls.

FleshJoe
03-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Putra why would these elastomers be "reserved for full size dolls"? What's to prevent ILF from making newer generation Fleshlights using newer compositions and technologies?

Just curious.

tman
03-26-2007, 12:57 AM
putragiska, Actually, if you did the math, a doll made with the Fleshlight material would cost thousands of dollars too.. in fact, ILF (check out what those letters stand for) originally wanted to make full-sized dolls, but the cost to customers would have been too high....

Quality of dolls is a relative things.. in my opinion, the Japanese doll makers make the prettiest dolls... the American ones look like street hookers.... but of course most Japanese makers do not sell outside of their country... the best one I saw would cost over $10,000.00 american dollars... which is comparable to price if ILF made a life-sized doll....

A good percentage of a price in a high-end doll is not even the material itself, but in the strength of the skeletal structure.....

BuckWild
03-26-2007, 01:02 AM
True, perhaps he means prevenative cost wise? (Can't be that much of a difference passed down to the buyer), but to switch up the setup a bit maybe, but yeah, I think it's deffinitely possible, not sure what he means by that, maybe reserved for those willing to put out the big bucks? But in this case, I don't think it applies, don't see how much better you are going to get, truthfully! I am always up for trying new things, new materials, hell I'd be a tester (what a nice job that would be) And I could give very good objective and subjectiv appraisals too. Polymer science is cool.

darksolstice88
03-26-2007, 03:27 AM
Putragiska and tman really do their homework alot. ;)

I think those life sized dolls are not worth the money though... Sure she can be at this awesomely cute-faced girl with perfect height with these perfect breasts and this perfect figure and what not and feel like a human, but these dolls are inanimate. They can never totally replace the feeling of having a real woman beside you. Ok same thing with the Fleshlight but look at the difference in cost!

I'd love to have a 'closer' experience with intercourse however the furthest you can go on a doll is just her keeping motionless with a blank look while you bang her. No moving on her own, no caressing from her, no kissing from her, and worse. NO MOANING! :eek:

Say Joe, any idea if ILF are coming out with any new textured inserts soon?? :D

putragiska
03-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Putra why would these elastomers be "reserved for full size dolls"? What's to prevent ILF from making newer generation Fleshlights using newer compositions and technologies?

Just curious.

They are only reserved for full sized dolls coz they require higher tensile strength because of the weight and size of the doll. These elastomers need to widthstand those larger forces.

For fake pussies you don't need super high strength elastomers coz they are not subjected to high pressures. And by simply using the standard elastomer you also make the price lower. IF you use these high strength elastomers on Fleshlight, you are actually doing an OVERDESIGN. Like for example you don't need a Jaguar if you just want to goto work. It's only the Military and the Space Industry who needs OVERDESIGN. Meaning the specifications of the product far exceeds the requirements of its application.

Well, ILF can build a fleshlight using the latest, super high strength elastomer but it would be the Fleshlight-M ( Military Version ) or the Fleshlight-S ( Aerospace Version ), They can also widthstand temperatures from -20 degrees centigrade and up to +200 degrees centigrade and they are Oil Resistant too. Hehehehehe. It also has an automatic lubricating fluid magazine which feeds lubricants evenly along the length of the canal via microscopic pores. Complete with electrically operated vagina lubricating fluid pump and electrical heating coil with thermostat. Vaginal canal Temperature can be adjusted from 30 degrees to 40 degrees.

putragiska
03-26-2007, 03:52 AM
putragiska, Actually, if you did the math, a doll made with the Fleshlight material would cost thousands of dollars too.. in fact, ILF (check out what those letters stand for) originally wanted to make full-sized dolls, but the cost to customers would have been too high....

Quality of dolls is a relative things.. in my opinion, the Japanese doll makers make the prettiest dolls... the American ones look like street hookers.... but of course most Japanese makers do not sell outside of their country... the best one I saw would cost over $10,000.00 american dollars... which is comparable to price if ILF made a life-sized doll....

A good percentage of a price in a high-end doll is not even the material itself, but in the strength of the skeletal structure.....

Yah, check this Full Size Doll using another patented technology. I think they are using 2nd generation elastomer.

http://www.cyborgasmatrix.com/DollsTorso_Gallery.htm

Check out the test they did, the strength of their elastomer gel is mind boggling.

http://www.cyborgasmatrix.com/GelVersusSilicone.htm

michellanis
03-26-2007, 08:06 AM
This doll is just horrible ,half arms,half legs ,just the sensation to have to fuck a mutilated female corps : Beurk!!! I am very satisfy with my FL collection ,very hot sensations ,very good material..........and very more easy to use and satisfy your dick. I just hope some new funny inserts soon.

BuckWild
03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, that cyberdoll sorta reminds me of the RealDoll (remember them?>???) many years ago I wanted one or a blowjob machine (since I was like 6 I had read about such devices, and alaways thought toys were cool). Anyways, I got the piece I want, the FL is perfect size for a toy, maybe build a stand or holder if you want something larger, or a cushioned part around it (that might be nice so you have something to grip and cant slip out/ it guides you in if you have powerful and long thrusts). I'll save the realism for the real thing, besides it is only quasi realism, the FL is real enough for me for it's purpose, if I want to step it up more, well, I will have someone for that. Different purposes.

tman
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Typical american hooker look... so sad... :(

tman
03-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I really don't want to post direct links to any Japanese doll sites, but this chat site talks about dolls in general: http://www.dollforum.com/index.php for anyone interested in further research...

tman
03-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Yea, dolls are no substitute for a real relationship, but there are a few different reasons (other than simple banging) I think the Japanese buyers buy their dolls...

For some, it's a control fetish.. they buy expensive clothing and jewelery, and have them adorned and sitting politely in their proper place... only occaisionally is sex actually involved...

For others, they are BIG on anime, and some dolls are actually made to look like specific characters... I guess to translate for us, it would be like me getting one to look like an Orion Slave Girl, which I must admit I'd be tempted to buy if one existed....

There are other reasons, but I don't like them so I won't mention them.... but for sure they certainly have a LOT of varieties... where here in the USA it's more of a wham-bam-thank-you-maam-here's-your-twenty.... they put more thought into it, and have an endless imagination... variety certainly is the spice of life! :)