PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Hawaii--Kudos to ILF!

Ethanjames
05-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I was just reading about international shipping in another thread and thought I would mention how glad I am the ILF recognizes that we are part of the United States and will ship to a PO Box for the same cost as to any other state.

So many on-line companies are loosing our business over crazy shipping "policies". My dad was trying to order a $1000 camera and they refused to ship it by USPS because of "their policy". He bought it in a store in Honolulu for $700, anyway.

My friend ordered a computer part and the company added on $80 international shipping. When he got it it had a UPS sticker for $8.00 domestic shipping. He called and they would not refund his money because of "their policy". He wild on their "comments page" and they called and said they would issue a refund if he would remove his comments.

I guess with the money these folks loose we can buy more Fleshlights!

MAUSER
05-11-2009, 11:01 PM
It sucks what some of these companys charge for shipping . And then they wonder why they lose business .

idpaintballer
05-12-2009, 01:24 AM
It sucks what some of these companys charge for shipping . And then they wonder why they lose business .
i know what you mean, i am always getting hammered with "return delivery" charges from UPS, FedEX, and DHL. It is maddness how they can get away with charging another 15$ each time they come out because they couldn't find the first fucking right just as you come off the freeway.

Betwell
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
i know what you mean, i am always getting hammered with "return delivery" charges from UPS, FedEX, and DHL. It is maddness how they can get away with charging another 15$ each time they come out because they couldn't find the first fucking right just as you come off the freeway.

Extra charges really piss me off too. These companies do it simply because they can. Who's going to stop them?

And on another note, kudos to ILF here too for switching to UPS.
Usually with international orders there are no shipping options, the seller chooses the rate.
On my last order I had a choice between Worldwide Express or Worldwide Express Saver. Express Saver was $10 less! Needless to say that's what I chose.
When they first switched to UPS I was disappointed because of a bad experience a few years ago, I've since changed my mind.

fleshlight kid
05-13-2009, 03:23 AM
I'm in the same canoe