PDA

View Full Version : Can you heat your fleshlight in the microwave?

Experimental
02-26-2005, 03:45 AM
There's a "LOW" setting on there. What would happen if I put my FL in there for about 30 sec?

Edit: Nevermind. There's also a post about microwave. Edited: 02/26/2005 04:59:51 AM

Doggystyle
02-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Personally, I wouldn't try it. A burnt pecker isn't worth the risk to me but you can try whatever.

FleshlightGordon
02-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Yea, just about everything has been tried and commented on all ready. The only thing I haven't seen yet is somebody suggesting that you throw the FL in there with the Thanksgiving turkey.

pinklady
02-26-2005, 01:54 PM
If you knew how a microwave worked you would understand why you cannot try it.

Microwave ovens produce electromagnetic radiation of exactly the right wavelength to excite water molecules. When water molecules become excited, they heat up. Since most of our food contains a fair amount of water, we can heat up our food by selectively heating up the water inside the food. I bet money on it that your FleshLight has little if any water.

DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Edited: 02/26/2005 02:55:04 PM

FleshlightGordon
02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Gee pink, your **buns** must be emitting some electromagnetic radiation because I think the molecules in my manhood are becoming excited and heated up by looking at them! # )-

pinklady
02-28-2005, 04:46 PM
BEST AVATAR FleshlightGordon!

Your avatar seems to have a similar effect on my female parts!

speedxdude
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
And if it doesnt have water it can do no harm, if it does dont keep it more than 10 seconds the first time... I would try it

pinklady
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Damn this is my new Favorite thread for avatatars. Oh My!

copper
02-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Sex is the Mother of Invention! :-P

Nice avy Gordo!

copper
02-28-2005, 06:34 PM
P.S. Do a Search on "microwave". There's LOTS more than a post.

Joelight
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
I'd put an insert that i hardly use in the microwave kinda like a guinea pig.

campaigner1
03-05-2005, 03:17 PM
NO! You can't heat it the microwave! Simply because a microwave COOKS whatever is put in it. Your fleshlight won't be heated, it will be altered, the material it is made of will cook, or melt, or maybe even just dry out, and that will be the end of it. I've actually heard of people thinking you can dry your laundry in the microwave. What it does is not dry out cloth, it cooks the fibers of the cloth. Think about it. The microwave doesn't know what you're trying to do. It's going to assume whatever you put in there is there to be COOKED.

I don't bring this up to insult anyone's intelligence, but I have to use it as an example here. I saw a story a while back(this was in my local newspaper, TOTALLY true)where some old lady had given her cute little puppy a bath, and then thought that she would dry it off faster by putting it in a microwave. Well....unfortunately, she didn't think that you also put bacon, beef, and chicken in the microwave, and uhhh...needless to say, the puppy didn't so much dry off as - cook. Gruesome. When it went "ding" she didn't have a cute dry puppy, she had shrivelled puppy corpse. And we wonder why there have to be warning labels on every single thing we buy. Cause somebody out there will try it!!

Hot water from your tap will heat the fleshlight sufficiently. Submerging it in hot water will do the trick just fine too!

Miko

campaigner1
03-05-2005, 03:28 PM
To the post above: I don't agree that it would be safe to put the fleshlight in only ten seconds at at time. I guarantee if you keep that up, eventually you will find your fleshlight one day strangly fragile and brittle, and crumbling. What you would be doing it slowly cooking your Fleshlight ten seconds at a time, NOT simply heating it.

Heating it that way, you are slowly altering the molecular content of the fleshlight material, the same way you alter the molecules of chicken or beef, when you cook those things.

TRUST ME!! When I was a kid I used to get in big trouble trying to put different things in the microwave. I remember putting in a superball for 30 seconds.....melted. I put in little army guys....melted. Those things don't have any water or moisture in them, HOW did they cook? If you think the microwave is safe for your sex toys, try this: Put in an old, old fleshlight insert that is worn out you don't really care about any more. Put it in for a minute or more, see what happens. I don't think you'll be pleased. Doing it only for ten seconds is not any safer, you're just cooking it in shorter bursts.

Yes, I was a dememted child!

Happy fleshlighting!

OH!! By the way, Pinky- you are the most erotic, fun, sexy lady on this forum. OMG your husband is so lucky to have you!! Siiiiiiiigh :)

campaigner1
03-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Oh, just a little related tidbit. I've heard of some people also trying to heat lube in a microwave. Well, this is a little safer, as you are heating a semi-liquid material, much like heating up soup. Problem is, the lube is not an organic material. Again, the same prinicipal applies. It heats the lube, but also cooks the lube, which changes its makeup.

When they put it in the microwave, they found that lube did heat up.......but after a time the lube also lost its ability to lubricate, it became a thin, brownish, watery material, with lumps of hardened lube floating in it. The microwave heated, cooked, and changed the lube, making it useless.

Just stay away from the microwave when talking sex toys and lube, stick to water and other natural methods for heating.

Joelight
03-05-2005, 04:33 PM
how about on defrost?

Joelight
03-05-2005, 04:34 PM
or if you microwave it in its case, it might protect the insert.

campaigner1
03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Joelight,

Only problem with that is that the microwave will also start to warp the case I think, because it's going to try to cook that too.

Defrost I'm not sure. I just don't think it's a safe thing to do.

Miko.

Hey, I read about your new insert, omg man you rock!! That sounds awesome...

campaigner1
03-05-2005, 04:43 PM
That's what I was thinking of!! You know like when cool whip or whipped cream is left out and it "melts" and becomes liquidy? You know how when that happens, you can't go back and refreeze it and get it back to the way it was? The temperature change alters the "structure" of the whipped cream, it loses it's molecular shape. You can't reverse that by cooling it off again. Or if icecream melts, and you try to refreeze it, you can't "restructure" it. Essentially you're refreezing altered icecream.

In a similar way....If you cook a synthetic material, you are causing a change to it, and you can't reverse that.

nokternalemishen
03-13-2005, 04:01 AM
warm it up in an oven. Convection heating is a lot safer than microwave radiation.

mark1
03-13-2005, 07:43 AM
copper has a good section on heating on his site

besides the heating pad, any type of "oven" is only risking a very short life for your insert.

copper
03-13-2005, 07:15 PM
I just don't get why you guys insist on microwaves and ovens for heating! Been there, done that in many previous posts. And I don't get why you can't accept the heating pad as THEE most effecient way to heat an insert.

Granted you have to be careful with the heating pad too; they all cause damage to our valuable inserts, but the heating pad is the most efficient and least time-consuming way to warm your FLyte to me.

I keep my FL on warm behind a stack of albums standing up all the time and its always ready for me when I want it. When I'm done with a session, I swap out inserts and it's ready, willing and able the next time I am.

nokternalemishen
03-13-2005, 11:23 PM
lol i dont own my fl yet. gettin it tomorrow. the oven thing was a joke. I plan on using nothing but warm water to warm mine. im too paranoid for any other method. And have a horrible memory. With my luck, my hot lipped mocha will literally have hot lips, and then melt.