PDA

View Full Version : Alternative lube for anal play?

guy51744
04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Does anybody know if it's safe to use an alternative based lube for anal stimulation? I've posted here before about the fleshlight under a different name and I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask this question but I thought I would give it a shot..thx

musicman51
04-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Does anybody know if it's safe to use an alternative based lube for anal stimulation? I've posted here before about the fleshlight under a different name and I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask this question but I thought I would give it a shot..thx

guy,
Not sure anyone is going to understand what you mean by "alternative based lube." (I don't.) Do you mean a lube that is not water-based?

You might get better answers if you explain a little more what you mean....

LubeNLuv
04-20-2006, 08:40 AM
I think most people recommend silicone-based lubes for anal play, they tend to stay "slicker" for a longer period of time.

tmtx
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Silicone is dead on, ID Millenium, Gun Oil. If you're DnD free and your partner is DnD free and you've been together for say 8 years, then you can go with oil based lubricants such as elbow grease which work best but destroy condoms and are not recommended for toys. All around play would be ID Millenium, good for toys, good for anal sex with a condom, good for probing fingers too. Take it from someone who knows ;)

guy51744
04-20-2006, 06:26 PM
guy,
Not sure anyone is going to understand what you mean by "alternative based lube." (I don't.) Do you mean a lube that is not water-based?

You might get better answers if you explain a little more what you mean....

I meant non traditional lubes that you would have to buy specifically for sexual purposes.

I was going to try vegetable oil and I am the only person using this so I might do that just for tonight. I did order regular lube but wanted to use the item I ordered asap. And I also asked this question for future reference if I ever ran out of regular lube like KY.

tmtx
04-21-2006, 06:26 PM
I meant non traditional lubes that you would have to buy specifically for sexual purposes.

I was going to try vegetable oil and I am the only person using this so I might do that just for tonight. I did order regular lube but wanted to use the item I ordered asap. And I also asked this question for future reference if I ever ran out of regular lube like KY.

Veggie oil is bad news for silicone and latex toys, it contains too many free radicals that degrade them. If you're wanting something from the grocery store for penetrative purposes but don't want to buy "LUBE" specifically, I'd recommend glycerine. Stay away from animal and veggie oils when it comes to toys.

Bolt_Head
04-21-2006, 07:24 PM

Do not use oil on your FleshLight

tmtx
04-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Do not use oil on your FleshLight
He wasn't after oil for his poor FLeshy, he was out for oil for an anal stimulation toy, probably a dildo, vibrator, Aneros, something along those lines. Trust me I woulda smacked him if he asked about oil for his FL

guy51744
04-21-2006, 10:28 PM
No I wouldn't use veggie oil on my fleshlight. I usually use conditioner or hand cream. Anyway I ended up using vegetable oil on the anal beeds (that's the toy. forgot to mention it i guess) since I didn't read your advice in time but they're doing fine so they must not be made of silicone or latex.

tmtx
04-22-2006, 08:35 PM
No I wouldn't use veggie oil on my fleshlight. I usually use conditioner or hand cream. Anyway I ended up using vegetable oil on the anal beeds (that's the toy. forgot to mention it i guess) since I didn't read your advice in time but they're doing fine so they must not be made of silicone or latex.

they actually are silicone or latex, so do avoid long term use of veggie oil. go find a good water based or silicone based lube for your anal beads. (pop, pop, pop till the fun stops!)

LubeNLuv
04-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Many/most hand creams contain oils of some kind, that's what makes them moisturizing in the first place. Please check your labels, if you see oil as an ingredient, you shouldn't use that with your FL. Ditto on conditioner, although many conditioners are oil-free.