The Closet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Closet

That is the only thing during my convo with her that stands out 18 years later. She is perfectly okay with it now after trying to convince me that I will someday find a women to marry and bear her grandchildren-lol My father is dead now, but he accepted it, but dide not like it. He was weird around me at times, but never said anything hurtful to me or even mentioned it. With me and him, it was "don't ask, don't tell" even though we both knew what the other thought. It was weird.

Comment

I think it is always easier to live out of the closet, even tho it is hard to open it I'm out to everyone who "needs to" or "should" know... you know, those close to you who love you... if they don't still love you, that is awfully revealing then.

Comment

meant for comment by steve-ooo in this thread;

I can really relate to your life accounts.
        steve

Comment

Straight, but big congrats to those of you coming out or who are out, and to those still in, com out when you are ready. Don't rush it, and don't put yourself in danger.

And double congrats to coming out as bi. Bisexuality is a hard place to be, a lot of people both gay/lesbian and straight will immediately not trust you. Either way, you end up defined by your current or last partner. Same sex, you are gay, opposite sex, you are straight. Its called bi-erasure. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_erasure

I have several LGBT people in my life, so supporting the community is very important to me. My family is pretty screwed up, and has some pretty deep seated bigotry, so when one of my cousins came out and married her girlfriend, one of my favorite people in my family disowned her. I've been trying to talk sense into him, but it has gotten to a point that I'm ready to let him know that he can quit acting like his dad, who tore the family apart by disowning everybody at least once, or he can disown me too. I'd rather be around people who love than people who justify their hate with a handful of verses from the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by gomer View Post
            Straight, but big congrats to those of you coming out or who are out, and to those still in, com out when you are ready. Don't rush it, and don't put yourself in danger.

And double congrats to coming out as bi. Bisexuality is a hard place to be, a lot of people both gay/lesbian and straight will immediately not trust you. Either way, you end up defined by your current or last partner. Same sex, you are gay, opposite sex, you are straight. Its called bi-erasure. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_erasure

I have several LGBT people in my life, so supporting the community is very important to me. My family is pretty screwed up, and has some pretty deep seated bigotry, so when one of my cousins came out and married her girlfriend, one of my favorite people in my family disowned her. I've been trying to talk sense into him, but it has gotten to a point that I'm ready to let him know that he can quit acting like his dad, who tore the family apart by disowning everybody at least once, or he can disown me too.[ I'd rather be around people who love than people who justify their hate with a handful of verses from the bible.
            ]
            Amen to that1

Comment

Working...
            X