Shipping too expensive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shipping too expensive?

I live in South Africa and while toying with the idea of buy another Flight and two Fleshlights which came to $149.89, the shipping cost was an amazing $195.52.

Wow.

With shipping costs this high coupled with fact I will have to pay the equivalent of $30 - $50 on import duties I might not buy another IFL product again given that local sellers charge roughly $300 - still too much - for a similar order.

Comment

[QUOTE=DCR;958434]I live in South Africa and while toying with the idea of buy another Flight and two Fleshlights which came to $149.89, the shipping cost was an amazing $195.52.

Wow.

With shipping costs this high coupled with fact I will have to pay the equivalent of $30 - $50 on import duties I might not buy another IFL product again given that local sellers charge roughly $300 - still too much - for a similar order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately South Africa is one of those places that is difficult to get to. If we have a warehouse on the continent, then your shipping costs will be pretty reasonable. If we don't, then it will be like importing anything else... and the shipping will be quite expensive. We're doing our best to expand into other countries, but so far we have Europe, Canada, and the US set up. Australia is coming soon, which might help with shipping fees to some of the Asian islands, but won't help much with Africa, I'm afraid.

Comment

Maybe its worth a try to order (and import) your Fleshlights from Europe. All you need to do is, to place an order via Fleshlight-International.eu

Comment

Thanks for responding.

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look.

EDIT: It doesn't look as if they deliver here also the exchange rate isn't in my favour.
            Last edited by DCR; 04-19-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=aussiefaz;954201]Its coming, just taking awhile [/QUOTE]

Half a year later...???

Comment

[QUOTE=locozozi;958877]Half a year later...???[/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/Fleshlight/status/461498095147421696/photo/1

Comment

[QUOTE=DaHorse;958878]https://twitter.com/Fleshlight/status/461498095147421696/photo/1[/QUOTE]

How do i get access to it? I'm not in australia but i hope to order from there because to ship it from the US to Singapore cost 90 USD.

Comment

I have no idea. I haveŽnt even found the Aussie webpage yet :/

Comment

Its weird that they announced it only on twitter and not on the forums or their own site. I've contacted them regarding the picture they posted with the tweet. Hope it isnt too troublesome to set up the account.

Edit: I'm also wondering why they only have USPS shipping to PO boxes but not to regular home addresses. USPS shipping is so much cheaper compared to UPS shipping.
                      Last edited by donmin; 05-11-2014, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Wait! We have a local site?

Comment

Ok so this was actually not very clear in the tweet, but the distribution center is FOR THE MOMENT not handling retail orders yet. We are still working on making it possible for us to ship retail. But it's coming...

Comment

[QUOTE=SarahLIFE;959026]Ok so this was actually not very clear in the tweet, but the distribution center is FOR THE MOMENT not handling retail orders yet. We are still working on making it possible for us to ship retail. But it's coming...[/QUOTE]

How long will that take? Im very excited about this prospective new center. I hope its not limited to just australia though! Options to the nearby countries such as Singapore would awesome!
                            Last edited by donmin; 05-14-2014, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Hi guys, after reading this, I realized that yeh that tweet wasn't clear enough to explain that it was for stores to order wholesale from us.

The retail side is definitely coming along, just taking awhile with ensuring you all get the correct shipping rates and proper $$$ conversions.

No exact ETA as yet though, but we are getting closer.

Comment

any update?

Could we get an ETA on an ETA?

Or perhaps some details, such as...
                                will we have a dedicated website, ( with limited range / only what is in stock at the local warehouse )
                                or
                                will we continue to use this website ( with full range but perhaps a delay depending on local stock )

Comment

Working...
                                X