Experience with the new Launch and tips for Beginners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with the new Launch and tips for Beginners

So, I ordered the Launch on Monday and got it Wednesday (yesterday). After letting it charge up I took it for its first spin and it was amazing! Once I figured out how to properly work the controls it had me shooting in no time. But today, on its second spin it seems to have developed a problem. I want to discuss this with somebody from support first just to query them about something before posting anything about it, but my thoughts on it outside of this issue are below.

Launch Tips for New Owners:
    1. Let the launch charge all the way up, because despite what the packaging says, the battery will have little to no charge when you get it (mine took at least two hours to charge all the way up)
    2. You must put your finger over the entire Bluetooth "button" area to take it out of pairing mode, the blinking blue light will go away after 3 to 5 seconds
    3. To control thrust depth and thrust tempo you need to slide one finger along the indicated area on the launch. It will take you at least a dozen tries to figure it out, but once you do, it will be second nature

Issues (unrelated to my previously mentioned problem):
    1. Even though the "start" position is flush against the bottom of the Launch, as soon as you turn it on it sets a "bottom" position of at least one inch above that flush location, which is annoying but workable
    2. The controls need to be changed to provide user feedback through the control area - there is a steep learning curve to figure out the controls, and it would be nice to just be able to depress a button or have a light indicator showing you which levels you are on (one light on left indicates slowest tempo, two for medium, etc) and the same on the right side
    3. The bluetooth needs a separate button. I will probably never use the bluetooth function and having to turn it off every time, or turn it off after accidentally turning it on in the middle of a session is annoying

1. It does what it says it will do - takes the work out of normal fleshlight use (could be a good or bad thing depending on the person) - this could allow for some bdsm play and other kinky uses
    2. It's rechargeable - nothing kills the mood more than finding an extension cord or a longer usb cable, and the charge seems to last a good bit
    3. It seems to have just enough power so that at maximum settings you don't get an arm workout trying to hold it in place

Suggestions:
    1. Some type of haptic/click/button controls
    2. Separate physical button for bluetooth, or at least no auto-on every time it turns on
    3. A "belt" style attachment to hold it in place

All in all I am pleased with this item and I am glad they came out with it. I had been looking at other machines to achieve the same activity and I am glad I don't have to mix and match parts and adapters and just hope they work. Overall the look is nice and smooth; there are no jagged parts to catch on. I would highly recommend this item.

I just got mine via UPS today. I haven't had a chance to unbox it and charge it up. Thank for the tips and likes, dislikes. I, like you, have been looking for something automatic for while. From what I've seen out there, the Launch is much more compact and usable, than machines like the fucking machine or milking machine. It will sure be better than using a FL or hand manually. I can only imagine the possibilities for positions with the Launch.

My idea to do a strap type of thing would be to put velcro at the very top of the Launch, and getting a long, comfortable strip of material and sew the velcro to the ends of the material to see if it will hold the Launch in place. Another idea would be to just put the launch on top of your mattress or pillow, and hold it down as you enjoy the pleasure of an automatic jack off.

Since this is a first edition of the Launch, I'm sure FL and Kiiroo will make revisions for future models. At least we got it when it first came out.
    Last edited by musicman; 03-16-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

So I just got a chance to take my FL Launch out of the box to look at it. For those interested in weight and dimensions:

The Launch weighs 3 lbs 3 oz w/o the FL inserted. It weighs 4 lbs 6 oz with the FL inserted.

The circumference is 19 /2"

The frontal length is 7"

Rear length is 13"

I have it charging up now and will not have a chance to try it out until tomorrow. I'll let you know my experience with it. Some people were concerned about the noise. I'll let you know how it goes, but the way it's constructed, I don't expect any noise at all.

Comment

OK, here's my personal opinion based on just one use. It's going to take some time to get used to.

1. I agree with the OP. Charge it fully before using.
        2. Read all the directions and practice using the controls before your "Launch".

Now, here's my experience.

After practicing with the controls before my first Launch, I was ready to try it. Problems from the outset:
        1. It does take a bit to get used to to try and hold it in place, especially if you're partially sitting up and leaning back on your back. There were a few times when I went to reposition myself, and held the Launch the wrong way. The FL will come unlocked very easily if you grab anywhere on the inside by mistake. Then you have to reinsert the case and lock it in place. And the "lock in place" isn't very secure. Once I stopped the Launch, everything stopped to reinsert the FL. That is a big letdown, especially.
        2. Stopping the Launch, doesn't mean it's going to stop in the insertion position like in the beginning. It's going to stop wherever it feels like stopping. It took some finagling, but I got the FL reinserted, only for it to come out again.
        3. It's very easy to touch the stop/start button, and the buttons on the sides. As I said, if you go to reposition, you may push a button you don't want,
        4. After the FL came out on at least six occasions, I decided to just use the FL manually.
        5. The noise is very suttle, but there is some noise as it operates.

My thoughts:

1. The Launch needs to be mounted to something to hold it in place so you can free both hands up and not push a button by accident.

Maybe we'll see more posts here with ideas on how everyone mounts and uses theirs.

Comment

So EVERY time you turn the thing on you have to hold the button down (for how long?) to enter manual mode? That sounds annoying...

And can you estimate the quality of the motor? I really wonder how long this thing will last if it is used every day...

Comment

I want to know how loud it is. Is it like a lawn mower with a steady hum or is it like wounding machine, with the wown, wown, wown, wown sound.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              OK, here's my personal opinion based on just one use. It's going to take some time to get used to.

My thoughts:

1. The Launch needs to be mounted to something to hold it in place so you can free both hands up and not push a button by accident.

Maybe we'll see more posts here with ideas on how everyone mounts and uses theirs.
              I don't personally own one of these launch things. I bet a 10 inch coupler would work on the Launch unit. Or whatever size coupler is needed. Then you can put it on some PVC. The entire back quarter of the machine would need put into a coupler like what is shown in the picture attached.

Last edited by bigdmoney; 03-19-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdmoney View Post
                I want to know how loud it is. Is it like a lawn mower with a steady hum or is it like wounding machine, with the wown, wown, wown, wown sound.
                It is not very loud at all. You can hear it, but it is a quiet noise and nothing like a lawnmower.

Comment

biggest problem is that there is no good offline alternative, only true online servers like feelme and poor old vids, another problem it's not in sync. you make connection from phone to unit to pc.
                  why not use bluetooth from computer. why is there no software to create your own motions to vids. mine is going on ebay or to trashcan soon, really dislike the product momently.

Comment

I sent my Launch back after only one use. There was a defect in the programming of where the start and stop points were, plus my FL kept coming disengaged from the Launch, causing me to be disrupted and grounded, so to speak. I opted for a refund, rather than a replacement. I'm going to wait for a newer version comes out before trying it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X