Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

home made lube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • home made lube

    hey, i've been researching home-made lube as im trying to save cash left right and center these days (having your bank account in the red will do that to you) and one thing I recently tried was the second option at this site: [url]http://www.modernwife.com/lube.html[/url]

    now I made up a test batch to see how it goes. surprisingly well considering I never thought of cornstartch for anything except thickening gravey. it produces a sort of jello type substance which can be rubbed into a nice smooth lube. I tested it on my skin first and then on my fleshlight, it seemed to work great. But before i subject my fleshlight to any more usage of it I would like to ask if anyone could foresee this lube causing any damage in the long term to my flesh light?

    and speaking of cornstartch, just how should I apply it to my fleshlight for repowdering and how often? I mean, do i just sprinkle over the outside whilst rotating it or should I try and get some into the entry? is there any point in repowdering the outside when the actual exterior is mostly asthetics? or does the gel sort of absorb it so the entire thing benefits from a good helping of the stuff now n then?

    Thanks much for all advice

  • #2
    the homemade lube looks great! its only made of cornstarch and water as far as I could see, so there shouldnt be any problems.
    When I powder my inserts, I usually just sprinkle it on inside and out, it helps keep the whole insert smooth and "fresh" it always feels best the few uses after a good powdering!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mooseman
      the homemade lube looks great! its only made of cornstarch and water as far as I could see, so there shouldnt be any problems.
      When I powder my inserts, I usually just sprinkle it on inside and out, it helps keep the whole insert smooth and "fresh" it always feels best the few uses after a good powdering!
      ive been reading a lot of lube threads with pple saying powder it ? waht does taht mean ? what pour some baby powder into the insert?

      Comment


      • #4
        Trying some of this cornstarch-based lube now. We'll see how it goes.


        Comment


        • #5
          Hey there,

          Any updates on this home made cornstarch lube?

          I'm letting a batch cool down but I want to know if it reaches a nice lube-kinda substance and if it works!

          My FL will be here tomorrow! Can't wait to try it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sperminator
            Hey there,

            Any updates on this home made cornstarch lube?

            I'm letting a batch cool down but I want to know if it reaches a nice lube-kinda substance and if it works!

            My FL will be here tomorrow! Can't wait to try it!
            Let us know how it turns out. Also consider the recipe in the following thread. It is awesome!

            [URL="http://www.fleshlight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9843"]http://www.fleshlight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9843[/URL]

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks!

              Thank you, thank you, thank you...

              I tried a batch of this and it was fantastic... best lube I've tried and SO simple (not to mention cheap, though that is not the most important reason to like it).

              It was so fast to make. Basically two spoonfuls of cornstarch into a small amount of cool water. stir till smooth. Add to a cup of hot/boiling water and stir, boil one more minute. Stir once again - absolutely perfect, very slick.

              Did not get "sticky" and after one break, a little additional lube and once again it was perfect. I highly recommend this simple formula!

              Comment


              • #8
                Two Questions

                Regarding the cornstarch lube:

                1. Do you have to store this in the refrigerator? (That's what the other website recommends.) Isn't that kind of inconvenient?

                2. I wonder what cornstarch and water would do to the inside of an ice insert? I mean, you can't powder an ice regularly or it will begin to cloud over. I wonder if using a powder-in-water lube is going to cloud the canal of an ice insert? In other words, cloud it from the inside rather than from the outside?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not sure...

                  Originally posted by musicman51
                  Regarding the cornstarch lube:

                  1. Do you have to store this in the refrigerator? (That's what the other website recommends.) Isn't that kind of inconvenient?

                  I am not sure but I am storing it that way, a covered dish that take very little space. I am not sure that it is required but it's not a big deal to me. Will update once I've tried using the "refrigerated" batch.

                  2. I wonder what cornstarch and water would do to the inside of an ice insert? I mean, you can't powder an ice regularly or it will begin to cloud over. I wonder if using a powder-in-water lube is going to cloud the canal of an ice insert? In other words, cloud it from the inside rather than from the outside?
                  What does semen do to the inside of an ice insert? The consistency of this mix is about the same as astroglide or ID glide, very slippery and basically clear. The cornstarch dissolves quite readily and completely, much more so than say flour would. Rinsing afterward as you would ordinarily, I don't think there would be much difference between cornstarch lube and any other. I have an ice butt insert and will update after multiple tries.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I tried a batch of this and I must say I'm not at all impressed. It's not really slick at all. Save the cornstarch for making gravy. The xanthan gum really does work though.

                    [URL="http://www.fleshlight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9843"]http://www.fleshlight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9843[/URL]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      musicman, I think the cornstarch would be too watered down to clowd the inserts any. Shouldnt bother those ices too bad

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        maybe failed to mix correctly or not diluted enough?

                        Originally posted by chives
                        I tried a batch of this and I must say I'm not at all impressed. It's not really slick at all. Save the cornstarch for making gravy. The xanthan gum really does work though.


                        [URL="http://www.fleshlight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9843"]http://www.fleshlight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9843[/URL]
                        This seems odd. My batch was extremely slick. Perhaps you didn't have fresh cornstarch or mixed it wrong? I will try the much more expensive Xanthum gum formula when I have a chance to go by a natural foods store, but it's hard to imagine it being any better that a properly mixed cornstarch batch. I reheated a batch from the fridge and again, excellent results.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gcmsking
                          This seems odd. My batch was extremely slick. Perhaps you didn't have fresh cornstarch or mixed it wrong? I will try the much more expensive Xanthum gum formula when I have a chance to go by a natural foods store, but it's hard to imagine it being any better that a properly mixed cornstarch batch. I reheated a batch from the fridge and again, excellent results.
                          What exactly are the measurements for the recipe you used? I used about a tablespoon of cornstarch to about a cup of water.
                          Last edited by chives; 07-12-2006, 11:36 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OK, I tried using about twice as much cornstarch, and does have some decent slickness. Not bad at all for dirt cheap, great if theres nothing else good around, and you don't want to go to the store. I still definitely prefer the xanthan gum though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              off to the natural foods store I go...

                              Originally posted by chives
                              OK, I tried using about twice as much cornstarch, and does have some decent slickness. Not bad at all for dirt cheap, great if theres nothing else good around, and you don't want to go to the store. I still definitely prefer the xanthan gum though.
                              I used my same cornstarch batch again yesterday (3rd time) and while still good, it was not as slick. I have been storing in fridge and reheating, not sure if that has caused it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X