Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.

Thread: Suave Naturals

FLight Navigator

Default Suave Naturals

Just had my 3rd FLight and wow! This thing is really starting to work some magic!

I thought I'd test out a Suave Naturals hair conditioner I had after reading several positive posts about it. I did the oil test in a glass of water and it didn't seem to have any film on top but I'd like to list the ingredients anyway to get some comments on whether this is indeed safe for my FL. (I know it's probably not all that great for me, but for the moment I don't have a better alternative.)

Suave Naturals Lavender & Lilac
    Ingredients: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Potassium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydatoin, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Passiflora Edulis Flower Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Rose Canina Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, CI 60730.

FLight Captain

Looks safe to use.

FLight Navigator

Thanks FJ. Side benefit is that my FL smells slightly of Lavender Too bad some of those chemicals are irritants. I just hope it doesn't do ME any harm until I can get my hands on some decent lube.

FLight Attendant

Thumbs down Re: Suave Naturals

After three flights with Suave Naturals my insert got incredibly sticky, as in it sticks to itself so much that it seems like it is going to bond to itself. In contrast, with Astroglide my insert just gets a bit tacky. No more SN for me.

In addition, I had to use a lot of conditioner to start and reapply it frequently, so even if it had worked out, the SN wouldn't have been such a good deal after all...

FLight Captain

Default Re: Suave Naturals

FLY BOY : You can go on line and check the ingredients out by typing in the name and information on it. If you do that you can find out what oils if any or harmful ingredients are in it.

FLight Attendant

I never would have thought of using conditioner as lube, hahaha.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by grnhair View Post
    After three flights with Suave Naturals my insert got incredibly sticky, as in it sticks to itself so much that it seems like it is going to bond to itself. In contrast, with Astroglide my insert just gets a bit tacky. No more SN for me.

In addition, I had to use a lot of conditioner to start and reapply it frequently, so even if it had worked out, the SN wouldn't have been such a good deal after all...
    Note that my other inserts are getting similarly sticky from using Astrolube/ID Glide, but that it is taking many FLIghts before they are getting this way. This makes me think that something in Suave Naturals isn't good for the inserts.

I've switched to Xanthan Gum and like it better than anything else I've tried. It is also the cheapest lube you're likely to find. There is a thread on it if you're interested.