Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Corn Starch powdering

Hi
    I haven't recieved my FL yet, but it's the pink lady original!
    Am i correct in saying, that after use & washing the insert, leaving it to dry, the best thing is to add some powder!
    Corn starch!
    Is this the same as corn flour that is used for cooking, thickening soups etc?
    Can i use normal baking flour?
    Is powdering just a good way of storage so it don't get sticky?

The internal hole looks quite tight, will this tightness deteriorate with use & excess lube?

Cheers

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by diazepamman
    Hi
    I haven't recieved my FL yet, but it's the pink lady original!
    Am i correct in saying, that after use & washing the insert, leaving it to dry, the best thing is to add some powder!
    Corn starch!
    Is this the same as corn flour that is used for cooking, thickening soups etc?
    Can i use normal baking flour?
    Is powdering just a good way of storage so it don't get sticky?

The internal hole looks quite tight, will this tightness deteriorate with use & excess lube?

Cheers
    No powder, No Flour just use corn starch only. The corn starch only get rid of the stickiness of the fleshlight.

No the tightness will not deteriorate with excess lube or use. The fleshlight is made to stretch but not stretch out like a sock.

Just be sure to rinse the fleshlight off with only warm-hot (not boiling) water after use. Then air dry or sit it under a fan until dry. Finally you can use the corn starch if you want.
    Last edited by Moriysz; 03-06-2008 at 07:37 PM.

FLight Attendant

cheers
    can't seem to find cornstarch here anywhere here in UK, cornflour yes which is a very fine white powder. Howabout Johnsons Baby Powder? & does it have to be non medicated?
    Is it necessary to use powder!

cheers
    can't seem to find cornstarch here anywhere here in UK, cornflour yes which is a very fine white powder. Howabout Johnsons Baby Powder? & does it have to be non medicated?
    Is it necessary to use powder!
    It is optional, but it is something that we recommend to keep the Fleshlight in its original state. Here is some of the info from our FAQ.

What is the best way to clean the Fleshlight?
    Simply rinse your removeable Fleshlight sleeve with warm water from your sink and allow time for it to dry before storing. Do NOT use soap to clean your Real Feel Superskin sleeve. For tough cleaning, we suggest using a little isopropyl alcohol. To maintain that soft feel, sprinkle a liberal amount of corn starch on the sleeve and shake off the excess powder. We do NOT recommend the use of talcum or baby powder. NOTE: Powdering an Ice Fleshlight masturbation sleeve with anything other than corn starch will cause it to cloud over and lose its clear quality.

Sincerely,
    ILF Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday 6AM - 10PM (CST)

PHONE: 888-804-4453
    EMAIL: support @ fleshlight. com

fleshlight. com/ faq/
    fleshjack. com/ faq/

FLight Attendant

Hi
    I found some Johnsons Baby Powder that says 'Cornstarch Formula', but is lightly scented with lavendar & camomile!
    It is very fine & looks exactly like cornflour!
    Ingredients are:- zea mays, tricalcium phosphate & parfum!

Is this ok? also i have my FL now & can only get KY jelly at the moment, is this ok too?
    I shall try & get some glide, but in meantime, is water based KY ok?

Thanks

FLight First Officer

can't seem to find cornstarch here anywhere here in UK, cornflour yes which is a very fine white powder.
    Cornflour is what people in the UK call cornstarch. (Or cornstarch is what people in the USA call cornflour.)

FLight Attendant

Default Re: Corn Starch powdering

mine does get sticky especially the outside sleeve and the top after a month of use.

where can i get the corn starch powder? supermarket? no one answer whether this is the same as the food kind to make dough.

thanks

FLight Navigator

You should be able to get corn starch/corn flour in any grocery store. I'm not sure WHAT it's used for exactly(the box I got says something about thickening broth), but I know it's used in a lot of recipes for cooking. Check near the baking supplies if you haven't already. If you're looking near the baby powder, you're most likely in the wrong aisle.
    Last edited by DerStadtschutz; 09-22-2008 at 12:47 PM.

FLight First Officer

Yeah, I get it at the grocery store here in Norway. It's in the isle where all the cooking ingredients are. A box with a picture of corn on it.

FLight First Officer

Cornstarch is the stuff used to thicken broths, etc. I use it all the time in cooking.

But I don't powder my inserts. That step is optional, and I never saw a need to do it.

Either way is fine.

As for the water-based KY, it's good stuff. Any water-based lube will work.

No oil! No soap! No silicone! Water-based only.