Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Navigator

Default Can i use this lube?

I've forgot to order Lube with my FL, so i got one from the local store. The problem: It does not clearly say if it's water based or oil based.
    It does say that it is soluble in water though.

The Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl urea, citric acid, sodium hydroxide

I'm worried about the tetrasodium EDTA, but i am not sure if that would harm my FL. Does anyone see anything bad in the list?

I am going to say that is not water based. "Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl urea" Are usually found in oil based lubes.
    ILF Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday 6AM - 10PM (CST)

PHONE: 888-804-4453
    EMAIL: support @ fleshlight. com

fleshlight. com/ faq/
    fleshjack. com/ faq/

Banned

Arrow Use Only Water Based Lubricants

Quote Originally Posted by arnokan View Post
    I've forgot to order Lube with my FL, so i got one from the local store. The problem: It does not clearly say if it's water based or oil based.
    It does say that it is soluble in water though.

The Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl urea, citric acid, sodium hydroxide
    I'm worried about the tetrasodium EDTA, but i am not sure if that would harm my FL. Does anyone see anything bad in the list?
    arnokan - Just because something has water (aqua) as one of the ingredients it DOES NOT mean that it is safe for your Fleshlight. I am not a chemist so I do not know what effect the other ingredients in the lubricant you mentioned will have on a Fleshlight insert.

To be safe, you should stick to the lubricants suggested by the ILF folks at Fleshlight.com.

Here is a quote from the Fleshlight.com FAQ:

What type of lubricants can I use with my Fleshlight?

We recommend the use of water-based lubricants only. Oil-based lubricants should NOT be used, since they will slowly destroy the Fleshlight material over time. Sleeves damaged by use of oil-based lubricants are not eligible for exchange or refund.
    Read through the Discussion Board (Fleshlight Forum) to hear other users recommendations, but be advised that we only recommend the use of water-based lubricants.
    Fleshlight Users should stick to using a water-based lubricant like
    1. Astroglide (which can NOW be purchased from Fleshlight.com) or maybe;
    2. Gun Oil H20 or a ID product (which can also be purchased from Fleshlight.com).

Visit this link to see all the lubricants offered by Fleshlight.com.

Link: http://www.fleshlight.com/lubricants/
    (cut-n-paste link in your browser window)

-------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, if you are looking for a "cheap lubricant" you should read this thread about Xanthan Gum .

Thread Link: http://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?t=9843
    (cut-n-paste link in your browser window)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Take Good Care Of Your Fleshlight and It Wll Last Forever (almost)...
    Last edited by Fleshlight Master; 05-13-2008 at 12:48 PM.

FLight Navigator

Yes, but i wanted to avoid having to make another order for now, and my local grocery store has none of the listed lubes. I am aware that Water alone does not mean much, as pretty much everything contains water.

I'll check with some stores tomorrow if they have some water based lube.