Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Test for oil vs water based lube?

Is there some sort of test to see if a lube is oil or water based?

I have several lubes on hand, but I'm not sure if they are oil or water based. And no, I don't have the boxes they came in.

FLight Captain

They should have an ingredients label on them, if it says oil anywhere, don't use it.
    If they happen not to have labels, check them with water or just by texture.
    If it's hard to wash off and leaves your skin a little damp, it's oil.
    Have some water in a cup and pour some of the lube into it. Water based lube should sort of blend in, oil should sink to the bottom. Good luck with your tests.

Bolt_Head

Quote Originally Posted by angusman219 View Post
    Is there some sort of test to see if a lube is oil or water based?

I have several lubes on hand, but I'm not sure if they are oil or water based. And no, I don't have the boxes they came in.
    Read the ingredients or pour some lube on a cloth, if it leaves a oily residue then it has oil, if it disappears easily or leaves little residue it's most likely not oil based.

FLight Attendant

]They should have an ingredients label on them, if it says oil anywhere, don't use it.
    If they happen not to have labels, check them with water or just by texture.
    If it's hard to wash off and leaves your skin a little damp, it's oil.
    Have some water in a cup and pour some of the lube into it. Water based lube should sort of blend in, oil should sink to the bottom. Good luck with your tests.[/QUOTE]

Not to be picky. But oil is lighter than water, so therefor it floats..