Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FLight Captain

Default How to Clean Your Fleshlight....

It stuns me the number of threads we have here about a FL gaining a bad smell, to even those that speak of all kinds of funk "growing" in them to even spilling out of them like science projects or at the least those leftovers shoved to the back of the fridge 3 months ago.

Now I say stuns me yet in truth I'm not all that surprised. Women having learned you stick something dirty up yourself and don't clean it out and in short order you become that science project. Men on the other hand are lucky, they stick their dicks in whatever, handle them with filthy hands....and Viola! No change. So it's perhaps natural that men don't see right off the importance of keeping your toys clean. So what say we put it in a new perspective.

Most of you claim to be closet lesbians. Okie dokie, go with it....Your pussy (your Fleshlight) you have to keep clean. If you don't, well guess what? If you're lucky you'll get to be the spokesman for a cottage cheese maker. If not so lucky then you can get all sorts of bacterial, fungal, and viral infections that can not only make your coochie itch and burn, yet cause you some real serious grief...Real serious.

Ehh so what, you're just saying you're a closet lesbian and the FL not part of you. You sure about that?......You lube your FL, it picks up the funk, and gets into your urethra while playing. Now before you say "so what? When I cum it all gets pumped out"....Ask any guy who had the Clap and was pissing razor blades if that method worked for him.

So if you don't keep your pussy clean, you are shooting craps that it won't come back to bite you..........So just how do you do that?

With the advent of the new Vortex texture which from my experience with the TurboTube and it, then considering all others cleaning has just become a much more difficult task. The TurboTube though not difficult was tough enough, the Vortex is 10x tougher to clean well.

Now I rarely except a couple times have ever used alcohol. Frankly, I don't believe you need to use it unless you already goofed up and let your FL begin to rot.......and though NOT PROMOTING ANY SHARE THEIR TOYS, know my FL's have been used on up to 30 some odd men considering the TT.......and not once did my FL's begin to smell and that's with guys with all sorts of different oils, cum, sweat, and assorted ick on their dicks (though all certified std free).......So how do I do it?

Well first off I believe the lubricant you use makes a huge difference in clean up. I'll not promote GunOil H2O more then I already do, yet find yourself a good lube that washes off easily with water. (though GunOil H20 seems to best hehe).....In kind, toss out old lube. When it begins to get thicker, discolor or grow cloudy with age, maybe even becoming sticky it's time to get a new tube........As a good lube in good condition really aids in clean up.

Past that my method is simple.

IMMEDIATELY after use (or when you catch your breath), toss the entire insert into a sink of hot water and let it soak a bit. If you heat it up in the sink then perfect, just toss it back in there. By soaking it, it begins to loosen all the jizz, jazz and gunk from sticking to the FL, much like soaking a cooking pot before wiping it out.

Now go smoke your cigg, have your drink, and think about what a great lay your FL is and enjoy your afterglow........Now I'm just talking maybe 10-15 minutes, not the next day. Yet give it a few and enjoy your moment.

After the FL has soaked a short while, drain the sink and get the water running.....I just use hot water, what comes from your tap is not hot enough to damage the FL, and put the back end (not the orafice end) up to the tap and let it flow through a minute. After a bit, begin squeezing up and down the shaft to swish it all around. Even try pinching it off and let it fill a little ballooning, yet be careful not to burst it and let go noting the surge of water.

Keep doing the above. What you're doing is working all the lube and cum out of it and all those little crevices of the texture, and pretty soon it is close to clean. After a bit, flip it over and stick the orafice to the tap. Repeat the above again from the orafice end....and you're almost done.

Get a towel, dry off the outside completely. There is no reason why you can't. Next, try and turn the FL from the back end inside out over itself. You should be able to do this with all but perhaps the UT. Inspect it for funk, and dry it off. Now there is still a bit you can't turn inside out. So take your finger and poke the towel into it first from one end and then the other to get to that area. If you note anything funky coming out you didn't wash it well enough, and repeat the towel over the finger till it comes back out dry.

Turn your FL rightside out, and insure that the canal is not stuck together inside as you should be able to see all the way through. Clean your case and caps, then stick the insert in the case and pull on the back end till it stretches through. Do NOT put the caps back on if you have somewhere to put it where stuff won't touch the orafice. If you're afraid the orafice end might get dirty, then put that cap on yet DO NOT put on the small suction cap.......Then place it all in a dry ventilated area to let any remaining moisture evaporate out the back end.

By using the method above alone, and though my FL's have been used with numerous men.......NEVER have they gained any kind of smell let alone growth.

So by taking care of your pussy......yea you girl! Your pussy will be ready for action next time that bick cocked stud wants to pound it like the naughty kitty she is.

K2

FLight Attendant

Great post.

Personally, I just use my FL, then drain hot water through the orifice end for about a minute, then wash the outside and dry it. I've never dried the inside by turning it inside out. Maybe I should start doing that!

However, I've owned my WW Pink Lady for almost 2 years now, I've never dried the inside of that after washing it and it's still fine. Doesn't smell funky or anything.

Also, about getting infections, surely any infections you put into the FL can't be given back to you... Because if you put them there, then you already have them.. Right?

FLight Attendant

I use mine, and then take it to the sink and run warm water through it first. Then I take a bar of soap, and slip it in, and work the bar of soap back and forth. make sure there are no sharp edges on the soap.
    Sud's that puppy up from the inside, and then slide the soap out.
    Suds up the outside too.
    Rinse again with warm water.

I pat mine dry with a towel, and then take it to the kitchen sink and pat it down with corn starch. Talc powder also works good...but Corn starch in my house is readily available.
    Makes it silky smooth again, not sticky, and slides right in the case.

Tonight I'll try to make a video on how I clean mine. Mabee it will be usefull to some folks.
    Last edited by rikter8; 08-28-2008 at 02:42 PM.

FLight Attendant

I thought using soap of any kind with it was supposed to wreck the inside texture or something? (from the faq).

I pretty much use Zool's method - lots of hot water running through it from either end, use my finger at both ends to reach around inside, but then I let it air dry overnight on a towel before I stick it back in storage (with loose caps). It's working fine so far, although the mocha wonderwave feels a little gummy on the outside sometimes (might've even torn the "button" a little when re-inserting it once).

Have baby powder, but still haven't tried using it yet - I think there've been threads about it before, but in the US, standard baby powder is the equivalent of "corn starch" or whatever you're going to find in the grocery store right?

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by rikter8 View Post
    I use mine, and then take it to the sink and run warm water through it first. Then I take a bar of soap, and slip it in, and work the bar of soap back and forth. make sure there are no sharp edges on the soap.
    Sud's that puppy up from the inside, and then slide the soap out.
    Suds up the outside too.
    Rinse again with warm water.

I pat mine dry with a towel, and then take it to the kitchen sink and pat it down with corn starch. Talc powder also works good...but Corn starch in my house is readily available.
    Makes it silky smooth again, not sticky, and slides right in the case.

Tonight I'll try to make a video on how I clean mine. Mabee it will be usefull to some folks.
    Pretty sure you shouldn't be using soap on your FL..

FLight Attendant

Ah... Guess I should read the FAQ eh?

"What is the best way to clean the Fleshlight?
    Simply rinse your removeable Fleshlight sleeve with warm water from your sink and allow time for it to dry before storing. Do NOT use soap to clean your Real Feel Superskin sleeve. For tough cleaning, we suggest using a little isopropyl alcohol. To maintain that soft feel, sprinkle a liberal amount of corn starch on the sleeve and shake off the excess powder. We do NOT recommend the use of talcum or baby powder. NOTE: Powdering an Ice Fleshlight masturbation sleeve with anything other than corn starch will cause it to cloud over and lose its clear quality."

I wonder why soap is detramental?
    I havent noticed any change in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rikter8 View Post
    I wonder why soap is detramental? I havent noticed any change in mine.
    rikter8,
    Soap is detrimental due to the (usual) oil content. Oil and silicone based liquids deteriorate the material over time.
    ILF Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday 6AM - 10PM (CST)

PHONE: 888-804-4453
    EMAIL: support @ fleshlight. com

fleshlight. com/ faq/
    fleshjack. com/ faq/

FLight First Officer

I often cap mine back up and slide in under the bed until morning.

Then I get up and flush it backwards and forwards directly coupled to the sink faucet with COLD water, then follow up with hot.

Then a little alcohol in, pinch both ends and shake, then drain and towel dry.

I've never had the slightest bit of funkiness in there at all.

Happy FLying!

Bolt_Head

Nice thread Kelly, 5 star rating from me an karma.

FLight Navigator

Hmm... I rinse mine really well with water that's a little bit cool, then some warm or hot water. Then I will either rub alcohol over the whole thing or just pour some into the orifice and shake it around... then I let it drain, and either hang the insert up to dry by itself, or I let it dry enough so I can put it in the case and then hang the case up with the insert in it and the caps off til the next morning. Then once it's dry I put the caps on and set it on top of my dresser.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by K2-Kelly View Post
    With the advent of the new Vortex texture which from my experience with the TurboTube and it, then considering all others cleaning has just become a much more difficult task. The TurboTube though not difficult was tough enough, the Vortex is 10x tougher to clean well.
    I can't say from experience that the Vortex is tougher to clean than others since the sleeve is my first FL I've purchased, but so far I haven't had much trouble cleaning it after use. I simply spread open the orifice entry and wrap the labia and lips around the faucet of the sink, leaving the warm-hot water running down the sleeve for up 2-3 minutes.

After wringing out all the moisture from the vortex as much as possible, I towel-dry it and leave it out in the open in a fanned room for it to air dry for another 5 minutes before I stick it back in the case and put my FL up, fresh clean and ready for my next session.

Banned

I run warm water through mine from either end, rinse the spuzzblastium out really well and set it out to dry. Mine has sticky, little boogers on its outside and on the inside of the case. It smells kind of funky, but my cock doesn't seem to care...

FLight First Officer

I have had mine only a month but it is still clean and fresh. I live in Hawaii with no AC and everything molds so I worried when I read about the mold problem, but so far so good. Here is what I do:

1. Flush with cold water under the faucet (hot cooks the cum).
    2. Flush with hot water
    3. Pour alcohol in the opening
    4. Dry with towel on outside
    5. Wrap a thin cloth around a wooden chopstick and push through the end.
    6. Pull out the chopstick and pull the cloth through
    7. Place on nightstand in front of the fan (on high)
    I never store it in the case.

This works so well I replaced the Shower Fresh with alcohol and my shower curtain has remained mold free , as well. Who knew getting a Fleshlight would lead to a cleaner house! An added benefit.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanjames View Post
    1. Flush with cold water under the faucet (hot cooks the cum).
    2. Flush with hot water
    3. Pour alcohol in the opening
    4. Dry with towel on outside
    5. Wrap a thin cloth around a wooden chopstick and push through the end.
    6. Pull out the chopstick and pull the cloth through
    7. Place on nightstand in front of the fan (on high)
    I never store it in the case.
    Wow, I never thought to use a chopstick to clean my FL. You think a small microfiber cloth would be okay to use? (like the ones you use to clean eyeglass lens or computer screens)

I'll definitely try that next time.

FLight Attendant

I can't believe anyone would want to use a FL that wasn't 100% clean. After every use I wash it out with cold to rinse out any semen and then hot water for a good cleaning. Drying has always been a bit of an issue, but I've used a J-Cloth wrapped around the handle of a wooden spoon. Unfortunately I can't risk leaving my FL out in the open where it might be discovered so I have to make sure it's all dry before putting it away.

The #1 thing I always like to do is dust it with corn starch to regain the smoothness it had when I first received it. I read about this in previous posts and again here. Personally I love the smooth texture that the corn starch gives it - I like to perform a little foreplay with my FL Lady before use and the corn starch makes it soooo smooth. After my first use and cleaning I found the FL had become slightly tacky and I was afraid of losing that smoothness so I was grateful to learn about the corn starch.

musicman51

Quote Originally Posted by felixir View Post
    Wow, I never thought to use a chopstick to clean my FL. You think a small microfiber cloth would be okay to use? (like the ones you use to clean eyeglass lens or computer screens)

You want a cloth that is relatively lint-free. I use a plain old white cotton handkerchief -- it's fairly lint-free and seems to be just the right size to absorb the moisture.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by felixir View Post

I use a cotton bandana. I looked at my computer cleaning cloth and it does not look very absorbent, but it has no link so it may be worth a try.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by analsexfreak View Post
    I run warm water through mine from either end, rinse the spuzzblastium out really well and set it out to dry.
    HA HA... "spuzzblastium". You're killing me, asf !!

FLight Attendant

I have always just rinsed water through my sleeves. Normally I slip it on the tap and let i rinse while I bring out my hairdryer and do some other stuff. I usually let it rinse for at least 2 min. Then I clean the outside with water as well. After that I use my hairdryer using cold air to dry the sleeve. Takes about 2 min. My avatar shows me drying three sleeves at a time...
    Normally I only use one sleeve per session, but I needed a original avatar..

Never had any problems with bad smell etc..

FLight Captain

Excellent product positioning and use of color in your avatar, Volle. Maybe FL can hire you to take photos for their website.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by LadyIceMan View Post
    Excellent product positioning and use of color in your avatar, Volle. Maybe FL can hire you to take photos for their website.
    Thank you!
    I'm gonna be happy all day now..

FLight First Officer

Guys, if you use hot water soon after ejaculation, the proteins in the semen will cook and solidify. Instead, either wait until it liquefies, or rinse with cold water before turning it hot. You will save a LOT of trouble.

FLight Captain

7thbase is right,
    Flush semen out with cold
    Rinse with warm.
    Shake to dry.
    Use alcohol to speed up drying (and to disinfect)
    Store in case without caps on to completely dry.
    No big deal to clean

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhBase View Post
    Guys, if you use hot water soon after ejaculation, the proteins in the semen will cook and solidify. Instead, either wait until it liquefies, or rinse with cold water before turning it hot. You will save a LOT of trouble.

?

IF...hot water from the tap was hot enough, which is easier to move? A liquid that due to surface tension adheres to other materials and repels water, OR, a solid which does not? IF...it could really be cooked, then that would help as the very same glue type substances in many things be it wood, muscles, sinew, etc. are broken down and loosened by hot water.

Lastly, the hot water (hotter the better) aids in drying for exactly the same reason you clean a muzzle loading barrel with hot water.

Again, we're talking I've had zero problems and that with many different men using the same FL......My FL's like new from first use to the last.

K2

FLight Attendant

I've actually seen this stuff coming out of the fleshlight.. However, it doesn't seem stick to the Fleshlight Material any more than the other stuff.. Just rinse it good and you'll be safe..

FLight Attendant

I dont know if im doing it right but after im finished with my fleshlight i run the sleeve in the run water tap because the hot water solidifies the sperm and makes it all sticky. I run it in cold water till everything is out, i poke my finger thru both ends to check if theres anything sticky or slimey then i run hot water thru it.

I dry the outside with a towel and i roll up 2 kitchen paper and insert it into the vagina in the direction i twisted the paper towers so it stays staight while i screw it in. I dont leave the end caps off so that probably why its stinking. I want to get rid of the smell but i dont know how to. I tried to flip it inside out and just noticed that the inside is really sticky.

I check for stuff in the inside but i cant see anything. Its just really sticky and it smells. It doesnt smell like sperm or anything and i dont know if its the vanilla smell that comes with the sleeve. Iv been using boiling water to warm it up. Now it that it smells i dont even want to use it.

Need help. Please some1.

FLight First Officer

?

IF...hot water from the tap was hot enough, which is easier to move? A liquid that due to surface tension adheres to other materials and repels water, OR, a solid which does not? IF...it could really be cooked, then that would help as the very same glue type substances in many things be it wood, muscles, sinew, etc. are broken down and loosened by hot water.

K2
    U may be right I have never had the stuff cook in the fleshlight. I was basing this on having shot a load in the hottub. It gets like a poached egg and is hard to get the little lumps of the sides.

FLight First Officer

Kelly, it's very much like cooking an egg. It gunks up and sticks to surfaces.

FLight Captain

Kelly, it's very much like cooking an egg. It gunks up and sticks to surfaces.
    7th is right. It doesn't completely cook. It basically coagulates and sticks to crevices and ridges. If you use hot water under sufficient pressure you can flush it out as a lump or several lumps.
    Cold water under pressure will flush it out without the coagulation effect.

Either way works as long as you make sure it is all flushed out.

FLight Navigator

?

Lastly, the hot water (hotter the better) aids in drying for exactly the same reason you clean a muzzle loading barrel with hot water.

Again, we're talking I've had zero problems and that with many different men using the same FL......My FL's like new from first use to the last.

K2
    How many men you've had using it and whether it looks like new or not have nothing to do with what happens to sperm when it comes in contact with hot water. Any guy should know what hot water will do to sperm, unless he's never masturbated in the shower or has never had access to heated water. Hot water cooks sperm and makes it very sticky... How well it will stick to the fleshlight, I don't know, but I do know that it will stick to almost anything else.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DerStadtschutz View Post
    How many men you've had using it and whether it looks like new or not have nothing to do with what happens to sperm when it comes in contact with hot water. Any guy should know what hot water will do to sperm, unless he's never masturbated in the shower or has never had access to heated water. Hot water cooks sperm and makes it very sticky... How well it will stick to the fleshlight, I don't know, but I do know that it will stick to almost anything else.
    Including human hair (legs) and skin

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by tcp.pct View Post
    I find sperm very sticky even though it hasn't been cooked.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DerStadtschutz View Post
    How many men you've had using it and whether it looks like new or not have nothing to do with what happens to sperm when it comes in contact with hot water. .......
    That not the point....It looks, "smells" and functions like new. Whether you realize or not, mens semen actually has an "anti-semen" property to it. Now I can't recall if it is all or just certain semen or aspects of, yet they'll actually attack those of a different genetic make-up....The point being rather primative, yet basically X female is receptive to sex, a,b,c,d males mate with her, their semen to what degree I can't say fight for dominance.

The end result is often a rather rank smell. Add to that the various oils and so on, and you can see how quickly such a toy would become rather nasty...........Fact of the matter is though, it's not, in perfect condition.

Now you can argue your point of "cooking cum" from now till doomsday.....Yet fact of the matter is utilizing the method I outline the fleshlights I've had under more extreme conditions then you all I assume put yours through are in perfect condition..............No smell......No residue......No discoloration......No deterioration. The only aspect that might be a negative being is that I "wonder" if the hot water is contributing to the stickiness.

Clean yours however you want........Yet in the end many are not cleaning them well enough.

However, it's your fleshlight.....It's your dick.....If it doesn't bother you it certainly doesn't me as "my dicks" are squeeky clean

K2

FLight Navigator

I wasn't arguing that your fleshlight isn't clean. I was simply stating that whether you believe it or not, hot water does do what others have been saying to sperm, that's all. Besides, like I said, I don't know how well it'll stick to the fleshlight material in that state, but I don't usually cum in them anyway. It saves me time and trouble having to clean the cum out of the case, too.

And yes, my fleshlights are clean and fine. I flush them with water, fill with alcohol, shake, drain, and hang them up to dry every time I use them. So far, so good. No discoloration, no foul odors, no anything.

I remember hearing about the sperm attacking one another(probably 8th grade health class), but that hadn't crossed my mind in a long time until you mentioned it just now.
    Last edited by DerStadtschutz; 09-02-2008 at 02:22 AM.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by K2-Kelly
    The only aspect that might be a negative being is that I "wonder" if the hot water is contributing to the stickiness.
    No, the material is just naturally extremely sticky.

I cut a piece of the material off once, and the surface of the cut was more sticky than it ever gets from cleaning since it had absolutely no powder on it. Powdering the cut surface made it feel like when it came from the factory.

FLight Navigator

Smile

To dry the inside of the sleeves sometimes I flip it inside out and use a towel. Other times I tightly roll a paper towel over a chopstick then insert it into the sleeve, twisting it and going in and out. Two years and three sleeves, it hasn't failed me yet.

FLight First Officer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tcp.pct View Post
    I had a guy tease me at the beach, he pointed at my chest hair which was all clumped up with cum and I did not realize it. He said, Looks like you had a "happy ending" today!

FLight Navigator

So when you use alcohol do you wash it off with water or just leave it after you have already washed out the insert ?

Will84

FLight First Officer

When using alcohol, I just "fling" the insert a little to shake off the excess, but then I leave the alcohol to dry. Alcohol displaces water and makes it evap faster, so it dries faster with alcohol than just with plain water. Plus the alcohol is a disinfectant.

FLight Attendant

well got my vortex .cleanin the inside is easy ,but the out side remaines ??sticky why??

FLight First Officer

Once all the poweder is off, the FL material gets sticky. You can repoweder, or ignore it.

FLight Navigator

Thanks for the info so after im done cleaning it ill leave the alcohol inside it.

Will84

FLight First Officer

The stickiness is the nature of the material. You can't change that. But you can powder the outside with cornstarch like ILF recommends.

Personally, I never powder mine; too much trouble. But NEVER drop an insert on a carpeted floor or you'll be forever pulling stuff off of it!

And yeah, just leave the alcohol inside.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by musicman51 View Post
    You want a cloth that is relatively lint-free. I use a plain old white cotton handkerchief -- it's fairly lint-free and seems to be just the right size to absorb the moisture.
    For the chopstick method, a paper towel does a good job too as it absorbs the water well. The downside is that the paper towel doesn't have a long lifespan and needs to be changed frequently.

FLight Attendant

I'd been curious about where to buy cornstarch (prolly everywhere), so I looked it up. Walgreens has it and eBay has it (make sure to search for cornstarch and not corn starch). Not only that, but it's really cheap!

FLight Captain

I found cornstarch in the baby powder section. It's actually baby powder with some fragrance but the ingredients say cornstarch.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by UMBCSS View Post
    (make sure to search for cornstarch and not corn starch).
    There's a difference between the two?

FLight First Officer

Cornstarch is a common cooking item. Buy it anywhere they sell groceries.

FLight Navigator

Default Re: How to Clean Your Fleshlight....

Well I cleaned my new WW yesterday also first time useing it.I think I cleaned it right ?
    It was dry in about an hour ?

1.let my cum leak out of it for a few seconds.
    2.Washed the inside and out side with cold then hot water.
    3.Dried it with a towl I couldent really get all of the inside.
    4.Poured alcohol on the inside and outside shakeing it all over.
    5.Dired some of the alcohol with a towl.
    6.let it sit on a shelf over the heater over night.
    7.Put corn starch on it inside and out.

Does this sound like I cleaned it right ?

Will84

FLight First Officer

Default Re: How to Clean Your Fleshlight....

Quote Originally Posted by Will84 View Post
    Well I cleaned my new WW yesterday also first time useing it.I think I cleaned it right ?
    It was dry in about an hour ?

1.let my cum leak out of it for a few seconds.
    2.Washed the inside and out side with cold then hot water.
    3.Dried it with a towl I couldent really get all of the inside.
    4.Poured alcohol on the inside and outside shakeing it all over.
    5.Dired some of the alcohol with a towl.
    6.let it sit on a shelf over the heater over night.
    7.Put corn starch on it inside and out.

Does this sound like I cleaned it right ?

Will84
    Good Job! I have not tried cornstarch yet. I find water takes away the stickyness and cornstarch is messy,