Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    Bolt_Head

Default The Fleshlight and Lubes

ONLY use water based lubes, check the ingredients to make sure.
    The Fleshlight is made of material that when exposed to OIL will degrade the Fleshlight.

Buy your lubes here: http://www.fleshlight.com/lubricants/

Or for the more advanced.. Home made lubes:
    http://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?t=21523
    http://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?t=20762
    Last edited by Bolt_Head; 07-10-2009 at 07:54 PM.

FLight Navigator

Default Re: The Fleshlight and Lubes

Thanks for the reminder

FLight First Officer

I'll put a word in for Xanthan gum, it's the only lube I've used and the only lube I will use (because I'm cheap)

- 1/4 teaspoon of Xanthan gum make 1 cup of lube
    - there is 214 1/4 teaspoon in 6oz of Xanthan gum
    - that's 214 cups of lube
    - 1 cup = 8oz of lube
    - 214 cups x 8 oz = 1712oz of lube
    - 1712oz = 13.375 gallons
    - 5oz of Astroglide is $7.25 = $1.45 per .oz
    - 1712oz Xanthan gum is $6.00 = $.003 per .oz
    - you can't beat $.003 per .oz
    - you can't beat $.45 per gallon

I did these rough estimates around a year ago so the prices of thing might have changed slightly but it will give you a good idea of how cheap X-gum lube really is

FLight Captain

ID - Pleasure Like the tingle

FLight Captain

I've tried:
    -Thermal
    -Wet Light
    -Warming Astroglide
    -ID Glide
    -ID Glide Pleasure
    Out of all of these, I like Astroglide and ID Glide best, they last longest. I don't really care about smell or cleanup time or anything else. It's really all about how long it lasts.

FLight Captain

Only used Wet and Super Slick.....

Bolt_Head

This is as a topic i'd like to keep stickied because it's very informational, if the admin or ILF CS wants this unsticked please PM me.

FLight Captain

Gun Oil H2O seems to be my favorite at the moment. Beat out Wet Light (no pun intended).

FLight Attendant

Talking Re: The Fleshlight and Lubes

Yeah, I've tried Gun Oil H2O and it is also a personal favorite of mine. Lasts great. Like others have said, nothing kills a FL session like having to reapply lube.

FLight Attendant

Fleshlube is the only lube for me FL or otherwise, I have yet to see its equal. No smell, easy clean up and it lasts forever when applied, what more can you ask for?

Bolt_Head

Updated this thread.

FLight Attendant

Maybe this is wellknown to all seasoned fleshlight users. I now only apply a little lube in the opening to get in. Then I open the lid and apply the lube from the bottom, or actually the top when the penis is erect. That way I need less lube and get a good spread of the lube inside the fleshlight. This simple technique has really improved my sessions with the fleshlight.

FLight Attendant

By far the best I have ever used (and I've used a lot including several homemade lubes) is ***** - Wild. Its a japanese product, but you can order it online from a few places. I don't think I'm allowed to direct link to a site, but PM me if interested.

FLight Attendant

Anyone know some other good home made lubes? Or any Recommendations of Non Oil based lotions? Lube is just too expensive and xanthan gum isn't really something I happen to have around the house. I've yet to use a fleshlight but I've used some lubes in other activities. Wet gets sticky after a little bit and astro glide leaves this grimy feeling on your hands unless scrubbed throughly.

FLight Attendant

I've only ever used KY liquid. Does a more expensive lube really make a difference?

FLight Navigator

Straight Cornstarch and Distilled Water. 1 cup of water to 4 tsp of cornstarch. Boil. Let cool at room temperature. I use this lube as a filler. I fill my fleshlight with cornstarch lube and then apply KY Ultragel onto my skin. KY Ultragel has worked best with cornstarch lube. Just a tiny small amount of KY Ultragel and the filler cornstarch lube has allowed for some cost efficient multi hour Fleshlight Flight sessions. My wife finally questioned me about what I was making last night. I am well into cooking up 100oz of the stuff. I told her exactly what it was, she thought it was weird, and then I explained that lube cost around $2 per once. Then she withdrew her debate because the boiling pot of goo was saving her budget. It works great and I already use cornstarch to powder the Fleshlight after cleaning it. Now I use the cornstarch for lube and powdering.

Steps:
    1) Get a bowl and wisk. Pour water, cornstarch and then stir.
    2) Pour into stovetop pot and stir.
    3) Turn heat to high and continue to stir
    4) Boil and continue to stir
    5) Pour out into a bowl and continue to stir
    6) Stop stirring and let it cool at room temperature.
    7) After it has cool down to a tolerable warm temperature, stir again, and then pour into bottles or whatever you are going to use.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by bigdmoney; 03-18-2016 at 03:30 PM.

FLight Attendant

I may have to try this homemade lube with Xantham gum. I would never have it on-hand ordinarily, but I just recently bought some for a Gluten-Free recipe, and the descriptions of it make it sound like it might be worth the effort.

Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by the "Official" fleshlight lube? I don't like the consistency.

FLight Navigator

You know it's bad when your oldest kid walk by and says, "Really, more chicken fat? What are you going to do with all that stuff?"
    Then you second oldest walks by and says, "Daddy you are cooking your food again."

You know, it could be worse. Think about the parents that smoke around their kids. There is a kid in my oldest class that demonstrates to them how smoking looks. I had re-educate him to the fact that we smoke chickens and not ourselves. Smoking is a form of cooking that is done in a smoker. "That he doesn't want to be in the smoker with all the chickens because smoking is a form of cooking and you would not want to cook yourself?"

Anyways, I thought it was funny. I am going to have to build a different story as they get older or just cook when they aren't home. It's tough to cook the homemade lube when you have a few kids.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by bigdmoney View Post
    You know it's bad when your oldest kid walk by and says, "Really, more chicken fat? What are you going to do with all that stuff?"
    Then you second oldest walks by and says, "Daddy you are cooking your food again."

You know, it could be worse. Think about the parents that smoke around their kids. There is a kid in my oldest class that demonstrates to them how smoking looks. I had re-educate him to the fact that we smoke chickens and not ourselves. Smoking is a form of cooking that is done in a smoker. "That he doesn't want to be in the smoker with all the chickens because smoking is a form of cooking and you would not want to cook yourself?"

Anyways, I thought it was funny. I am going to have to build a different story as they get older or just cook when they aren't home. It's tough to cook the homemade lube when you have a few kids.
    LOLz. Tell them this is our family secret recipe. XD

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Funilingus View Post
    I may have to try this homemade lube with Xantham gum. I would never have it on-hand ordinarily, but I just recently bought some for a Gluten-Free recipe, and the descriptions of it make it sound like it might be worth the
    I found this on a different thread on this Fleshlight Forum site:

Quote Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
    J-Lube makes the slipperiest lube you can make at home. I use

2 teaspoons J-Lube
    1 teaspoon xanthan gum
    2 tablespoons propylene glycol or glycerin
    1 cup hot water

Add the first 3 ingredients to a 2 cup measuring cup and stir well to get the dry ingredients fully wetted, then add the hot water and mix very well with an electric mixer with just 1 beater in it (watch out because the lube will crawl up the beater's shaft; use a finger or the side of the cup to keep it down). You can use more or less xanthan gum depending on how thick you like your lube; I like mine on the thicker side.

All of the ingredients can be bought from amazon.com and will last you a long time.

http://www.fleshmods.com/how-to-make-lube/

http://www.anus.org/SEX/jlube.html
    (If you use the propylene glycol you don't need to do his silly boiling method, which is dangerous in the microwave with a goopy liquid).
    Maybe this is the secret recipe we are all looking for. LOL! I guess we need to all order the parts and post our findings.

FLight Attendant

I personally found myself having to reapply lube a lot especially with FleshLube and Gun oil H2O, is astroglide any better?

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Neurodrive View Post
    I personally found myself having to reapply lube a lot especially with FleshLube and Gun oil H2O, is astroglide any better?
    The Astroglide gets sticky when it dries and that stickiness can cause your member to catch on the Fleshlight. When you catch on the Fleshlight it cause it to make mini rips and tears. Astroglide also gives me such a sticky, itchy, and quazi burning sensation afterwards that it makes it feel like a caught something. I think it is the glycerin that causes this effect. Things are great when I use lubes that don't have glycerin. Here is some info from a different site about glycerin lubes.

Cons of Personal Lubricants that Contain Glycerin

Longevity: Personal lubricants that contain glycerin can dry out or get sticky rather quickly during use. However, this can easily be remedied by applying a little more of the lubricant or by adding a small amount of water or saliva.
    Yeast Infections: Although glycerin tastes sweet, it doesn’t actually contain sugar. However, it may convert to sugar inside the vagina, which can cause yeast infections in some women, especially women who are prone to getting them.

There is good news for Astroglide fans. That make a lube that does not contain glycerin: (Astroglide Sensitive Skin Gel)
    Astroglide Liquid Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 15, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.
    Astroglide Gel Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Methylparaben, Glucono Delta Lactone, and Sodium Hydroxide.
    Astroglide Sensitive Skin Gel Ingredients: Purified Water, Xylitol, Hydroxyethylcellose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pectin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, and Phenoxyethanol
    Last edited by bigdmoney; 03-24-2016 at 11:54 AM.

FLight Navigator

I just saw this at Amazon.com. Great price. Under $1 an ounce!

Slippery Stuff Gel - Water-based Lubricant - 16 Oz
    by Slippery Stuff
    4.7 out of 5 stars 21 customer reviews
    Price: $14.41

http://www.amazon.com/Slippery-Stuff-Gel-Water-based-Lubricant/dp/B00UKFVFGS/ref=pd_sim_121_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=31XQTzSOD3L&dpSrc=si ms&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=19SGW6Z84MJ XWGDTYB9D

I think I will order this stuff to replace my KY Ultragel. The Ultragel is expensive. The Slippery Stuff is cheap and comes in a portion control pump bottle.

FLight Attendant

I just saw this at Amazon.com. Great price. Under $1 an ounce!

Slippery Stuff Gel - Water-based Lubricant - 16 Oz
    by Slippery Stuff
    4.7 out of 5 stars 21 customer reviews
    Price: $14.41

I think I will order this stuff to replace my KY Ultragel. The Ultragel is expensive. The Slippery Stuff is cheap and comes in a portion control pump bottle.
    Looks promising indeed. Let us know when you've tried it out, and if it works out for you then i might give it a go.

FLight Navigator

I had half bottle of astroglide that I haven't used in a while, so I decided to revisit the Astroglide. If you add water while using it, it will keep from catching. It does start to generate friction when that stuff starts drying up.

FLight Navigator

On a different thread line here on Fleshlight Forum, a person posted a post about the "Slipper Stuff Gel" and they said it works really good with the Fleshlight. They also said it may not be the best for real intercourse. I read another post about straight water cutting cheap store brand lubes.

My journey into shelf brand cutting, quazi-homemade lube has brought me to this current recipe:

1) KY Ultragel Lube, Distilled Water, and Cornstarch
    Directions: 1oz of lube - 1 cup of distilled water - 4 tsp of cornstarch
    Full Bottle of KY Ultragel makes 40oz of modified lube.

2) Cheap bottle of liquid lube and Distilled Water
    Directions: 1/2 Lube and 1/2 Distilled Water

I created this mixture around two weeks ago and I have used half of the modified lube. I am no longer wasting boat loads of money on lube. I can actually enjoy the Fleshlight without thinking about how much money I am spending on lube. This lube is Fleshlight friendly, so my third Fleshlight that I bought a couple of months ago is still in great condition.

The combination of the two modified lubes listed above work really good on the Fleshlight.
    1) Squirt the KY-modified into the Fleshlight and figure it in.
    2) Put the Liquid-modified onto your Unit
    3) Start Flying and repeat steps 1 and 2 periodically when needed.

Good Luck.

Side Note: Wicked Creme works really good in real intercourse. It also works well as general purpose genital lotion. I put this stuff on daily it keeps your unit from drying out. It says "male masturbation cream" but it is terrible to use in masturbation. It works good during real intercourse. This creme stuff is terrible in a Fleshlight.

Wicked Sensual Care Wicked Crème
    http://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Sensual-Care-Cr%C3%A8me-Masturbation/dp/B008Z9Z2WE
    Last edited by bigdmoney; 04-13-2016 at 10:17 AM.

FLight Navigator

The best lube I have cut so far has been the KY Ultragel, Distilled Water, and Cornstarch. I made another batch of the KY Ultra-modified today. The previous batch lasted right at 5 weeks. I think I will be buying the slippery Stuff Gel for the first time this week. The pump bottle has me interested. Yesterday, I confused my Ultra-modified with my water cut and squeezed way too much into my Fleshlight. It is supposed to be modified lube into the Fleshlight and water cut onto the skin. I revisited glycerin lube because I had standby bottles. Glycerin still remains to not be very good during an extended session. The verdict is to try and avoid glycerin lube. More than a few manufactures use glycerin in their lubes, but you should avoid it if you are FLying for more than 30 minutes. Lubes that contain glycerin are great when it is a short session, but it gets sticky and damages the Fleshlight as time goes on.

Sidenote: Retail employees will give your the weird eye when you are buying nothing but Distilled Water, Corn Starch, KY Ultragel, and Isopropyl Alcohol 91%.

I can't wait till I am questioned. I will say, "What you never heard of Fleshlight? I like to party."

FLight Navigator

Maybe this is the secret recipe we are all looking for. LOL! I guess we need to all order the parts and post our findings.
    I'm still using that recipe and still loving it. The only "problem" with it is that I warm it by putting it in a heating pad that's been folded around the bottle. I have a heating pad that has a timer so it's only heated for 1.5 hours but that repeated heating seems to break down the xanthan gum and it gets sort of lumpy. Still works great, just looks kind of weird.

During sessions I've been alternating with Fleshlube that I got with one of my orders. It adds a different sensation, a sort of thicker goo. Looking at its ingredients it's just propylene glycol and glycerin. I'm going to try making a test batch of just propylene glycol, glycerin, and J-Lube; i.e., no water or xanthan gum.

FLight Attendant

Astroglide is still the best for me.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
    I'm going to try making a test batch of just propylene glycol, glycerin, and J-Lube; i.e., no water or xanthan gum.
    Nope, no cigar. It was too runny and watery. Very difficult to manage because of that. I tried adding some xanthan gum but that didn't help; it seems that the xanthan gum needs water to activate its thickening properties. So then I heated up a half cup of water to the boiling point in the microwave and poured that in while running the mixer and then it thickened up nicely.

FLight Navigator

In this recipe that's quoted I heat the water until it's boiling, in the microwave. I don't know how hot it really needs to be but in case you want to try my recipe I'd get the water boiling hot.

FLight Navigator

I am still happily using my newest batch of the KY Ultragel, cornstarch, and distilled water. I am glad to be free of the glycerin post session itch. Maybe I am allergic to glycerin or somethin', I don't know.

FLight Navigator

I was running low on the Modified Ultragel and I have like 10 of those little FleshLube water samples sitting around. FleshLube has glycerin. I used it yesterday and the skin on my dick was on fire. I cooked up some more Modified cornstarch KY Ultragel immediately. I must be allergic to glycerin. I cooked up like 50+ ounces. The modified Ultragel works for me and is way cheaper way to use the Fleshlight. I don't recommend using the modified lube on a real female, only use on the Fleshlight.

Lube Recipe:
    2 bottles of KY Ultragel, cornstarch, and distilled water.
    2 six ounce bottles pump spray bottles
    Storage bottles for 40oz of Modified KY Ultragel.
    ----------
    Note: Use a whisk for stirring to make the mixtures even. 4.5oz of KY Ultragel is a full bottle of KY Ultragel.
    ----------
    1) Take 5 cups of Distilled Water, 20 Tsp of Cornstarch, and 4.5oz of KY Ultragel. Stir it. Heat to boil while stirring. Cool it and Stir again. Warm a little and stir again. Then pour into bottles.
    2) Take 8oz of Distilled Water and 4.5oz of KY Ultragel. Stir it. Boil it. Stir it. Cool it. Then fill the two spray bottles.

40oz of Modified KY Ultragel Cornstarch Lube and 12oz of Modified KY Ultragel Distilled Water Lube. Cost: $24.
    Picture of Final Product: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EDdkOYLpt0YjhEckNRbTR6UTg/view?usp=sharing

***Warning: When boiling, this mixture is hot like lava and will probably burn the skin off your hand. Be very careful.
    Last edited by bigdmoney; 06-10-2016 at 09:10 AM.