Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    Bolt_Head

Default General FleshLight Tips Super Thread

Updated daily..

Traditional heating method: Place the Fleshlight in warm-hot water for 15 minutes until warmed.
    Variation: Replace the water every 5 minutes with hot water. You might also want to keep the hot water flowing down the drain, this way your fleshlight stays warm.

Bring a pot with hot water with you and place your lube in it to keep your lube warm, prolonging the warming experiance.

Use a Warming blanket, set it to medium heat and let warm for 2 hrs, the fleshlight keeps warm for a long time.

Try a sealed heating container for faster heating.

Cleaning: Recommendations include everything from simply washing your fleshlight out with hot water to using alcohol as a disinfecting agent every so often.

That concludes todays tips by me, but feel free to leave your own tips. Thanks!

FLight Captain

Default Re: General FleshLight Tips Super Thread

i got a laptop cooling pad for Christmas. its going to double as a fl dryer and cheaper than some of those diy models for 18 bucks.

FLight Attendant

Not ejaculating in the fleshlight makes cleanup easier.

There, I added something; I didn't want to comment without contributing, since this is a tips thread. But, what I wanted to say was, thank you, Bolthead, for starting this thread. There are a million and one threads asking and offering tips -- they need to be condensed.

FLight Navigator

Not cumming in a fleshlight does make cleanup easier but I think it feels better to just let go in the unit.

As for a tip, here is mine: store dry fleshlights on top of a computer whether the computer is semi-enclosed in a cabinet or not. The heat from the computer (desktops only, no all-in-one units either) should keep the fleshlight relatively warm so you can just pick it up and go. Computers in cabinets tend to warm the unit much better.

FLight First Officer

pour boiling water on the opening a few minutes before using the fleshlight and keep a little off to the side for warming you lube

FLight Captain

Tip: Place a cotton ball at the end of the insert to soak up any extra lube that may drip out when flying and reduce the whistling sound the case makes.

FLight First Officer

Tip: wrap FL in a pillow and strap it tight with a belt..the rest is history

FLight Attendant

That cotton ball idea sounds like a nice tip, Funky Flesh. I'll try that next time.

I read a cleaning tip a few days ago that said to get a lint-free cloth to dry the inside with. The full tip for a quick clean went something like this: rinse with cold water, then hot water, then isopropyl alchohol, then dry it with a lint-free cloth by shoving it through with plastic chopsticks.

I haven't tried it yet, myself, but air-drying it has been taking too long and has been leaving dampness in the middle even after a full day, so... I've gotta find a cloth like that.

Frogger and ThisIsNot, I've found that cum washes out really easily and, even if you haven't ejaculated in it, I would think you'd want to go through the same cleaning and drying procedures anyway to remove the lube and water.

FLight Attendant

I used some plumber's thread tape on my FLG case to make the end cap fit a little more snug; 2-3 layers on the threads seems to do the trick.

For heating, put the FL insert and bottle of lube inside a large Zip-lock freezer bag and fill with warm/hot water. Try to remove as much air as possible from the bag before sealing it shut. Place the bag in the bathroom sink and fill the sink with warm/hot water, then cover the sink with a piece of aluminum foil.

I'll have to try that cotton ball idea

FLight First Officer

i am thinking of attaching a sponge disk (custom cut to fit) on the inside of the suction cap to soak up any extra lube, etc. This might also eliminate the wheezing noise. and then you could just wash the sponge and cap with soap and hot water to clean it.

oh, and i also use the pipe threading tape on all my end caps to get a tighter seal.

FLight First Officer

Something to try to work on the less-than-perfect end cap seal/hissing noise.

Drill a 1/4 inch hole in the end cap.
    Seal the cap circumferentially with a piece of black plastic electrical tape.....it's dirt cheap and comes off easily with zero glue residue for cleanup.

Then:
    1. With the hole unoccluded it's as if the cap is off, noise is minimal.

2. With a bit of cotton you get a great suction that is easily variable by modulating the amount and density of cotton in the 1/4 inch hole.

3. with a finger pressing the cotton very gently you can vary from a little suction to about 100%.

4. Moisten the cotton and you get 99.5% suction.

5. If you've never cum with a stout pull with 100% suction you MUST try it.....it will drag every last drop of cum up from your toenails to your eyeballs!!!!! My lifetime highest intensity orgasms are with a long flight finishing up at 100% suction and a strong pull!

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger17 View Post
    Not ejaculating in the fleshlight makes cleanup easier.

There, I added something; I didn't want to comment without contributing, since this is a tips thread. But, what I wanted to say was, thank you, Bolthead, for starting this thread. There are a million and one threads asking and offering tips -- they need to be condensed.
    not cumming in the fleshlight just because of cleaning purposes is blasphemous.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by P3RFECT View Post
    not cumming in the fleshlight just because of cleaning purposes is blasphemous.
    LOL! I agree with that sentiment. A few extra seconds of cleanup is definitely worth the inside ejaculation.

FLight Captain

When heating the insert AND lube (as both should be) in water, lay a washcloth or two over both. The weight will help hold them deeper in the water (and actually in the warmest layer being near the top), and the cloth works as a wick drawing hot water into it, yet letting the cooled slip back up into the balance......Your FL will heat much faster.

Also, if not using a constant source of heated water (like a pot on a stove), yet say a sink......More hot water is BETTER, as it contains more (not higher) heat to be transferred to the FL.

Lastly, if using a sink or thermous....Pre-heat them by putting hot water in them then replacing it (sink or thermous) as otherwise the heat from the water will warm the container more then the FL.

K2

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Flesh View Post
    LOL! I agree with that sentiment. A few extra seconds of cleanup is definitely worth the inside ejaculation.
    Oh yeah! Pulling out and then ejaculating by hand feels nowhere near as good as shooting my entire load into the Fleshlight. It only takes a few seconds of running cold water through the sleeve to wash out all of my love juice.

Bolt_Head

Anyone tried this? While laying down and FLying I like to point the fleshlight on an diagnol angle pointing towards me, it feels really good with the WonderWave.

Try using Xanthan Gum as a lube, mix it water and it lasts a very long time, very slick and best of all it's organic and won't hurt the FL (search for Xanthan Gum).

This tip is more advanced but Do-Able, did you know you can actually turn Xanthan Gum based lubes into a more intense lube by adding a little sugar and yeast then letting it ferment for about 3 weeks? Yes this is sounds really out there but it won't hurt your FL at all and it feels very good! Try it yourself..The fizzle and bubbles produced by the fermantation actually make it better.
    Last edited by Bolt_Head; 01-08-2009 at 12:13 PM.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by LadyIceMan View Post
    Oh yeah! Pulling out and then ejaculating by hand feels nowhere near as good as shooting my entire load into the Fleshlight. It only takes a few seconds of running cold water through the sleeve to wash out all of my love juice.
    The jizz has to go somewhere. It's easier to clean up if it's inside the insert than all over your chair or desk.

FLight Attendant

Here's a tip I'm sure all the pro's have figured out:

I used to use the fleshlight with my hand, just like wanking. Instead, I've now evolved into putting a towel on my desk, and keeping the fleshlight stable, while thrusting into it. And now, I've changed the thickness of the towel (via folding), in order to tilt the FL forward or backward, for different stimulation. Feels good man.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by vxwrjqukzj View Post
    Here's a tip I'm sure all the pro's have figured out:

I used to use the fleshlight with my hand, just like wanking. Instead, I've now evolved into putting a towel on my desk, and keeping the fleshlight stable, while thrusting into it. And now, I've changed the thickness of the towel (via folding), in order to tilt the FL forward or backward, for different stimulation. Feels good man.
    Hands-free thrusting into the Fleshlight feels better to me too. I think our bodies were meant to work that way. It simulates real sex better than moving the Fleshlight by hand.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LadyIceMan View Post
    Hands-free thrusting into the Fleshlight feels better to me too. I think our bodies were meant to work that way. It simulates real sex better than moving the Fleshlight by hand.
    I agree. But I never last as long hands free than when I use my hand to work the FL. I'll have to "train" a bit more with hands free styles.

Bolt_Head

Keep this thread going guys! We need some more tips here. I'd like to compile a list sometime and post it to my site. I don't know if I mentioned this but Im busy right now and cant remember, my recommendation for a good lube is to take generic jelly lube, mix it with water and add some Xanthan Gum for the ultimate lube!

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by K2-Kelly View Post
    When heating the insert AND lube (as both should be) in water, lay a washcloth or two over both. The weight will help hold them deeper in the water (and actually in the warmest layer being near the top), and the cloth works as a wick drawing hot water into it, yet letting the cooled slip back up into the balance......Your FL will heat much faster.

K2
    genius.... i will be using this tip.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsNot View Post
    Not cumming in a fleshlight does make cleanup easier but I think it feels better to just let go in the unit.

As for a tip, here is mine: store dry fleshlights on top of a computer whether the computer is semi-enclosed in a cabinet or not. The heat from the computer (desktops only, no all-in-one units either) should keep the fleshlight relatively warm so you can just pick it up and go. Computers in cabinets tend to warm the unit much better.
    i think cumming in your fleshlight is the best tip!

Bolt_Head

Has anyone got any more tips? This can't be all can it? If you want to make your FL entry tighter or make an original FL tighter try one of the Mods on freeishows.com/moddir.html - the alternate tightness mod was genius if you ask me.

FLight Attendant

I've seen both posted on here before, but since I've not seen them in this thread I guess I'll toss them in.

Get an exercise ball, tie the fleshlight to it and pump away. Another hands free method and something fun to hold on to.

A variation on this: Those big inflatable boxing gloves kids use to beat the tar out of each other with, sock em/socker boppers, make GREAT fleshlight holders as well. Just slip the case in and go to town.

FLight Attendant

with regard to cleaning the Fleshlight with alcohol,-so i bought Invite Natural Body Hygiene,a blue savory alcohol gel for sextoys,it contains:Isopropylalcohol,Denaturalized Ethylalcohol,Demineralized water,Glycerol,Aroma,TEA-carbomer,Colour CI42045.
    Wonder if there are any substances in it that may harmful to the Fleshlight material?

FLight Attendant

ok,maybe i posted my question in the wrong thread...

FLight First Officer

"5. If you've never cum with a stout pull with 100% suction you MUST try it.....it will drag every last drop of cum up from your toenails to your eyeballs!!!!! My lifetime highest intensity orgasms are with a long flight finishing up at 100% suction and a strong pull!"

Oregon, you mean like being all the way in the Fleshlight right as you're about to cum, and then slowly pulling out for the duration of your orgasm? Interesting... I can't believe I've never thought to try that, it sounds fantastic. I would try it right now if my Fleshlight case was capable of complete suction, but it sounds like I'll have to mod one of my cases before I can do that...

As for my tips:

1) Don't like the smell of the Fleshlight material? Look up Shunga Toko Aroma lubricant. It's available in about 6 different fruit scents/flavors, and has both a great smell and a pleasant flavor, and with no weird after-taste like most flavored lubes seem to have. The lubricant is slick and rather viscuous: runnier than astroglide (the only other lube I've tried) without sacrificing lubrication, and it actually seems to last a bit longer. The scent I have (Strawberries & Champagne) is really enticing during a FLight, and while the lube washes off easily afterwards (it's water based), the scent sticks on the FL, so over time your fleshlight will actually smell more pleasant and less rubbery. And of course, since it actually tastes good, it's a great choice for sex as well. Unlike most lubricants, which would likely discourage you from going down on your partner during or after sex, Toko Aroma makes it not only possible, but enjoyable to do so. Highly recommend the stuff, and you can probably find it at any adult stores. I actually think ILF should start carrying it.

2) I've seen a few people complaining that the intensity of the Vortex insert makes it impossible to stroke through orgasm. This may be true if you're trying to stroke up and down through your orgasm, but I actually find it easier to stimulate myself while cumming in my Vortex than with my Supertight, and once you try this technique, I think you'll agree.

First, let's discuss the design of the Vortex. Most of you are probably already intimately familiar with it, but for convenience sake I'll include an overview. The insert has 4 longer wide chambers, separated by short tight sections. Each of these chambers has spiral ribbing, and every time the insert reaches a tight segment, the spiral changes direction. So basically the inside of the insert looks (very roughly) like this:

<<<<<
    \\\\\\\\\
    >>>>>
    /////////

With the slashes representing the wide chambers, and the brackets (< and >) representing the tight chambers where the spiral changes direction. Now, to do this technique you need to be pretty familiar with your Vortex, and very aware of how your penis fits inside of it. Take your time and figure out what part of your penis the tight segments are around, because when you orgasm you want to make sure that one of the tight segments is right below the head of your cock, aligned with the really sensitive spot on the underside. So when you're about to orgasm, thrust as deep as you want, making sure that the tight segment lines up with the sensitive spot just under your cockhead. Now, quickly and continuously rotate the entire fleshlight so that the "arrows" in the tight section of the insert (< and > in my diagram; the little v's that form where the spiraling changes) are rubbing that sensitive spot right under your head. Because of the extra space in the wide chambers, I find that this allows me to continue twisting and stimulating the sensitive part of my cock throughout my orgasm, without overstimulating the overly-sensitive head, leading to a much more satisfying conclusion to my Vortex FLights.

A couple of tips: I find, when rotating, that it's best to rotate WITH the direction of the arrows, rather than against (i.e. if the arrows are pointing clockwise around the insert, rotate clockwise). How will you know which way the arrows are going? Well, apart from measuring how many tight sections you've hit in the insert and comparing to a cutaway on the ILF website, you could just try rotating in both directions. rotating in one direction will feel like a smooth, pleasurable glide (this means you're going the right direction), while rotating in the other direction will give a slightly uncomfortable tugging sensation (this means you're going in the wrong direction). The good news is that once you figure out which way to rotate on your first try, you'll probably always be rotating in the same direction in the future (after all, your dick isn't likely to get significantly longer or shorter) and won't have to try both directions every time. Also, for the reasons listed above, I would advice against twisting the insert back and forth during orgasm, like wringing out a towel. Go in the same direction the entire time, because at least for me, I don't find going against the grain to be very pleasurable.

Bolt_Head

Thank you Cow Assassin for the tips, the cascading arrows sound kinky.

I mentioned this tip awhile ago and someone recently brought it back to my attention. It involves using Guar Gum instead of Xanthan Gum. Use 1/4th a teaspoon to 1 cup of water. It's cheaper then Xanthan Gum but does the same thing.

FLight Attendant

Great thread. I would recommend trying your FL with a partner. I never really liked getting handjobs, not that I would turn one down. That is not the case with the fleshlight, I really like having my girlfriend to use it on me. She actually does it better than I do and I enjoy it way more totally hands free.

My previous GF used it on me as well, and while it was still awesome, it was not quite as good. She was not as good at maintaining the rythim or consistancy. I guess that means that results may vary but it is still the most unexpected aspect of fleshlight use to me.

Bolt_Head

Do you like to warm up your lubes? Try adding sugar to your lube mix, it helps keep your lube warmer for longer.

Bolt_Head

Recently I added the bug squish mod to my site, adding 2 small squishy like balls to the inside of your Fleshlight case is a good idea, just goto freeishows.com/mod16.html and see for yourself.

Bolt_Head

New tip: Try using the Fleshlight with a partner of course. Things you can do is have him/her use it own you, the holder can put the FL in between his/her legs and you can have fun dipping into your partner and the FL.

I just got my 1st FleshLight so thanks for all the tips!

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Flesh View Post
    Tip: Place a cotton ball at the end of the insert to soak up any extra lube that may drip out when flying and reduce the whistling sound the case makes.
    Nice one!, I live with flatmates and the walls are paper thin!
    The lotus is worst for noise and so I only use that when no one else is in, it can make a popping noise when you pull out!

It would be nice if there was some TV program/film on that made similar noises to hide it.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by giakotr5 View Post
    The lotus is worst for noise and so I only use that when no one else is in, it can make a popping noise when you pull out!

It would be nice if there was some TV program/film on that made similar noises to hide it.
    Well, when out and around them get into the "bad" habit of sticking your finger in your mouth and popping it out to make that noise......Once they become irritated with your antics, and you stop, they'll assume when they hear it from your room it's you just popping your cheek in private

K2

Bolt_Head

Quote Originally Posted by giakotr5 View Post

I just read the tip on using a cotton ball to absorb lube... Brilliant idea!

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Head View Post
    I just read the tip on using a cotton ball to absorb lube... Brilliant idea!
    Yup. Someone here on the boards told me about it a long time ago, I forget who it was. So I give credit to that person.

Bolt_Head

I will be writing an article on Death Grip Syndrome today, the page I use will not have any ads or affiliate links on i and I'd appreciate it if you would use the article/page I will be making soon instead of a certain other link that some how got slipped into the forum under my nose..(please don't post that link).

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by K2-Kelly View Post
    Well, when out and around them get into the "bad" habit of sticking your finger in your mouth and popping it out to make that noise......Once they become irritated with your antics, and you stop, they'll assume when they hear it from your room it's you just popping your cheek in private

K2
    I can't see that working, they will just think I'm reminiscing on my last noisy wank!
    Perphaps I should invest in sound insulation in my house instead. Better yet, I'll kick the buggers out.

FLight Attendant

I joined just to give this one tip because I haven't seen it anywhere else. Try using regular old conditioner for lube. I tried this once when I was out of proper lube and wouldn't be able to get any for over a week, so I figured why not. I haven't used anything but conditioner since. It has not caused the insert to deteriorate at all and stays wet for a very long time. Even on extended flights I haven't needed to reapply. the other obvious advantages are its cheap, you get a whole lot of it, it smells nice, and its inconspicuous. A different bonus which is unique for my position is I have the Alien model and my conditioner is a light shade of blue, which goes together nicely.

Airport Security

Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I joined just to give this one tip because I haven't seen it anywhere else. Try using regular old conditioner for lube. I tried this once when I was out of proper lube and wouldn't be able to get any for over a week, so I figured why not. I haven't used anything but conditioner since. It has not caused the insert to deteriorate at all and stays wet for a very long time. Even on extended flights I haven't needed to reapply. the other obvious advantages are its cheap, you get a whole lot of it, it smells nice, and its inconspicuous. A different bonus which is unique for my position is I have the Alien model and my conditioner is a light shade of blue, which goes together nicely.
    Hi everybody,

We actually do not recommend that people use conditioners as lubricants. A lot of conditioners (though probably not all of them) contain ingredients that could damage your Fleshlight. In addition, having something scented like that can cause irritation to your urethra (pee hole) with prolonged exposure. You could get a yeast infection or just general irritation. Thanks!

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLIFE View Post
    Hi everybody,

We actually do not recommend that people use conditioners as lubricants. A lot of conditioners (though probably not all of them) contain ingredients that could damage your Fleshlight. In addition, having something scented like that can cause irritation to your urethra (pee hole) with prolonged exposure. You could get a yeast infection or just general irritation. Thanks!
    Yeah, I learned this as a young lad in the shower with too much time on my hands. It may feel great and cause your penis to be silky and smooth (Billy Madison comes to mind), but can cause irritation...might as well just use lube.