Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    Bolt_Head

Default How to make home made lube with Xanthan gum

So i've made a few batches of this stuff before, here is how I did that:

Needed: 1-2 Cups of water (reduce measurements by one half if using 1 cup of water, these instructions are based on 2 cups),

I recommend running the water thru a coffee maker using 3 filters, this warms and helps purify your lube mixture.

Xanthan Gum - Can be bought online.

Additional ingredients not required but help a lot:

Thick jelly lube, stirred into mixture to add thickness if needed.

4 Glycerin tabs melted into a small amount of water (can be found as a laxative aid at your local stores [makes lube last longer])

2-6 (add more or less depending on the texture of lube desired) Table spoons of 100% purified Aloe Vera (helps add slickness to your lube and is safe on your FL)

2-4 teaspoons of sugar --- if you warm your lubes up this helps warm it faster and keep it warmer for longer.

1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum is added to 2 cups of luke warm water, stir well until all clumps have dissolved into your mixture, from here you can add additional stuff mentioned above.

You can store the lube in a plastic pop bottle, poke a small hole in the cap and squeeze the bottle when lube is needed.
    Last edited by Bolt_Head; 03-15-2009 at 03:40 PM.

FLight Captain

Default Re: How to make home made lube with Xanthan gum

how much Glycerin should be used for the 2 cups of water if the Glycerin is in liquid form?
    Im hoping to make a batch tonight =P

Bolt_Head

Hmmmm good question.. I would follow the recepie as normal, but when adding the glycerin start with a teaspoon and stir it in until you're satisfied with the consistency of the mixture. Everything but the Xantahn gum is *optional*.

FLight Captain

k, ty bolt =) i have just made my first batch =P with 24 tsps of hot water (if im right thats 4oz)... so i made a small batch, lets see how it works =)

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by dontbothermeimFLying View Post
    how much Glycerin should be used for the 2 cups of water if the Glycerin is in liquid form?
    Im hoping to make a batch tonight =P
    I use 2 oz. of glycerin to a 8 oz. mix and put the glycerin first then add the powder , mix it good and then add the water to it . You can go with less glycerin if you wont , but I like the 2 oz. glycerin to it , makes it slipperier.

FLight Captain

i ended up going with like 2-3 tsps... which is about 1/2 oz... i think