Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Lube for a Year?

Hiya, quick question.

Would the 'Lube for a Year' offer really last you a year?

Obviously it would depend how often you'd use it, so how much or how little would you have to use it to last for a year?

And while I'm asking about lube, ID glide is the only thing I've ever used for a fleshligh, is there anything else anyone would recommend to use over ID Glide?

Thanks.

FLight Captain

Default Re: Lube for a Year?

i personally would recommend the ID pleasure for inserts like the WW or vort, and Wet Orig or ID Glide for the SB or SR... but to each his own... have yet to try Wet Light from my lube for a year pack... only one i dont recommend is astroglide...

as for how much you would have to use for it to last a year, ya it does depend on how often and how much of it you use... so im not sure, id have to do the math of how much is in the bottles divided by how much you use in anormal session divided by how many times in a year you use it

FLight Captain

It all depends on how much you use each time and how often,
    I don't know how much is in the lube for a year pack, but I bought a 17oz
    pump bottle of ID and it's a few years old and there is still a quarter bottle left!!
    I've also used other lubes in between. I don't use much with each flight, only two pumps.
    ID is good especially when mixed with just a bit of water. I've also used Astroglide and didn't like it as much.
    I just bought a bottle of something new called JO, it was on sale in a sex shop
    and the young woman behind the counter said that was the best lube in the store.
    I've tried it and it's very much like ID. Haven't done a side by side comparison yet.

FLight First Officer

There has got to be someone on these forums that has had the lube for a year deal for over a year. Maybe they can tell us how well it lasted plus tell us how often they used the lube and how much they used.

FLight Captain

I just went on the FL site, the lube for a year is 29 oz total for the three bottles,
    if my current bottle of 17oz lasts 3 years,
    29oz will last 5.1 years if I continue to use it with the same frequency and quantity.
    I do use it sparingly, because I don't like a lot of lube, I wanna feel friction.

So that's a lot of lube, it should last the average forum member at least a year, if not longer.
    Last edited by Betwell; 05-17-2009 at 04:42 PM.

FLight Attendant

17oz lasts a year?

How often do you use it though? I'd say I use mine about once a week....when I have lube of course.

FLight Attendant

I recommend Gun oil. kthxbai.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Betwell View Post
    I just went on the FL site, the lube for a year is 29 oz total for the three bottles,
    if my current bottle of 17oz lasts 3 years,
    29oz will last 5.1 years if I continue to use it with the same frequency and quantity.
    I do use it sparingly, because I don't like a lot of lube, I wanna feel friction.

So that's a lot of lube, it should last the average forum member at least a year, if not longer.
    Not with me it wouldn't . I use the lub. You sure most not use much to last like that .

FLight Captain

I got the lube 4 a year deal in April '08 and I have used only one bottle.

3 Factors:

1) I use only enough to do what I need.
    2) I don't J/O but once a day or 2
    3) I bought a bottle of Gun Oil H2O around February I think and haven't used the other lube since.

With all of these factors, I have used 2/3 of the Wet Light and none of the other 2.

I love Gun Oil H2O and the others have been put into "back-up" status.
    Last edited by steve-000; 05-18-2009 at 05:07 AM.

FLight Captain

steve-000, that sounds realistic, the lube 4 a year should last most Fleshlight users well over one year, unless they're chronic masturbators.

FLight Captain

Basic Xanthan Gum Lube Recipe

1. Place 2 ounces warm water in glass

2. Add 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum powder

3. Mix with electric hand blender

Store in plastic squeeze bottle in refrigerator or add a few drops grape seed extract or citric acid to preserve.

Xanthan Gum powder available from health food store as "Bobs Red Mill" or "Now" brands.

Cost is more economical than any other lube on the market and superior to any other lube on the market.

Enjoy

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by TantraMagnet View Post

Store in plastic squeeze bottle in refrigerator or add a few drops grape seed extract or citric acid to preserve.

Xanthan Gum powder available from health food store as "Bobs Red Mill" or "Now" brands.

Cost is more economical than any other lube on the market and superior to any other lube on the market.

Enjoy
    hello,

i tired the whole Xanthan Gum powder and i don't think it's all that great. yes i do agree it's really easy to make and you save a lot of money. but for the most part it's not sitcky. i like my lube to be a little on the sticky side. i'm sure you can add an ingrediant to make it sticky.

i have tired a lot of lube and gun oil h2o is my fav.

thanks,

cr

FLight Attendant

I tried the xanthan gum, and still have most of a 6 oz bottle of the powder. I'd probably use it more if I had some kind of preservative to add to it, but using it straight seems like too much of a risk of something nasty growing in it.

As for GSE, the jury is out as to whether it works as a preservative at all, or it's just the paraben in the GSE from the manufacturing process.

Now the Lube for a Year, I have 1/3 of that package, a 9.5 oz ID Pleasure. I've had it for over a month and have used maybe 1/10 of the bottle, so I'd guess that it would easily last a year with 3 bottles./
    Last edited by Kador; 05-20-2009 at 02:34 PM.

FLight Navigator

ok dumb question but are there any problems with any brands of lubes going "bad" or losing their slickness if you have it for a long time, or does it last forever? Should it be stored in the refridgerator?

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by dontbothermeimFLying View Post
    i personally would recommend the ID pleasure for inserts like the WW or vort, and Wet Orig or ID Glide for the SB or SR... but to each his own... have yet to try Wet Light from my lube for a year pack... only one i dont recommend is astroglide...

as for how much you would have to use for it to last a year, ya it does depend on how often and how much of it you use... so im not sure, id have to do the math of how much is in the bottles divided by how much you use in anormal session divided by how many times in a year you use it
    I'm curious why you prefer the ID Pleasure for the WW. Is it better than Gun Oil or Fleshlube? I'm thinking of buying a WW and the 3 pack of Fleshlube is intriguing, I wonder if the Fire and Ice varieties add pleasure well when used with the WW

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by TantraMagnet View Post

Enjoy
    True that

I bought a 8oz container when I first started flying and I bet I still have 6oz left and that's after 3 years of flying around once a day