Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Navigator

Exclamation -The Fleshlight tips thread-

Let's make an up-to-date fleshlight tips thread! Post your best tips.

=Realism=
    -Warm up your fleshlight before using it, but be careful to not use too hot water, because it may deform your insert
    -The right lube: There are many different lubes out there, some feel more slick, some more gooey, some can warm up on skin contact - my favorite is self-made Xanthan Lube: Just water and very little Xanthan powder, after 1 day in the fridge, the powder has dissolved and the lube is ready to use. This lube is perishable, so store in the fridge. New one should be made every week, but considering the little powder you need this is the absolute cheapest method for unlimited lube. My 3,20€ box with 50g Xanthan is used up by maybe 10% after YEARS.
    -The right insert: There are many different textures and inserts to choose from - here are the top contenders among the community:
    --Realistic: WonderWave, Lotus, Original
    --Intense: Super Ribbed, STU, Vortex, Ultra-Tight
    (i hope i got them right)

=Safety & Fleshlight-care=
    -Use water-based lubes ONLY. Anything else will slowly destroy your precious insert over time, this most likely includes crazy stuff like hair conditioner or toothpaste.
    -Always clean your Fleshlight with water ONLY after use. Use cold water, because hot water can boil the protein in your sperm, which will stick to the insert!
    -Use alcohol only when it's really necessary, for example to fight mold.
    -To prevent mold in the first place, always shake out as much water as you can after cleaning and put your insert somewhere ventilated. I put mines on a towel out of the case, not rolled up.
    -Should the catastrophe happen and you forget to clean out your fleshlight, you may find a sticky, smelly, yellow-ish insert after a day. But not all hope is lost, it happened to me once and a user gave me an insert-saving tip: Up to 1 or 2 days after the accident, you can save your insert by putting it into a box filled with normal-temperature water for 3 days. Switch the water every day. It has saved my WonderWave.

The bold ones are tips which i find especially useful, so go on and post yours!

FLight Captain

Default Re: -The Fleshlight tips thread-

cool avatar

FLight Navigator

ty ^^

=Fleshlight-care=
    -Even though ILF recommends corn starch, I do recommend you Talcum Powder. It's easier to wash off, not so messy, and since it's a mineralic product, it isn't subject to mold or anything similiar. The cornstarch on new FLs is really hard to wash off properly, and the first session with a new FL is pretty messy. I just don't like it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FLighter View Post
    ty ^^

=Fleshlight-care=
    -Even though ILF recommends corn starch, I do recommend you Talcum Powder. It's easier to wash off, not so messy, and since it's a mineralic product, it isn't subject to mold or anything similiar. The cornstarch on new FLs is really hard to wash off properly, and the first session with a new FL is pretty messy. I just don't like it.
    As talc presents health concerns, we recommend to only use corn starch.

"Talc is closely related to the potent carcinogen asbestos. Talc particles have been shown to cause tumors in the ovaries and lungs of cancer victims. For the last 30 years, scientists have closely scrutinized talc particles and found dangerous similarities to asbestos. Responding to this evidence in 1973, the FDA drafted a resolution that would limit the amount of asbestos-like fibers in cosmetic grade talc. However, no ruling has ever been made and today, cosmetic grade talc remains non-regulated by the federal government. Cornstarch, on the other hand, has never demonstrated a potential toxicity" -retrieved from online sources

If you decide to use corn starch, be sure to completely remove corn starch before use.
    Fleshlight Daniel
    The #1 Selling Sex Toy in the World!

FLight Navigator

OK I can see why you recommend corn starch now, but I find it's a different matter if you use talcum on your toy or on your face, because inhaling artificial stuff is never a good idea. I'd say that exhaust fumes in town are more carcinogen than that =/
    Or do you have any studies on talc that say it's <highly> carcinogen? What isn't carcinogen today?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FLighter View Post
    OK I can see why you recommend corn starch now, but I find it's a different matter if you use talcum on your toy or on your face, because inhaling artificial stuff is never a good idea. I'd say that exhaust fumes in town are more carcinogen than that =/
    Or do you have any studies on talc that say it's <highly> carcinogen? What isn't carcinogen today?

"Talc is a carcinogen, with or without the presence of asbestos-like fibers. In 1993, the National Toxicology Program published a study on the toxicity of non-asbestiform talc and found clear evidence of carcinogenic activity
    " I'm not for sure if it compares to exhaust fumes, though...

On another site that did studies on the risks of talcum powder and cancer, it states: "it is impossible to say to what extend talc use had contributed to these cases. Until additional information is available about the safety of talc use, people who use powder may wish to consider avoiding these products or substituting cornstarch-based powders that contain no talc. There is no evidence at present linking cornstarch powders with any form of cancer."
    Fleshlight Daniel
    The #1 Selling Sex Toy in the World!