Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Navigator

Default Lube in the urethra

The last couple of times that I've used my UT I've actually felt lube getting inside my urethra. It stings a bit but isn't too bad. The canal of the sleeve is just so narrow that some of the lube is pushed inside there. Has anyone else experienced this? And do you think this can be harmful? I always take a piss after a FLight but still... Maybe some bacteria can get inside with the lube. What do you think?

FLight Navigator

Default Re: Lube in the urethra

Sure it could be harmful, but you do the right thing by peeing afterward, which you should always do to help get rid of bacteria that might have entered you. Also it depends on the type of lube you used, I always use ID glide since its doctor recommended.

FLight Navigator

Thanks for your answer. Why is ID Glide recommended by doctors? I use Gun Oil. Do you think there is a risk of infection even if you do piss afterwards every time?

FLight Navigator

There's a reason urinary tract infections from sex are really a woman's issue. The male urethra is so long that you don't have anything to worry about. Plus, I doubt the lube would cause infection to anyone anyways.

FLight Navigator

"ID Glide is as gentle and pure as your body's own natural lubrication. Containing only the purest essential ingredients." I guess it doesn't have any other additives that are used to make the lube last longer, have a fragrance, or sensation. So maybe there's noting in the formula that could lead to an infection. There have been a couple of times where I fell asleep afterwards w/o peeing and was fine, but I didn't feel anything go up my urethra either. Its just better to be safe then sorry, so pee after every time you have sex or use your fleshlight.

FLight First Officer

I also use Gun Oil and I have no problems.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by winter View Post
    The last couple of times that I've used my UT I've actually felt lube getting inside my urethra. It stings a bit but isn't too bad. The canal of the sleeve is just so narrow that some of the lube is pushed inside there. Has anyone else experienced this? And do you think this can be harmful? I always take a piss after a FLight but still... Maybe some bacteria can get inside with the lube. What do you think?
    The chance of some bacteria coming into contact with lube, entering your urethra, being infected, and still being around after you ejaculate is small to none to begin with. Then you have to assume that you get an infection from this as well. That is a lot of IFs. As Samuel L. Jackson put it: " I don't wanna hear about no motherfuckin' ifs"

Let's be clear here, unless your Fleshlight is seriously infected with molds and other growths, you're not going to get an infection.

If you still are concerned, then just soak the entire Fleshlight in isopropyl alcohol. This will kill anything that's growing and you won't have to worry about it the future.

FLight Captain

Wet has always done me right

FLight Attendant

It's happened to me once or twice. The "warming sensation" being more like a "burning sensation" is why I don't overdo it on lube.

FLight First Officer

I don't think it will harm your dick unless your fleshlight is infected by Cordyceps fungus..lol

FLight Captain

Thanks for your answer. Why is ID Glide recommended by doctors? I use Gun Oil. Do you think there is a risk of infection even if you do piss afterwards every time?
    Because of the pH levels of urine, it could kill the bacteria but it will definitely flush them out. A good strong 10-20 second pee should push anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    There's a reason urinary tract infections from sex are really a woman's issue. The male urethra is so long that you don't have anything to worry about. Plus, I doubt the lube would cause infection to anyone anyways.
    Most lubes will act as a good growth medium for bacteria if kept in light or warm temperatures, that's why when you are in an institution the lube is in gold or silver single use packets and are often kept cold. If the bacteria makes it into the bottle and has been given a chance to grow you'll know in a matter of days by a strange sour odor coming from the lube. I know this is going to sound weird but be sure to always sniff a lube you haven't used in a while, it might have gotten some extra friends growing in it.
    The main reason that UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) are such a problem for women is a combination of shorter urethra and closer proximity to the anus.

FLight Attendant

The nice warming sensation is amazing IMO.

FLight Attendant

Already some good advice here, but I'd like to add that if the canal is so tight, have you tried opening the cap more to easy off on the suction? You might be getting a bit of "blow back" on the down stroke.

Also if you are afraid of any infections, on top of keeping your FL clean and dry, run a little alcohol through it AND lightly swab your penis with some as well a short time before flying.

FLight Captain

Want a good source of bacteria and possible infection? Bareback with a person who has not cleaned quite ood enough.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by wormspit View Post
    Also if you are afraid of any infections, on top of keeping your FL clean and dry, run a little alcohol through it AND lightly swab your penis with some as well a short time before flying.
    This isn't advice I would recommend. There is no need to swab your cock with alcohol. Just clean your Fleshlight with it, rinse out with water, and then let dry. No need to get extreme.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by orlandot94 View Post
    This isn't advice I would recommend. There is no need to swab your cock with alcohol. Just clean your Fleshlight with it, rinse out with water, and then let dry. No need to get extreme.
    Hey. At least I didn't tell him to then set it on fire.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by wormspit View Post
    Already some good advice here, but I'd like to add that if the canal is so tight, have you tried opening the cap more to easy off on the suction? You might be getting a bit of "blow back" on the down stroke.
    I never have the end cap on when I FLy. But this is the UT, it's supposed to be very tight. In fact, it just took me 4 or 5 FLights to tear it. It's still good to use with the tear but I think that excess lube might collect there and cause the problem I described. I didn't feel any lube getting inside me when using it prior to the tear, anyway.

It's not like I'm really worried about infections (I've used FLs for a long time without any problems) but I still don't really like the idea of getting lube in the urethra. I mean, if I pull out and squeeze the head of my member lube actually oozes out, lol. I'd rather think of that opening as "exit only".

FLight Navigator

I mean, if I pull out and squeeze the head of my member lube actually oozes out, lol. I'd rather think of that opening as "exit only".
    You sure it's not pre-cum? lol... I seriously doubt THAT much lube is finding its way up the urethra.

FLight Navigator

No, I'm serious. There might be some pre-cum mixed with it of course but most of it is lube.