Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.

Thread: Aneros safety?

FLight Navigator

Default Aneros safety?

Who here uses an aneros? I'd like to know how safe is it. I read that prostate massages when using too much force can cause damage or even be lethal. That's not really a turn on. And what's this talk about activating your prostate? Does this mean if you use the aneros then you can prepare to get an orgasm every time you fart or get a bowel movement or ride a bike? That would definitely suck.
    And when you have this thing up your ass can you move around normal and walk or sit down or will this tear apart your ass?

FLight Captain

Default Re: Aneros safety?

I have the Aneros and I would say it is one of the safest anal toys available. First of all, it is smaller than you would imagine. Second, their isn't much curve to it. It is fairly straight, so it doesn't push too hard into your prostate.

The 'activating' or 'awakening' your prostate refers the to act of training yourself to have an orgasm from prostate stimulation alone. This is done by massaging it, which is what the Aneros does. Part of this process involves training the anal sphincter to cause the Aneros to move and stimulate the prostate. You won't have an orgasm every time you fart or anything like that.

You can definitely move around with it in you, that's not a problem. Why you would want to is another question. Generally you use it in a single sesion, lying on the bed over the course of an hour or two.

I've been using the Aneros since before I bought a Fleshlight and it is a wonderful little toy. I have never experienced the 'super orgasm' or anything like that, but I can attest to it increasing the sensation and pleasure during orgasm. Typically I will use it by itself for an hour or so, and then get out a Fleshlight and use them together for some real strong sensations. For that alone, I would recommend purchasing it and giving it a shot.

FLight First Officer

Agree with orlandot94.

The Aneros is pretty safe provided you use it correctly (lubing it properly and only using your anal sphincter to move the Aneros). Using it at the same time that a FL gives a hell of an orgasm!

Banned

The first time you use an anal toy, were you able to put the aneros all the way in?

FLight First Officer

Proper lubrication and gentle use make it safe.

It took me several minutes to relax and insert an anal toy in my first try. Once you lubricate well, relax and get passed anal muscles, it just slides in and stays there (if designed to, like aneros).

Be cautious and smart, anus is really sensitive and can be damaged easily. But anal play is safe and fun if done properly.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by cal2 View Post
    ... Does this mean if you use the aneros then you can prepare to get an orgasm every time you fart or get a bowel movement or ride a bike? That would definitely suck....
    DAMN, what are you talking about? That would ROCK!!! I would eat beans everyday so I could have multiple orgasms every night!!!

Seriously though, I am thinking about getting something like this, so the replies are helpful.

I have had some big dildos way up my ass, but never a dedicated prostate toy. I'm skeptical about the super orgasm stuff.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by fireproof69 View Post
    DAMN, what are you talking about? That would ROCK!!! I would eat beans everyday so I could have multiple orgasms every night!!!

Seriously though, I am thinking about getting something like this, so the replies are helpful.

I have had some big dildos way up my ass, but never a dedicated prostate toy. I'm skeptical about the super orgasm stuff.
    The 'super orgasm' I believe is possible. I have never had one myself, but I have experienced the pleasure the toy produces and I can say it is the best pleasure I have ever felt. Once the toy starts massaging your prostate, it really does feel like you are cumming. You look down and think you are, but you aren't. What happens is this creates a positive feedback loop. The pleasure from the toy causes you to get hard and feel like you are cumming, this causes your anal sphincter to contract, which in turn moves the toy and stimulates the prostate more, creating, more pleasure. This creates a continuing loop of pleasure, which just gets more and more intense, culminating in a 'super orgasm.'

I haven't used my Aneros in far too long, due to the time and concentration it takes to use, but I am meaning to get back to it.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by orlandot94 View Post
    ... The pleasure from the toy causes you to get hard ...
    When I've used dildos in my ass before, it was almost impossible for me to get hard at the same time.

I actually ejaculated with it totally limp once. I was stroking it trying to get it hard while the dildo was inside me, and climaxed before it stiffened up any at all.

The last time I got erect first and entered my FL, then inserted the dildo. But that thing was a sizable dildo.

FLight Navigator

I have a couple of Aneros toys that I use about once a week. They are great toys and I highly recommend getting one. I have "super O's" virtually every time, usually within about 5 minutes, but your mileage may vary. I often end my session with a JO or even the FL, and the orgasms you get are incredible. The Aneros web site has an active forum that has a lot of good information.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Time4aFLy View Post
    The first time you use an anal toy, were you able to put the aneros all the way in?
    It's not really a "the first time is the most difficult" type toy. Once you get the larger part inside you, it's almost like there's nothing at the opening. Yes, the large part is inside and pressing near/at the prostate, but there's not a constant "stretching" of the anus, like there would be using a dildo. I've never used a dildo, so I can't comment much more than this. But, the aneros is a great toy.

FLight Navigator

Well I suppose using aneros is good for your prostate health and I use it altogether with the FL sometimes
    At least it is safer than using cock pump or cock ring combination which can be harmful to your penis internals.
    Cmiiw

FLight Navigator

I don't know but I think this is too risky for me. If I used such a tool and afterwards had some pain or then I'd be totally worried
    and at the same time who would want to go to a doc and tell him that you used a prostate massager? That would be totally awkward. I could easily imagine that having some discomfort or pain after PM happens often and then you wouldn't know if it's normal or probably totally serious. One also can't run to the doc after every prostate massage to get an ultrasound or a CT lol.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/aq8lk9fdvbdlfh1h/

We report a case in which a regular prostate massage (chronic prostatitis) turned into a life-threatening event. After the prostate had been massaged, an enormous periprostatic hemorrhage developed. During hospitalization the patient developed an embolic insult to the lungs. To our knowledge no other cases have been published.
    This report shows the potentially serious consequences, and we conclude that any pain after prostate massage needs further diagnostic steps (ultrasound, CT scan).

FLight First Officer

Tere is no need for you to be worried...I have Aneros mgx. An I never had any problems with prostate massage...
    They have forum also so you can read some reviews and see other people experience...
    here you are : http://www.aneros.com/forum/forum.php

FLight Captain

I don't know but I think this is too risky for me. If I used such a tool and afterwards had some pain or then I'd be totally worried
    and at the same time who would want to go to a doc and tell him that you used a prostate massager? That would be totally awkward. I could easily imagine that having some discomfort or pain after PM happens often and then you wouldn't know if it's normal or probably totally serious. One also can't run to the doc after every prostate massage to get an ultrasound or a CT lol.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/aq8lk9fdvbdlfh1h/

We report a case in which a regular prostate massage (chronic prostatitis) turned into a life-threatening event. After the prostate had been massaged, an enormous periprostatic hemorrhage developed. During hospitalization the patient developed an embolic insult to the lungs. To our knowledge no other cases have been published.
    This report shows the potentially serious consequences, and we conclude that any pain after prostate massage needs further diagnostic steps (ultrasound, CT scan).
    There is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start. The Aneros was designed by a doctor for a medical purpose that originally had nothing to do with orgasms. It was only after the fact that they discovered it could deliver a fantastic orgasm as well.

Second, you quote a case, where no details of the prostate massage are given. You don't know how rough this person or to do what degree they were massaging. You can make no claim about the Aneros based on this incident. I would also point out that this risk, should it turn out to be a legitimate concern, would be so insignificant that you shouldn't worry about it. Thousands of people die from choking on food every year, but you probably don't worry about that every time you eat.

There is nothing to suggest that if 'any' pain occurs you *must* get a CT scan. That is beyond unbelievable and medically makes no sense to me.

Finally, the joking about going to a doctor about a prostate massage just shows how immature you are. The fact that a doctor prescribed this device for patients who were suffering from Prostatitis in the first place, shows just how misinformed you are about its design, purpose, safety, and then discovery as a tool for pleasure.

FLight Navigator

But getting an aneros just for fun without medical reason is kinda gay. My doc would think I'm weird. I couldnt tell him that I stick stuff up my ass.

FLight Attendant

But getting an aneros just for fun without medical reason is kinda gay. My doc would think I'm weird. I couldnt tell him that I stick stuff up my ass.
    You should learn to get over the "juvenile" stereotypes and prejudices that some people may have. They do nothing but limit your own experiences.

FLight First Officer

Dude..If you want to do it then do it !!! It is safe and it is not weird..and if it is weird if you like it then you don't need to worry what would your doctor say...

FLight Navigator

But is it worth it? I think I would feel pretty ashamed if I sticked something up my butt. Is it really that good? Do you really get super strong erections this way or is this all marketing hype? And do you have to by lying when it's in what happens if you get up and walk around will it tear apart your ass?

FLight Navigator

LOl i also don't know what to expect but yes I just purhased my aneros MGX and also wondering now what would be the long term effects in using aneros for daily use ?
    Is there any best practice to follow or personal testimony perhaps ?

FLight Navigator

Its all here dude....

http://www.aneros.com/forum/f7/

FLight Navigator

@ John Henry

Already used it? Tell us your experience.

FLight First Officer

My biggest concern is prep time and sanitation. If you have to enema your ass every time you want to use the damn thing just so you don't get shit all over the bed then it would ruin any benefits IMO.

FLight Navigator

Yes that sucks. I dont want to use enemas or have to buy them. This is totally awkward.

FLight Attendant

Yes that sucks. I dont want to use enemas or have to buy them. This is totally awkward.
    I bought an aneros and received it two days ago. I don't find that I ever need enemas, and I don't pull out the MGX to find it covered in shit. If you eat well, and use the bathroom for your business beforehand, you will not find a need for an enema.

So far, the results have been great. Upon insertion I get waves of pleasure. Erections seem harder and I feel more sexually aroused if I am in the mood for sex. If I masturbate into a sleeve, the orgasm seems to be multiplied ten-fold, to the point where I am exhausted by the pleasure immediately after.

It feels really good, and I've heard that the more you keep at it, the better it will be. I'm still trying to have those amazing "Super-Os" that people talk about. You know, those full-body orgasms that last for minutes multiple times in a session that do not include a penile orgasm. Some say that they would forgo their ability to have penile orgasms for prostate orgasms. According to them, it is just that much better.
    Last edited by ncide; 04-03-2011 at 11:48 AM.

FLight Navigator

Come on guys...just go to the Aneros forums and read up....

Some guys like enemas......some guys don't....its a constant debate....

FLight Navigator

@ ncide

did you go through the whole routine of inserting it and then breathing for 20 minutes and so on? and do you jack off while using it? i read that if you want the super Os then you must not touch the penor at all and only focus on the ass muscles.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonwonder View Post
    Come on guys...just go to the Aneros forums and read up....

Some guys like enemas......some guys don't....its a constant debate....
    It's not about liking or disliking enemas, it's about how much effort I have to put in before and after using the Aneros. I'll be honest, sometimes I don't clean a FL until 24 hours after I use it and go to bed with lube in my underwear until the morning. No matter how you slice it, that Aneros will need clean up right after you use it.

Also, I have been reading those forums and there is a general consensus that there is a possible health concern in choosing what lube to use day after day without long term negative health effects.

FLight Navigator

@ listerine

What do you mean with health concern about lube? You mean lube in general or lube for the ass? I also thought about anal lube because the membranes in the ass definitely absorb stuff and this means that whatever's in the lube gets absorbed in the body!

FLight Attendant

@ ncide

did you go through the whole routine of inserting it and then breathing for 20 minutes and so on? and do you jack off while using it? i read that if you want the super Os then you must not touch the penor at all and only focus on the ass muscles.
    No, I have left it in for a few hours on the first day, but I ultimately masturbated at the end of the session (and each session after that). It will take some time to get to where I won't need any penile stimulation.

FLight Navigator

You mean you walked around with it? Does it not hurt or feel uncomfortable when you have it in there? Or can you sit down with it or does it tear your ass apart?

FLight Attendant

You mean you walked around with it? Does it not hurt or feel uncomfortable when you have it in there? Or can you sit down with it or does it tear your ass apart?
    The aneros feels good inside. It doesn't feel like it hurts your sphincter muscles or other body parts at all, it just gives you pleasure. There's no stretching or tearing feeling with the device.

You can comfortably walk, crouch, lay down, what have you. Some people even sleep with it. The only thing you can't do (at least without cutting off the handle) is sit comfortably. You can sit on it comfortably if you have a cushion or you modify the handle by removing it.

The only thing that worries me are lubricants. As you said, whatever you put into your rectum has the potential to be absorbed by your body. This is why I stay away from silicon lubricants and petroleum-derived lubricants (vaseline). I am even careful with oil-based and water-based lubricants. Oil-based lubricants (some people use olive oil) increase the triglyceride count in your body (as with ingesting any fat) and water-based lubricants have preservatives like parabens which may mimic estrogen as well as have some other adverse risks.

I make my own water-based lubricants without any preservatives.

Although water-based lubricants need to be reapplied more often then the rest (since water is so readily absorbed by the digestive tract), I use a condom with my aneros. I lube up both the inside and outside of the condom once it is one the MGX and insert it. That way, even if the condom's outer layer is relatively dry, the aneros can still move around without discomfort.

FLight Attendant

@ ncide

You don't need to do any exercises with the unit. You can just put it in and jack off right away. You won't achieve a super-o this way, as it involves just the prostate and no penile stimulation whatsoever, but you will still have a great orgasm.

Also, don't take the instructions literally. They are more like a guide. I skipped over all of the guides and just did my own thing. It isn't very complicated. You just follow what you body finds pleasurable.
    Last edited by ncide; 04-04-2011 at 11:11 AM.

FLight Navigator

and what happens when after putting it in? do you have to do adjustments with the front handle? and how annoying is this pressure things which presses on the region between ass and balls? doesn't this become annoying or hurt after a while?

and how do you know if this thing really touches the prostate?

and when you have it in do you have to flex your ass muscles all the time in order to feel it?

as for the lube I think if olive oil did not have any negative side effects and could be used in the rectum which i dont know then i wouldnt worry about triglycerides. first of all olive oil is healthy when you buy extra virgine. i used to take 10gr olive oil every day simply to get some healthy omega 9 fatty acids and also when you use it as lube then it's not like you poor whole glasses of olive oil in your ass. i really think that triglycerides are the least problem.
    i also dont know if olive oil or oil in general is compatible with condoms. if the oil attacks the condom then it also wouldnt be good.

FLight First Officer

@ listerine

What do you mean with health concern about lube? ....... the membranes in the ass definitely absorb stuff and this means that whatever's in the lube gets absorbed in the body!
    ^ this. As you say, the rectum absorbs things so you have to be careful about what you use.

FLight First Officer

... i really think that triglycerides are the least problem...
    yeah, if I had a plastic plug stuck up my ass, my triglyceride count would be the last thing on my mind. haha

FLight Navigator

@ John Henry

Already used it? Tell us your experience.
    @Cal2: so far I've been using this Aneros MGX alone while watching porn, I feel that I always end up with the urge to lay some shit :-)
    I don't know why and somehow once the thing already inside me, I don't feel comfortable but I do like to push it in and out instead ?

I'm using it with condom and water based lube.

maybe this MGX is too big for me.

FLight Captain

For the first post, yes it safe, and no it isnt made to make u ready for an orgasm when you have to fart or go take a shit.

This is something you will need to get past if you want one, the idea that its 'gay'. I am a straight male and i can tell you its not.

But is it worth it? I think I would feel pretty ashamed if I sticked something up my butt. Is it really that good? Do you really get super strong erections this way or is this all marketing hype? And do you have to by lying when it's in what happens if you get up and walk around will it tear apart your ass?
    It really is that good, but as with the fleshlight, it has a break in period, so if you get one dont expect a wonderful time the first time, it will be a faster break in period if you become more comfortable with the idea of putting things inside of you. It makes me get really hard, so i would say it isnt hype. If you get up and walk a little its fine, it actually can feel good.

You dont have to use an enema, its just wat they suggest, so long as you take a nice crap like 15min before you use it you are fine, your body doesnt hold your shit that close to the anus until its time to let it out. Be sure to lube yourself and the toy though, try and push some in there is my advice, it feels better with more lube inside.

I have the helix and i really like it.

FLight Navigator

is it true that you get bigger erections than ever before when you use the aneros or is this a marketing gag?

and how is the aneros sealed? if i buy it somewhere will i be able to be absolutely sure that it's new and not used?

FLight Attendant

is it true that you get bigger erections than ever before when you use the aneros or is this a marketing gag?

and how is the aneros sealed? if i buy it somewhere will i be able to be absolutely sure that it's new and not used?
    The Aneros are sealed well, i.e., if you have opened it before, the packaging will show it. Furthermore, if one returns an Aneros device that has been opened, it's tabs (or handles) need to be cut off. There's no worry that it has been used before.

Once inserted into you, the Aneros device does make you more aroused which helps you get bigger erections. Since I am more aroused with it then when I am not, I can say that it does indeed help me have big erections. I don't know if it is "bigger than ever before" since that aspect of it is dependent on how horny I am.

FLight First Officer

You can expect stronger erections (and even longer lasting ones). In my experience, my penis doesn't look any longer while I am using the Aneros, but it feels harder, wider, and even heavier to the touch.

It comes shipped in a standard plastic case with clasps similar to the FL shipping cases. If you are worried about hygiene, just disinfect it with alcohol and wash it with antibacterial soap before using it (I do that anyway before each use).

Honestly, I can understand your worries, but the best way to know if you like something or not is simply doing it. I had similar concerns and decided to buy my MGX last November. The first time I tried it, the sensations were not spectacular, but the orgasm was - so I repeated the experience. With "regular" use (I use it maybe once every week), you will experience mind blowing orgasms about the fourth or fifth time, depending how well you adapt mentally to the fact that introducing something into your ass doesn't make you gay. It only makes you someone who is fully living his sexuality.

As my late grandfather used to say "Those are your holes, use them as you like..." That from a very heterosexual guy who had 8 kids.

FLight Navigator

I've had an Aneros for two or three years and I think they're great toys. I use mine more than my Fleshies. Highly recommended!

FLight Navigator

Hi guys,
    I was curious about anal play and bought a vibrating silver bullet. It looks like a silver egg only smaller. The vibrations were pretty strong and I put this thing in a condom and inserted it in my ass expecting really awesome sensations but I didn't really feel much at all. Why?
    I was more worried that this thing might disappear in my ass and that I wouldn't get it out anymore. This experience really wasn't worth it.
    Does this prove that I am not into anal play?

FLight Navigator

This experience really wasn't worth it.
    Does this prove that I am not into anal play?
    I don't have any particular qualms about anal play, but I also haven't found it to be all that its....err, cracked up to be (har). While I do experience some pleasurable sensations from using a dildo in my ass, those feelings are difficult to produce and they're not very strong. And no matter how I try to time things regarding eating and poos, I almost always end up with poo on the dildo that smells bad and is a real mood-killer. I really honestly want to try for a prostate orgasm, but despite many good-faith attempts and practice so far no joy.

So I would say give it time, experiment a lot, and if after a while it still doesn't float your boat then just move on. I tried and tried, and at this point I've shelved my anal toys for a rainy day. As in all things, YMMV.

FLight Attendant

Had an Aneros and gave it the good 'ol "college try", but just couldn't train myself to enoy it. I'm sure whoever found it in the recycleables probably wondered just what the hell it was! I don't care for anything IN my ass, (including the yearly physical at my doctor) but the feeling of a small vibe tucked up AGAINST my sphincter is incredible. I use the "G80" bullet vibe along with my modified WW ICE. Every kegel contraction, whether it's an intentional clenching on my part (early in my session) or the involuntary contractions (later in my session) pulls that powerful buzzer tight against the muscle ring. This cause the sensations to radiate deep inside and probably stimulate my prostate. Once the contractions of orgasm begin, it's ON! The result is excrutiatingly intense pleasure, accompanied by a much larger than average ejaculation. Very satisfying, and I highly recommend you try it.

FLight Navigator

Time to add this to my Sessions, Sounds good. I use fingers mainly but if I can focus on just Jerking without using fingers in my ass I'm down to use this thing.
    I lost the dildo I had, So This would be good to have around.

Thanks to everyone for writing about it.