Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Exclamation Using Guar Gum.. any side effects? Yeast?

Hey Guys,

So like some of you ive started using just Guar Gum and water for lube. Works great.. definitely way better then puting a bunch of toxic chemicals on your cock. My only concern is, after reading more about it, seems its composed of two sugars? Could this cause a yeast problem? Could getting this in the urethra cause yeast to overgrow or anything? OR am I just being paranoid. (WikiPedia: Guar Gum ("Chemically, guar gum is a polysaccharide composed of the sugars galactose and mannose.")

After use, I shower and clean myself off and pee so probably washing it off anyway.

Also the only other issue ive noticed is.. it seems to dry somewhat quickly, atleast on my penis, stays moist on the FL but if I take my dick out for a lil while it dries up pretty quickly any idea why this is happening?

FLight Attendant

Default Re: Using Guar Gum.. any side effects? Yeast?

Eh... seriously just buy lube cuz i think sugar is not good for the fleshlight.

FLight Navigator

lol. sugar is not good for your teeth. wont hurt the fleshlight tho. lol

FLight Attendant

umm thanks guys.. I was not talking about sugar hurting the fleshlight.. read my post. And no I will not use KY/Astro all those comercial lubes, they are filled with toxic chemicals, you can put that stuff on your dick if you want and let it absorb into your penis/body.. im okay without it thanks.

My question was, do you think putting a sugar on the penis is smart? Yeast feeds off of sugar, would this potentially create a habitat for yeast? I suppose if im washing it off after/peeing/ejaculating its not likely.

FLight Attendant

I've been using it for a while with no ill effects ... I believe (a Dr/Scientist could answer this better) that since Guar Gum isn't actually sugar, but is made of thigns that are parts of sugar, there isn't anythign there for Yeast to actually feed on. The Guar would need to be converted in some way into a simple sugar first.