Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
forum-alexistexas
angelwht

Thread: Suction Cap

FLight Attendant

Default Suction Cap

I bought the STU about 2 weeks ago and have a few questions about the rear screw cap. The first time I tried screwing the cap off, I thought I broke it, since it made a loud popping sound and came loose again. I figured it was ok, because it still screws on relatively tight; however, if I screw it as tight as possible, it comes loose again. In other words, it's never perfectly tight. Is this normal, or is mine defective? Also, when I'm FLying, the suction cap makes an annoying whistling sound as if air is escaping, and then lube inevitably escapes as well, oozing out from the seam between the case and suction cap. I'm almost tempted to tape the end cap, so nothing can escape. Do others here have the same experience?
    Last edited by Bumpyride11; 08-19-2011 at 08:28 PM.

FLight Captain

Default Re: Suction Cap

All end caps are like this. The threads don't have a tight tolerance on them and being plastic, don't exactly hold up to cranking them too tight.
    You can use tape (Blue painters tape works VERY well.) but expect to have some amazing suction.

FLight Captain

oh do you mean the blue painters tape like this?

FLight Navigator

It's normal, all the end caps on my cases do the same. If i remember correctly someone suggested placing a golf ball in the other end of the sleeve a while back as a way to add good suction.

FLight Captain

although I do own few cases and my gold STU screws on the worst I do have a few cases where the end cap is pretty solid and if I screw as tight as I can it doesn't pop past but most do.

FLight Attendant

I own two cases: a really old grey one, and a newer black one. Both end caps screw on tightly and are not that loose when unscrewed a little bit. Lucky me, i guess. However i stopped using te FL in it's case long long ago.

FLight Navigator
    Cameltoe Research Labs - Section D (IY) , Germany

I had found a soloution for this Probelm (then lube escapes as well out of the suction cap)
    I use to insert at the end of the case a half cutted sqaure of new paper handkerchief (Kitchenpaper/Toiletpapier works also)
    before i insert the sleeve so the Lube is stopped to escape. This also increase the sucction about 30-50%.
    My cap is not broken but i use to cover the half way of the gap between cap and case with tape to increase the sucction.
    This is exactly the limit where it makes no heavy sounds.
    (maybe you must try a bit for perfect result)

FLight Captain

sounds good pic would help I always have trouble reading directions its not you its me Im more of a visual person if its a problem though don't worry about it.

FLight Attendant

Most of the end-caps I have do not screw down completely. The Ice case seems to be the most air-tight out of the ones I own. I never use that much suction when I'm Flying though, but it does help during the heating process.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FLWanker View Post
    oh do you mean the blue painters tape like this?

Excellent example FLWanker. +K

FLight Attendant

Yeah, thanks for the example!

Good to know it's not just my rear end-cap.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshlight_Junkie View Post
    Excellent example FLWanker. +K
    Thanks FL Junkie