Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Deep lacerations insde my Fleshlight causing discomfort

I bought 3 Fleshlights a few weeks ago from an adult store. Twista, Lotus and Alien. I tried out Lotus and the twista and decided I would just keep using the Lotus and left the alien untouched as it was more of a rare collectable type.

Today I decided I would finally give the alien its first Flight but within the first strokes I knew right away something was not right. Everytime I entred it I felt an uncomfortable rough area painfully scratching at my glans. Not realizing what the problem was I just kept putting more lube inside but when the problem didn't resolve I decided to take a look inside. To my shock I saw a deep lacerations in the worst spot imaginable. It is right at the most narrow spot where the lotus texture turns into a small narrow circle so you get the full impact of the rough lacerations whilst passing through the tight area. I had to stop the Flight right away as there is no way I can continue using it in its current state.

Its definetly a factory error. I was so careful with my Fleshlight that even when removing the packaging plastis rod I went to great lengths by wrapping cling wrap around the edges of the plastic rod and then used lube on it before pulling out the rod slowly and carefully to avoid damaging my FL.

The lacerations appear like the area was shredded with something very sharp and left with deep cuts and there are bits of latex like metrial just peeling and hanging off the area. I obtained an original picture and drew over the section to try and resemble what the damage looks like, Its a difficult area to photograph but I will give it a try and post them later. So what do I do now? I am really worried if they dont replace it I will lose $140

[IMG][/IMG]

FLight First Officer

Default Re: Deep lacerations insde my Fleshlight causing discomfort

That sucks, but you should be asking the adult shop that sold it to you. Also, considering that this was an "open box" item, you have no grounds to chalk it up as a "factory error".

FLight Attendant

If the adult store did not tamper with it then its definetly a "factory error". I can't see any reason why the adult store would put deep cuts inside it and then place the rod back in. So your suggesting I contact the adult store for replacement rather than Fleshlight? If that is procedure than I wil do it that way I guess.

FLight Captain

This is indeed something you would have to consult with the retail store with.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoFleshlight View Post
    This is indeed something you would have to consult with the retail store with.
    Okay thanks for your advice. I just found the receit and it says on there:

"ClubX will exchange any faulty product for exactly the same product if returned within 14 days of purchase"

I made the purchase of 3 Fleshlights on the 21st of March. So it seems I'm outside of their 14 day policy. I am upset with myself that I didnt test out all 3 Fleshlights right away but I guess thats what happens when you get greedy and buy 3 you end up neglegting to use the others right away. *Fingers crossed* hopefully the store will still sort this out for me. I'l post back on the results once I contact them.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Funk View Post
    If the adult store did not tamper with it then its definetly a "factory error". I can't see any reason why the adult store would put deep cuts inside it and then place the rod back in. So your suggesting I contact the adult store for replacement rather than Fleshlight? If that is procedure than I wil do it that way I guess.
    There is a possibility that it is a factory error. However you already stated that the factory-sealed bag was broken when you bought it from the adult store. Why would you absolve them of any wrong-doing seeing as they were the party most likely responsible for the broken seal? You can ask ILF's customer service about your options for recourse, but I wouldn't be surprised if they told you that you must take it up with the adult store.

-e- Haha I'm slow. Doing too many things in other tabs.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    There is a possibility that it is a factory error. However you already stated that the factory-sealed bag was broken when you bought it from the adult store. Why would you absolve them of any wrong-doing seeing as they were the party most likely responsible for the broken seal? You can ask ILF's customer service about your options for recourse, but I wouldn't be surprised if they told you that you must take it up with the adult store.

-e- Haha I'm slow. Doing too many things in other tabs.
    Their entire stock of Fleshlights are kept outside of the tin containers which are displayed on the shelf whilst the Feshlights themselves are all kept in seperate sealed bags in their storage room at the back and all 3 of the purchases I made were in plastic bags however not all of them were defective.

When I made the post about my concerns it was because the alien Fleshlight had a torn plastic bag and you guys told me that none of the Fleshlights originally have "factory-sealed bags" which made me realize that the bags were part of the adults stores storage system, not Fleshlights. So therefore every Fleshlight in their posessions is equally comprimised as soon as its taken out of the tin, the alien one is no exception. That was the conclusion I arrived at after making my post based on the responses from you guys.

And I was concerned whether it may have been played with which is a much more likely scenario then anyone shredding and lacerating the inside texture, I doubt anyone would damage it and then put it back, what could they achive by doing that? It is a franchise adult store that is Australia wide. I can't see why anyone hoping to keep their job would cause that sort of obvious, detectable damage.
    Last edited by Funk; 04-13-2012 at 01:51 PM.

FLight First Officer

Their entire stock of Fleshlights are kept outside of the tin containers which are displayed on the shelf whilst the Feshlights themselves are all kept in seperate sealed bags in their storage room at the back and all 3 of the purchases I made were in plastic bags however not all of them were defective.

When I made the post about my concerns it was because the alien Fleshlight had a torn plastic bag and you guys told me that none of the Fleshlights originally have "factory-sealed bags" which made me realize that the bags were part of the adults stores storage system, not Fleshlights. So therefore every Fleshlight in their posessions is equally comprimised as soon as its taken out of the tin, the alien one is no exception.
    I don't have any experience with retail FL tins, but I assumed that they were packaged as a complete unit (sleeve inside a case, inside a sealed bag, inside a tin). I appear to be mistaken.

And I was concerned whether it may have been played with, not shredded, I doubt anyone would damage it and then put it back, what could they achive by doing that? It is a franchise adult store that is Australia wide. I can't see why anyone hoping to keep their job would cause that sort of damage.
    There's no reason to assume that someone intended to damage it. You yourself noted that the plastic shipping rod inside had some gnarly edges that concerned you. Maybe someone at the store was less careful about removing and then replacing it.
    Last edited by Lurker; 04-13-2012 at 01:57 PM.

FLight Attendant

I just got back from speaking with the manager of the store. I went in and showed him the damage. He responded saying it was outside of the 14 day period so he could not replace it. I tried explaining to him that I had not used the product until yesterday so it was impossible for me to know I had purchased a damaged Fleshlight however I noticed the problem instantly upon trying it out. He replied saying "oh you used it" as if it makes my concerns any less valid.

I told him how the plastic was opened when i purchased it from them and he said they take all the fleshlights out of the tins to avoid theft but they put them in plastic bags and then heat seal them and he insisted mine was still heat sealed which it was not.

He said he would talk to the head office but told me my chances of replacement did not look good. I am getting really upset now because I did not do anything wrong except to purchase the product and to wait until now to use it. Its not fair that I should lose money when I take prefectly good care of my purchases, I did not cause this damage , they sold it to me as a damaged product. Its either their fault or Fleshlights but why should I be the one to lose cash? Its totally useless in its current state. I am already considering going to "consumer affairs" and reporting it. But before I do i'm going to try contact Fleshlight , can someone please give me their contact email.

FLight Attendant

Please guys I am in need of some advice on how to handle this situation, what would you guys do if you were in my shoes ? It is a lot of money to lose if the store owner and FL turn their backs on me. I don't know what my rights are as a consumer when something like this happens. Please someone help me.

FLight Navigator

Please guys I am in need of some advice on how to handle this situation, what would you guys do if you were in my shoes ? It is a lot of money to lose if the store owner and FL turn their backs on me. I don't know what my rights are as a consumer when something like this happens. Please someone help me.
    Not to be an asshole but welcome to the real world. You're shit out of luck. There is usually no return policy for sex toys for the same reason they charge so much for piles of molded rubber.

Honestly the 14 day return policy is quite generous for a retailer.

The Alien is still being manufactured and isn't as rare as you may have thought, ...but seriously I don't understand not using a sex toy for the sake of "rarity" if you're not some really strange collector. ...or maybe some form of reseller.

If you would have bought from Fleshlight directly, they probably would have replaced your sleeve.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by flapple View Post
    Not to be an asshole but welcome to the real world. You're shit out of luck. There is usually no return policy for sex toys for the same reason they charge so much for piles of molded rubber.

Honestly the 14 day return policy is quite generous for a retailer.

The Alien is still being manufactured and isn't as rare as you may have thought, ...but seriously I don't understand not using a sex toy for the sake of "rarity" if you're not some really strange collector. ...or maybe some form of reseller.

If you would have bought from Fleshlight directly, they probably would have replaced your sleeve.

Oh so sex toys are one of those things that are allowed to be faulty, broken and damaged and you have no right to expect to get what you payed for because you decided to buy a sex toy?

Yes 14 day policy is very fair when you utilise the 14 day period but the 14 days was NON-EXISTENT for me because my item was sitting in storage unused during the 14 day period. So technically because I did not use the item at all during the 14 day period and I only took it out of storage 3 days ago for the first time then I am technically on day 3 and I still have 11 days left to return it.

And I don't understand how you don't understand why someone may want to keep a limited edition item well preserved. If any of my other Fleshlight get worn out I get always buy them back but if my Alien Fleshlight starts to degrade over time with use then I cant always buy it back when i want it as it will not be avaliable because its a "limited edition" product. What do you mean by "reseller' ? How do you resell a sex toy? Its not like you can put it on Ebay!

My living circumstances are not suitable for me to order items to my house where I live with my parents and neither do I have a credit card but I dont see why buying from a retail store should exclude me from having a faulty item replaced by its manufacturer.

FLight Navigator

Oh so sex toys are one of those things that are allowed to be faulty, broken and damaged and you have no right to expect to get what you payed for because you decided to buy a sex toy?

Yes 14 day policy is very fair when you utilise the 14 day period but the 14 days was NON-EXISTENT for me because my item was sitting in storage unused during the 14 day period. So technically because I did not use the item at all during the 14 day period and I only took it out of storage 3 days ago for the first time then I am technically on day 3 and I still have 11 days left to return it.

And I don't understand how you don't understand why someone may want to keep a limited edition item well preserved. If any of my other Fleshlight get worn out I get always buy them back but if my Alien Fleshlight starts to degrade over time with use then I cant always buy it back when i want it as it will not be avaliable because its a "limited edition" product. What do you mean by "reseller' ? How do you resell a sex toy? Its not like you can put it on Ebay!

My living circumstances are not suitable for me to order items to my house where I live with my parents and neither do I have a credit card but I dont see why buying from a retail store should exclude me from having a faulty item replaced by its manufacturer.
    I'm going to reply to you once and only once because I've already came to the conclusion that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. ...and well, you can't fix stupid.

1st I understand that you're upset that you didn't get what you paid for but that's why you have a 14 day period to make sure everything is what it's suppose to be. You can't honestly expect any seller to extend their warranty until you start using a product. I mean what if you bought it a year ago and just now tried it out. Would you go back and make the same argument for something you bought a year ago. "I didn't try it until today, I still have 13 days".

2nd The Alien is not a Limited Edition product. It was introduced as one and then brought back due to demand.

3rd If you're paying 140 per fleshlight, and buying 3 at a time, maybe you should spend some of your money on buying a place of your own to live, opening a banking account, or doing something more useful than buying sex toys you have to hide from your parents.

4th yes you can put sex toys on ebay.

5th just because you don't think something is right, doesn't mean it's the way thing works. You're nobody and have absolutely no power with the way industries work. You don't like the terms, too bad, don't buy it. You're an expendable consumer (especially when it comes to sex toys)

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by flapple View Post
    I'm going to reply to you once and only once because I've already came to the conclusion that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. ...and well, you can't fix stupid.

1st I understand that you're upset that you didn't get what you paid for but that's why you have a 14 day period to make sure everything is what it's suppose to be. You can't honestly expect any seller to extend their warranty until you start using a product. I mean what if you bought it a year ago and just now tried it out. Would you go back and make the same argument for something you bought a year ago. "I didn't try it until today, I still have 13 days".

2nd The Alien is not a Limited Edition product. It was introduced as one and then brought back due to demand.

3rd If you're paying 140 per fleshlight, and buying 3 at a time, maybe you should spend some of your money on buying a place of your own to live, opening a banking account, or doing something more useful than buying sex toys you have to hide from your parents.

4th yes you can put sex toys on ebay.

5th just because you don't think something is right, doesn't mean it's the way thing works. You're nobody and have absolutely no power with the way industries work. You don't like the terms, too bad, don't buy it. You're an expendable consumer (especially when it comes to sex toys)
    1- If you want to hear stupid take another look at your own comments. I exceeded the 14 day policy by only 10 days. Stupid is trying to compare being 10 days late with being 365 days late, your comparison is irrational, unrealistic and has no validity to it.

2- Just because the Alien was brought back into demand does not make it a permanent product and nor does it mean it will keep being brought into production. That is a fact and based on those facts I would consider it an item that is rarer than all my other Fleshlights so therefore my decission to keep it safe and use it less often than the others is warranted. If you don't care about preserving your items based on how easily you can obtain it then that is your choice but I find it ridicilious that you are attempting to badger me into thinking like you and then continuing to insist my choice to store it was uncalled for when that is your own personal preference.

3- Telling me to buy a place of my own is none of your business as you have ZERO clue about my reasons for living with my family. You are quick to make stupid assumptions based on your own personal lifestyle and you fail to realize some of us maybe living with disabilities that requires the care of our family and some of us may have disabilities that prevents us from being able to work and obtaining a credit card. And telling poeple on a Fleshlight forum that they should be "doing something more useful than buying sex toys" is a bit odd don't you think?

4- No, according to ebay policy you can't sell used sex toys which you can read here under the title Items that can't be listed at all (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/adult-only.html#):

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/adult-only.html