Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Navigator

Question FLying under the weather?

I have been sick with a cold for the last couple of days and have refrained from using my Fleshlight since then. I sort of had plans for a Tour de Fleshlight this week and this has put those plans on hold.

The reason I'm holding off is mostly because I was concerned that I may pass on my illness to the material and then get a nasty surprise next time I grab the same sleeve I used.

I am very meticulous about cleaning my sleeves in that I always rinse my sleeve almost immediately after activity, following up with alcohol to sterilize and aid in the drying process.

What I am asking is if it's fine to FLy when you are sick, or should I wait to get better and conserve my energy until then?

FLight Captain

Default Re: FLying under the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    I have been sick with a cold for the last couple of days and have refrained from using my Fleshlight since then. I sort of had plans for a Tour de Fleshlight this week and this has put those plans on hold.

The reason I'm holding off is mostly because I was concerned that I may pass on my illness to the material and then get a nasty surprise next time I grab the same sleeve I used.

I am very meticulous about cleaning my sleeves in that I always rinse my sleeve almost immediately after activity, following up with alcohol to sterilize and aid in the drying process.

What I am asking is if it's fine to FLy when you are sick, or should I wait to get better and conserve my energy until then?
    So you gonna pick your bike and climb up the hills and fuck your fleshie while arriving at L´Alpe d´Huez ? :P

FLight Attendant

I honestly think your worries are unfounded. I find it really pleasurable to dive in when sick or achy (a great many people find it expunging, as I understand), and a thorough cleaning will be sufficient for the case and material.

Sure, reclining to some devoted oral sex from your partner still takes the cake to your energy levels at this time, but I find that like with a good painting, progress flows after giving the canvas a 'brush' or two.
    Last edited by fiend; 04-16-2012 at 06:43 PM.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by DaHorse View Post
    So you gonna pick your bike and climb up the hills and fuck your fleshie while arriving at L´Alpe d´Huez ? :P
    Not exactly. I meant that I was going to use all of my sleeves this week at least once. I have enough time this week to do this and being sick has put that on hold for the moment. I have 16 sleeves which I intend to use throughout the week. This is a self-imposed challenge and also a way to break them into a regular use cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I honestly think your worries are unfounded. I find it really pleasurable to dive in when sick or achy (a great many people find it expunging, as I understand), and a thorough cleaning will be sufficient for the case and material.
    I find that when I am sick my body is a lot less sensitive to stimuli so I probably will not be able to enjoy my FLights as much as I would if I were healthier.

My concerns come from the perception that things in contact with people who have colds or the flu such as doorknobs and keyboards will make those things a transmission line for their disease. I would not want my Fleshlight to make me sick, despite the fact that I clean it thoroughly after every use. Maybe it's nothing to worry about then but I am going to play it safe.

FLight Navigator

While I think your concern for having your sleeves "infected" with viruses might be unfounded, I do think it's a good idea not to masturbate until you recover because I noticed a sizable decrease in sexual stamina when I came down with colds or the flu in the past. I actually even had a fear that I lost my sexual capabilities for good when I lost my erection in the middle of a session or couldn't finish it off. Well, of course I eventually gained my energy back as I recovered from them. But those experiences made me realize how those common colds or the flu can affect your body sometimes. Obviously, we're not some kind of machine that performs at our peak all the time. And just like a machine, we go through troubles from time to time. lol.
    Last edited by tenergyforce; 04-17-2012 at 01:51 AM.

FLight First Officer

No worries, mate!

If it's the flu or another virus, you are immune to that strain after your body has beaten it - you cant infect yourself. And if you are still nervous, you can always do a good cleaning with isoprophyl alcohol - which is a good idea to do on a regular basis anyway. That will kill any germs or virus still alive.