Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Navigator

Question Cutting gel/jelly lubes with water?

Could I mix thicker water-based lubes (gel or jelly-like) into water to create a more liquid-like lubricant?

The main reason I want to do this is so that I can get more banging for my buck. I'm thinking that I'd be able to stretch the gel lube into larger amounts if I were to mix small amounts with water.

Has anyone tried doing this or is there something I'm missing? Is there a ratio I need to be aware of?

FLight Navigator

Default Re: Cutting gel/jelly lubes with water?

In my opinion mixing lube and water is more trouble than it's worth and you can accomplish what you want without having to mix. I have a spray bottle with water. I put lube in the sleeve and spritz in a little water to get the right feel. I find that the lube tends to get a little sticky after stroking for several minutes, and another spritz will restore it to silky smoothness. Bottom line is I use a lot less lube than I did before I got the spray bottle. Mixing water and lube before use seems like a lot of work and messy to boot. Plus, you'll probably end up using more lube and throwing some away.

FLight Captain

I buy my lube by the gallon or half gallon. When the top inch or so is gone from the bottle I do add about a half a cup of water to it and shake it up really good. It helps it last a bit longer and thins it up a little.

FLight Attendant

I don,t think mixing the two is going to work.

Did you know Walmart has their own store branded lubes?
    You can get a 8oz bottle with a pump for 3.66.
    And they have smaller sizes.

FLight Captain

The problem with my fucking Walmart is they moved all the lubes and condoms and stuff behind the counter at one of the check out stands. It's one thing to put it down on the counter, mixed with groceries and stuff, and pay for it-- but I'm not about to ask for it.

Yeah, somebody go ahead and say it--"who gives a fuck what other people think?"......Well, I do...Sorry, but that's the way it is for me. Plus, I get better deals on Amazon buying by the gallon or half gallon.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by bongzilla~ View Post
    Did you know Walmart has their own store branded lubes?
    Yeah, and the gel works great when cut 1:1 with water. It's not as smooth as K-Y nor as slippery as Astroglide, but short of brewing your own from Xanthan Gum, or buying by the barrel like Spalector, it's one of the most cost-effective options out there. The proportions are a matter of taste, so make it as thin or as viscous as you like.

FLight First Officer

I usually add a little water to ID Glide and Gun Oil lubes - about 10-15% when there is room in a new bottle. Make it last a bit longer and not getting sticky so fast.
    I don't do it with Fleshlube which a allready a bit to runny for my tastes.

FLight Captain

I have the astroglide gel which too thick but, with a bit of water you can tailor it to your taste plus its pretty cheap 4 oz for $3. with some water and you can easily make 8oz.
    some anal lubes have thicker consistency like like jo h2o anal lube but, they are not as thick like the astroglide gel.

FLight Attendant

It agree, your idea is brilliant

FLight Attendant

Fantasy

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by SLECTOR View Post
    I buy my lube by the gallon or half gallon. When the top inch or so is gone from the bottle I do add about a half a cup of water to it and shake it up really good. It helps it last a bit longer and thins it up a little.
    Where do you buy your lube Slector? How much is it?

FLight Captain

Ratio for the type of consistency you want is up to you. I have a spray bottle filled with water, so adding more water during flight is never a problem. If your feeling adventurous you can always make your own lube with Xanthan Gum, one of the most affordable options for lube.