Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default How many minutes is the peak performance of your lube?

I use Astroglide, and no matter how much I use, I find that the best feel occurs only in the first 2 minutes. After 5 minutes, it still feels great, but I start to miss the incredible feeling of that first 2 minutes. So I reapply the lube and continue. I usually end up doing this about 6 times for the entire 30 minutes. And I MUST feel that peak lube quality during my orgasm. If I really wanted to save money, I could go the entire 30 minutes without re-lubing, but to get the best 30 minutes in my life I don't mind spending 6 times the cost.

What about the rest of you? Please name your lube and the number of minutes that the peak intensity lasts for.
    Last edited by prestokeys; 11-11-2012 at 06:54 AM.

FLight Navigator

Default Re: How many minutes is the peak performance of your lube?

I figured out a way how to get the best of what I have. I do not use any of the fancy shmancy lube... I just use good old KY because that is what I have. I also have flesh packets that came with my fleshlights. If anything I found after trying different lubes that KY arguably performs better for me than other things and KY is affordable and you can buy it anywhere from grocery store to convenience store to retail store.

Anyways.... here is my take on it.

If you look at how you fly you can quickly figure out whether your lube dissolves or simply leaks out. For example if you lie on your back and or masturbate with orphase down.. then lube will trickle down with every stroke and flow down your testicles and onto piece of furniture on which you are performing said act. Likewise if you tilt your toy the other way all of the lube will trickle down to end of the insert and then out of it accumulating between case and insert.

I fly usually sitting and tablespoon full of KY can last me a good 20 minutes. Same amount of flesh lube lasts for no more than 5 minutes BUT those 5 minutes are arguably 50% better than using KY for first 5 minutes. For me my choice of KY liquid starts kicking in after about 10 minutes and you can feel drop off after 15 minutes. It goes from smooth glide to squeezy ride to grinding so if I am still in the mood then I will reapply lube and keep going.

I actually fly while tilting my case upward and downward so my lube rarely leaks out in large quantities so lasts longer.

I guess to each is own so experimentation will get you the right amount and the right kind of lube.

FLight Captain

The solution to your lube problems is quite simple: use a spray bottle with some water and spray into the sleeve when it starts to dry out. This will restore that peak feeling and also save you lots of lube. I use very little lube this way and I find that the water really helps to thin the lube out and intensify the sensations of the texture.
    Last edited by orlandot94; 11-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by orlandot94 View Post
    The solution to your lube problems is quite simple: use a spray bottle with some water and spray into the sleeve when it starts to dry out. This will restore that peak feeling and also save you lots of lube. I very little lube this way and I find that the water really helps to thin the lube out and intensify the sensations of the texture.
    I agree with Orlando completely. In fact, I find that adding more lube, instead of water, gums things up and makes things messy. The spray bottle works like a charm. I use an old I Can't Believe it's not Butter spray bottle that I got at the market. After the butter spray was gone I cleaned it thoroughly and added water. An instant solution to drying lube.

FLight Attendant

The type of lube used can really make all the difference in experiencing the fleshlight.

-The fleshlight lube supplied with fleshlights was a compete fail for me in feeling and use. So much so that if I didn't have any other lube available I might not even have tried a second flight. I thought it was THAT bad.

-Sensilube is very nice and slippery and peaks immediately, but tends to dry up and get a little sticky. It needs re-applying or wetting after say 10 to 15 minutes. This re-lubing stops the fantasy.

-Durex play is a little thicker than sensilube and does not get sticky. It does not dry up like sensilube and gets slicker and better when pre-cum sets in, and does not need re-lubing or re-wetting even for hour long flights.

Feeling wise, Sensilube wins, but practical wise, Durex play (Warming) wins.
    Last edited by Doo; 11-16-2012 at 11:30 AM.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by IRRabbit View Post
    I figured out a way how to get the best of what I have. I do not use any of the fancy shmancy lube... I just use good old KY because that is what I have. I also have flesh packets that came with my fleshlights. If anything I found after trying different lubes that KY arguably performs better for me than other things and KY is affordable and you can buy it anywhere from grocery store to convenience store to retail store.

Anyways.... here is my take on it.

If you look at how you fly you can quickly figure out whether your lube dissolves or simply leaks out. For example if you lie on your back and or masturbate with orphase down.. then lube will trickle down with every stroke and flow down your testicles and onto piece of furniture on which you are performing said act. Likewise if you tilt your toy the other way all of the lube will trickle down to end of the insert and then out of it accumulating between case and insert.

I fly usually sitting and tablespoon full of KY can last me a good 20 minutes. Same amount of flesh lube lasts for no more than 5 minutes BUT those 5 minutes are arguably 50% better than using KY for first 5 minutes. For me my choice of KY liquid starts kicking in after about 10 minutes and you can feel drop off after 15 minutes. It goes from smooth glide to squeezy ride to grinding so if I am still in the mood then I will reapply lube and keep going.

I actually fly while tilting my case upward and downward so my lube rarely leaks out in large quantities so lasts longer.

I guess to each is own so experimentation will get you the right amount and the right kind of lube.
    That's the issue I have. Using my WW in a seated position is always a frustrating process of adding more lube or adding more water constantly while dripping here and there. I get much, much better mileage out of my lube in more flat positions (WW between objects, etc) but this conflicts with my preference for simply edging and browsing. I only use my WW once or twice a month these days because of the ridiculous mess of lube, water, and wet hands I almost always run into at the PC.

That being said, Astroglide + water lasts for quite some time in a non-vertical/slanted position. I'll have to try the Durex lube and spray bottle mentioned sometime.

FLight Attendant

Earlier in the thread I said this:

"-The fleshlight lube supplied with fleshlights was a compete fail for me in feeling and use. So much so that if I didn't have any other lube available I might not even have tried a second flight. I thought it was THAT bad."

I want to retract that statement now because I had used the supplied little sample of fleshlube with a new (my first) fleshlight.
    I was indeed a fail, but not one of the lube. It was a 'new fleshlight' thing. (the cornstarch and all)
    So months later, I used another sample of
    fleshlube, and it actually was pretty good.

Sensilube still wins though, IMO.

But fleshlube is actually pretty good and lasts quit a while.