Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default ''Rubber sleeve'', very anonymous.

I am very angry with Fleshlight. You claim that there is nothing on the package to reveal the content, besides your name, so perhaps it does not even matter anyway.

I went to does pick-up places to get my packages, three independent packages from to different places. ALL of them had the description ''Rubber sleeve'' on them - thank you I never trust you on this issue again. I called the UPS beforehand, to ask them to put them aside for me so they were ready when I went to collect them.

I mean this cannot be undone...

BTW: I think it is stupid, that I cannot state from the start that I am not home within normal working hours. Waste of resources that they try to deliver at my home, when I know that I am not at home. 'But you can get it delivered at your workplace' oh sure I would like that, especially when you state 'Rubber sleeve' on it - I am glad that I did not choose that option. Also not having anything stated on it, just makes it more interesting, so you should put some random fake names on it.

FLight Navigator

Default Re: ''Rubber sleeve'', very anonymous.

My package said nothing of the sort, so I'm not sure why this happened. It should always appear like this as stated all over the website:
    http://static.fleshlight.com/interface/3.0/confidence.png

FLight Attendant

I just have a revision on this, they all came from Spain, I can see that on the packages.

I will try to arrange a picture.

Airport Security

If you're international, we have to put "Rubber Sleeve" on the package because it must go through customs. In order for the package to go through customs, what is inside the package must be declared clearly on the outside of the package. We cannot help this, as it is international law, so we do our best to be discreet while being clear enough that customs will allow the package to reach its destination. "Rubber Sleeve" was our best solution... it's better than saying "Fleshlight" or "masturbatory toy" or anything else that we could have put instead. I'm sorry that this bugged you, but there is nothing we can do about it!

FLight Navigator

That certainly clears it up a bit. I might recommend saying something like "rubber insert" instead as that, to me, sounds slightly more discreet. Although I suppose it might be too vague for customs to allow it to pass as well.

FLight Attendant

I understand that. I have been told and promise something else right, you need to honest about this, for your information on the website and when I order. What if I had choose to get it delivered to my work, then I could might as well start looking for a new job.

Should be possible to make some kind of agreement with customs, some kind of code..., but that is perhaps politics and I guess out of your hands.

Airport Security

It does say this on the site: look here
    http://www.fleshlight.com/faq-shipping-information/

FLight Navigator

It's true that if you're expecting the package to be absolutely discreet that this could be a pain. That being said, I'd SUGGEST there should at least be a clear warning when ordering that international shipping will have some kind of description of the contents, as obviously not everyone knows that this will be required (I didn't know that until just a while ago)

Edit:
    [QUOTE=SarahLIFE;936349]It does say this on the site: look here
    http://www.fleshlight.com/faq-shipping-information/[/QUOTE]
    Okay so there IS information on this. However, I don't know about most users here, but I don't always check the FAQs when ordering from a website.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 12-12-2012 at 02:23 PM.

FLight Navigator

First and foremost... why would anyone in their right mind order a product like this to be delivered to their place of work? That is like inviting problem X 10.

Another thing is ordering these things. You are ordering a sex toy made for adults and if you really really really really really want to hide its contents you should not have it delivered to a place where anyone of concern can come and look at the package and see "Rubber sleeve" written on the box and come to conclusion that you must be ordering sex toys.

I had 2 ILF packages delivered and they both sat outside my door and both said ILF. Now neither said rubber sleeves but even if they did... it would have been on the label which would have been impossible to read unless you held box in hands... and even if that was the case.... no normal person would be like ohh... hey... Bob got a package... from ILF... whoever they are... and it says "rubber sleeve"... must be for his car or the dishwasher or some sort of hose contraption thing.

But then of course if you give people a strong reason to suspect that you are ordering sex toys left and right... no amount of discrete packaging can protect you. Have it delivered to post office next time.

FLight Attendant

This is what I found: ''What does the package look like?
    All orders are shipped in a plain, cardboard box. The shipping label will identify the shipper as "FLI S.L." and will not reference "Fleshlight.com", "Sex Toy" or any other identifying description related to products designed for adults.''

I cannot see there where it say that Rubber sleeve will be posted.

FLight Attendant

IRRabbit it is not about whether I care that someone can figure out what is inside. For this thread it is more the fact that their information on this issue is pretty misleading.

FLight Navigator

There is a section on International Shipping waaaaay farther down on the FAQ page where it says how the contents will be described to customs.
    In fact it is the 2nd from the bottom on that page.

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=Xanthan;936350]It's true that if you're expecting the package to be absolutely discreet that this could be a pain. That being said, I'd SUGGEST there should at least be a clear warning when ordering that international shipping will have some kind of description of the contents, as obviously not everyone knows that this will be required (I didn't know that until just a while ago)

Edit:

Okay so there IS information on this. However, I don't know about most users here, but I don't always check the FAQs when ordering from a website.[/QUOTE]

Im a 1000% with you on this but with the caveat that if a person has a true need to hide what they are buying, then personal responsibility should make you read the FAQs as a minimum. If you don't then I dont know how you can say you did your due diligence to cover yourself and your situation.

I get people have some real privacy concerns but ILF has to draw a line in the sand at some point. They can't service everybody and I think they do at least as good or better of a job rerivacy as their competitors. If you need more discresion than maybe you need more than most companies can reasonably, efficiently, and viably economically provide.

I feel bad for those who cant just whim order like I do but the problem can be solved.

Get a PO box. Its like $20-$30.

Sure its an expense but all Id care about it solving the problem.

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=Slim;936348]I understand that. I have been told and promise something else right, you need to honest about this, for your information on the website and when I order. What if I had choose to get it delivered to my work, then I could might as well start looking for a new job.

Should be possible to make some kind of agreement with customs, some kind of code..., but that is perhaps politics and I guess out of your hands.[/QUOTE]

Here's where Im lost. If your job is such that "discovery" ends up in your termination, why would you even consider shipping it there even if it was just a brown box with nothing on it at all? Package could get accidentally/on purpose opened, tape breaks, whatever.

While Id never do it, I sure as hell would trust my job security on the seller no matter who they are or what they say.

Some situations in life demand sacrifices

Job v. Fleshlight = Job
    Relationship v. Fleshlight = Relationship
    Health v. Fleshlight = Health

Your situation stinks, no doubt, but its your situation, not anything on ILFs part.

Order from a hundred different so called "discreet" shippers and you will get the same or WORSE packaging I promise you.

If one mistake somewhere would cost you too much, probably need to abstain from the whole FL/sextoy thing all together.

FLight Captain

What pisses me off more is, that on every box i recieved from ILF/UPS, there was my mobile phone number at the adress label...

I mean, what for !?!? If i am not at home, UPS shows off 3 times anyway, they leave a note at my PM box and IF (I-F !!!) something is still not running, i can track the box, notice where the next service center is and then ring up that place.

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=DaHorse;936433]What pisses me off more is, that on every box i recieved from ILF/UPS, there was my mobile phone number at the adress label...

I mean, what for !?!? If i am not at home, UPS shows off 3 times anyway, they leave a note at my PM box and IF (I-F !!!) something is still not running, i can track the box, notice where the next service center is and then ring up that place.[/QUOTE]

That sucks but as a man whos had a (albeit domestic) corporate account with UPS, I know a contact number was required by the carrier (which they chose to apply to the box for the ease of their workers)

Privacy - not so much. But UPS is about volume.

ILF likely has little to do with it and little control over it even if they did make an issue out of it.

FLight Captain

I think, ILF has something to do with it. They prepare the boxes for shipping, so, for some reason, ILF makes it possible to have my phone number on there. The question is - why ? And how can/should it be fixed ?

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=DaHorse;936444]I think, ILF has something to do with it. They prepare the boxes for shipping, so, for some reason, ILF makes it possible to have my phone number on there. The question is - why ? And how can/should it be fixed ?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how to truly prove it to you without showing you but no, youre wrong.

With a corporate account you get a template YOU HAVE TO USE. That sticker you see is generated in whole by UPS. We (whomever the shipper) fill in a bunch of required blanks, one of those (for us at least) was CUSTOMER CONTACT NUMBER. If you don't fill in that box, it won't generate the label and you cannot ship. Simple as that.

Yes, ILF GIVES UPS the information but THEY ARE REQUIRED TO DO SO IN ORDER TO SHIP WITH UPS.

UPS requires all shippers to do this and to use their predetermined forms and sometimes even paper! (certain parcels required we buy their "approved" sticky backed labels)

UPS does this for efficiency. Same reason your contact number is on the box, it's easiest for them to read it off a "found lost package" than database somewhere.

Stinks for you but not enough people have made a stink enough for them to rethink it.
    Last edited by flyingblind; 12-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.

FLight Captain

That explaination makes sence !

It was just a bit bizarre, when talking about privacy, at something like a adress label, there is almost my whole CV and the label says "rubber sleeve" (which i also have had at my MILF Hunter from the US) - but things are cleared now

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=DaHorse;936453]That explaination makes sence !

It was just a bit bizarre, when talking about privacy, at something like a adress label, there is almost my whole CV and the label says "rubber sleeve" (which i also have had at my MILF Hunter from the US) - but things are cleared now [/QUOTE]

Glad it makes sense now. :-)

Side note: Glad you finally got your MILF hunter. I truly want everybody to get every sleeve and accessory they want. Universal access for all. And you were really "hunting" that thing yourself so Im glad it was a success.

FLight Attendant

I am redirected to the .eu domain, and that is where I find this info at the top promising me something that is not true.

It says
    ''What does the package look like?
    All orders are shipped in a plain, cardboard box. The shipping label will identify the shipper as "FLI S.L." and will not reference "Fleshlight.com", "Sex Toy" or any other identifying description related to products designed for adults.''

I cannot find any references to any exceptions on this.

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=Slim;936528]I am redirected to the .eu domain, and that is where I find this info at the top promising me something that is not true.

It says

I cannot find any references to any exceptions on this.[/QUOTE]

I think this proves ILF's point, not disprove it.

Mine don't reference sex toys, Fleshlights, or anything of the sort. It says Rubber sleeve. You know it to be a sex toy because thats what you bought.

Seriously, If I walked into Walmart, an Appliance Store, or a Pharmacy and asked where they sell the rubber sleeves, not a soul is going to say to me "Sorry, we don't carry sex toys, fleshlights, masturbaters, etc) At worse they ask me to explain what I need further in which case Id know that they don't carry it. (since its an either you know what Im talking about thing or not)

Im sorry some people feel they've been violated, I really do. But its mountain out of a molehill truly.

And I say again, if you are in a situation that requires a level of privacy most companies cannot REASONABLY accommodate, you need to figure out other arrangements. A PO box, discreet neighbor, send to a friend and get from them, something.

*edit* You know what, Im doing this. I've got some errands to run at these types of stores (no appliance tho) over the next few days so Ill try and ask for "rubber sleeves" when Im there. Ill report back my findings and if I was arrested for public ludeness/indecency. :-P
    Last edited by flyingblind; 12-13-2012 at 05:41 PM.

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=Slim;936364]IRRabbit it is not about whether I care that someone can figure out what is inside. For this thread it is more the fact that their information on this issue is pretty misleading.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what is misleading.

You make an assumption on what they WILL DO by what they say WILL NOT. These are two totally unrelated things.

Example:

I WONT go to the grocery store today = Im not going to the grocery store.
    It says nothing as to whether Im going to the gym, the bank, the laundry mat or sitting on my fat ass watching tv all day.

You are only given the information relating to the Grocery (in your case "Will my package be labeled sex toys or have Fleshlight written on it")

Heres the text you quoted:

ILFs and our contention is that it does not reference Sex Toys/Fleshlights, etc because "rubber sleeve" can only be linked to such things IF THE PERSON ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT THEM.

In your post you even said "you dont care if it can be identified or not" That makes you even more confusing and seeming to simply want to have something to get upset about.

ILFs statement agrees to what they WILL NOT do which is obviously identify your package as those items listed. Thats where the scope of the statement ends.

They could have put unicorn stickers all over my boxes and while I could be pissed about it (damn My Little Ponies!!!) there is nothing in their agreement that specifically states they WONT do that.

The only thread you could try to spin is that somehow My Little Ponies stickers would identify me as a sex toy pervert. And if you can link those two things believably, you have a bright BRIGHT future as an Attorney.

And Ill need to go kill myself because I don't want to live in a world where such unrelated things can possibly be argued as "like and in the same."

http://publicaddress.net/assets/img/2003glory_side_small.jpg

Clearly a sex toy. Clearly.
    Last edited by flyingblind; 12-13-2012 at 06:28 PM.

FLight Navigator

I am looking at the box ILF sent me. It is a plan box. Brown bow with a UPS sticker on it. The box is about 12 feet away from me or just over 4 meters away and I can not read anything on the label even if I tried. I also live alone so I do not have to hide my purchases from anyone. And guess what... UPS leaves them on my front door. I have about 5000 households in my subdivision and at least 1/10 has something delivered every other day. UPS and Fedex is here daily and so is USPS, DHL and other vendors. There are boxes at every other doorstep... so err... do you think people give a rats tail about what is inside those boxes? Not unless they come to the door, pick up the box, read ILF and Rubber Sleeve and then make a calculated guess that it is not some sort of surgical tubing or a car part or a dishwasher/washer/some other appliance part or that its a hose for a vacuum cleaner or a hose for a shower or some other form of household product. By your definition they will read "Rubber Sleeve" and be like ... ohh... Bob has just got sex toys.... how is that even possible? Most common folk really do not care what you get in boxes nor care to look at the boxes. They might glance at a name and walk with the box to your door because it was left at their door by mistake.

Here in the states opening other people's mail is a crime but even if it was not... most people are decent enough to not open packages.

I would strongly advise anyone facing the same problem to figure these things out before ordering. After all... if you have to hide what you order (whatever it is)... then maybe there is a bigger problem you need to address... like having other people mind their own business and gathering some courage to be a man and stand your ground.

Now I have never had to hide anything ever so I may not know what you are going through but even if you do have to hide your purchases... there are dozens and dozens of things you can do on your end as a buyer without ILF to go through additional hoops which they technically are not obligated by any means. Sex toys are shipped in relatively discrete boxes as a courtesy. If you ever paid any attention to retailers in general they always make those lavish boxes which people could care less about. Christmas tree boxes, tv boxes, stereo boxes... all have like $20 worth of paint on them... and as a buyer you look at the product and not the box and you promptly throw the box in the trash without staring at it with adoration.

FLight Attendant

I strongly disagree with you and in my country this act is illegal.
    First I could go into the discussion about my privacy, why it is important and why it is a problem, it is a private concern. In this thread 'PLEASE' can we stick to the issue on their information provided.

flyingblind, dont you think it would be much more accurate to tell what they do, instead of what they dont.
    Also this means that they could just state 'BOMB' on it, because they did not write that they would not. Actually they could do a lot of things then like charge you a billion extra, because they did not tell they did not. To hold back information, and telling something which leads in another direction is an unworthy way to make business (unfortunately it happens all the time).

''or any other identifying description ...'' is pretty broad, for you it does not include rubber sleeve, but for me it does.

Where is Sarah?

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=Slim;936560]I strongly disagree with you and in my country this act is illegal.
    First I could go into the discussion about my privacy, why it is important and why it is a problem, it is a private concern. In this thread 'PLEASE' can we stick to the issue on their information provided.

flyingblind, dont you think it would be much more accurate to tell what they do, instead of what they dont.
    Also this means that they could just state 'BOMB' on it, because they did not write that they would not. Actually they could do a lot of things then like charge you a billion extra, because they did not tell they did not. To hold back information, and telling something which leads in another direction is an unworthy way to make business (unfortunately it happens all the time).

''or any other identifying description ...'' is pretty broad, for you it does not include rubber sleeve, but for me it does.

Where is Sarah?[/QUOTE]

Claiming such an absurdity that because they don't write they won't write "bomb" on there means they could or will is utterly ridiculous, worse, you know this. Same with the "charge you billions of dollars." It is so much harder to see your side of the argument when you make irrational statements. You shut down those who would seek to understand your side, seriously.

How long would the FAQs have to be to meet all the requirements you would have? Pages and pages it appears which would turn you off to reading them which Im assuming youd then blame for why you didn't read them.

If, in your country what has been done to you is illegal, I suggest, if you feel it needed, file a complaint. That will bring the gravity of the situation to ILFs attention immediately.

But you have a tendency to be a little far reaching in your statements so I do wonder if it is indeed so.

Yes, it would be great if they tell in detail what they put on the customs forms. Here's the thing though, how many products is that? And secondly, having done quite a bit of international customs shipping myself, I know its a sliding bar. One day you have to put "rubber sleeve" next it's "rubber insert" or whatever tweak customs wants of you THIS week.

The solid part of your argument is that "rubber sleeve" equates to "sex toy." Thousands to HUNDREDS of thousands of customers (plus many persons here)seem to disagree because ILF is still moving tons product with few privacy complaints. And few (have there been any?) privacy lawsuits.

And if you were so wounded by this betrayal, why did you post this?

"IRRabbit it is not about whether I care that someone can figure out what is inside. For this thread it is more the fact that their information on this issue is pretty misleading."

Sometimes we take things a little more personal than they should be. Or our needs are such that we need special care and consideration that in the reasonable course of business a company cannot provide.

So you make your own accommodations. Get a PO box. Find a trusted friend. Take the day off from work if its a must. Problems happen all the time, solve them, move on to the next.

It's apparent that many people don't equate "rubber sleeve" with "Fleshlight", "sex toy", "pleasure device" or what have you or else ILF would have had to change their labeling long ago (they've sold 5 million of the things IIRC)

And, over the next few days Ill even run a real world test for you as I do my weekly shopping. I'll ask for rubber sleeves all over the place and look hard for even a hint of discomfort/unease (to be expected when asking for sexual aides) from the clerks.

You are welcome to draw your line in the sand, say this is NOT enough for your privacy needs, and discontinue buying from ILF.

All Im trying to get across to you is, your line in the sand is a little further over to the right than most of us bro. You're not wrong for having it fall where it falls (everybodys situation is different) but hopefully you recognize your situation is a little different and maybe you can adjust some for that.

Its not that I have some great love for ILF (if you knew me, youd know I really REALLY don't) Its, quite simply, I want you to be included in the "fun" (seems so weird calling it that) if you want to be. Access to all and all that jazz.

That may mean a little more work on your part than for most of us. Hell, my first ILF purchase was a 6 week money order ordeal (18 yo and no CCards yet) and they were STELLAR to me even not having a cent of mine until the MO arrived and cleared.

I get this sense we've lost you though and talking further really isn't going to bring you any sort of resolution or even ease your agitation a little.

I'll still end on this note though. While many people may disagree with you (me included) it is obvious we want you included which is why all the posts here to give you alternatives and other ideas on how to get around any conflicts you have if ILF can't change their policies for whatever reason. (change on a corporate level is MUCH harder than people can possibly understand)

There are good people here man. ILF is full of good people too. Things are as they are because this system has worked well thousands of times. I'm sorry you were the exception. I still hope you see that even if you are, nobody knowingly or purposefully wanted to make your life any more difficult.

All any of us wanted to do was help. Myself very much included.

Peace.

FB

P.s. Sara likely works 9-5ish M-F CST (Texas time) She'll hit you up sooner than later knowing her.

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=Xanthan;936367]There is a section on International Shipping waaaaay farther down on the FAQ page where it says how the contents will be described to customs.
    In fact it is the 2nd from the bottom on that page.[/QUOTE]

Xanathan needs proper credit here. Im merely posting it for ease.

How will the items be declared in customs?
    We will declare the actual product value to customs, but name declarations are assigned per the following:
    Fleshlight sleeves = gel sleeves
    Fleshlight cases = plastic housing
    lubricant = water based liquid
    vibrators = massagers
    mr. limpys = gel molds

It does say "gel" over "rubber" though Id contend gel is even more likely to cause a question than rubber (rubber washers,sleeves,gaskets are in everything these days)

Massagers? If I had a really tough privacy situation, I may pass on ordering one of those. Everything else Id have no problem having delivered to even my grandma.

(not that I would. I'm making a point)

Airport Security

Where was I? I was asleep! Lol. I work weekdays 9-6 CST so if your posts are outside of that time-frame, I will not see them until the morning when I get back to work.

Slim, I'm sorry this was such an issue for you. We understand privacy is important to everyone, and we do try to make sure that it is respected by not putting anything obvious on the box. However, at the same time, we also believe that it is very important to our customers that their package arrive at their place of residence within a reasonable amount of time, without having been detained by customs so they could open and examine its contents. So we put "Rubber Sleeve" on the package to make sure that we are complaint with customs rules and regulations, so that we make sure they absolutely do not detain your package and/or not send it through. I believe that more customers would be unhappy that they did not receive a package at all or if they received it weeks late then they would if it said "rubber sleeve" on the shipping label. If your case is different, you could always take one of the several wonderful suggestions that our other forum members have offered to you through the course of this discussion.

Thanks guys for trying to help Slim out!

FLight Attendant

By asking where is Sarah, I just tried in a nice way to say that I was calling her.

Sarah: Fair enough that it says ''Rubber Sleeve'' for the customs, I understand that.

What I am asking for, is that you are honest and state that in the Fleshligth information/faq, why is that a problem?

FLight Navigator

I did use a proxy to view the eu domain for the website and couldn't find anything in the FAQs regarding how items will be declared to customs. So apparently it is on the US site, but not there for eu.

FLight Captain

[QUOTE=Xanthan;936616]I did use a proxy to view the eu domain for the website and couldn't find anything in the FAQs regarding how items will be declared to customs. So apparently it is on the US site, but not there for eu.[/QUOTE]

You should listen, to what is Sarah saying ! She said...

If you're international, we have to put "Rubber Sleeve" on the package because it must go through customs. In order for the package to go through customs, what is inside the package must be declared clearly on the outside of the package. We cannot help this, as it is international law, so we do our best to be discreet while being clear enough that customs will allow the package to reach its destination. "Rubber Sleeve" was our best solution... it's better than saying "Fleshlight" or "masturbatory toy" or anything else that we could have put instead. I'm sorry that this bugged you, but there is nothing we can do about it! (posted by Sarah)

As you will probably know, i ordered a MILF Hunter from the US. THIS is (obviously) international shippings. Its an import into the area of the European Union, that means, local german customs will take a look inside the box and charge me for that.

I also ordered quite a few times from the EU webpage, but then, i never ever had something to worry about, to be charged by customs or and other issue. As its just a basic shipping from A to B, you could even write "Greetings from Steve Shubin - happy flying !" into the adress label, nobody would care about.

FLight Attendant

As I understand it, this faq shipping text is just a copy of the US, and they did not take into account the difference.

Also their is a danish site for this, but you cannot buy FLG's, only the original.

FLight Attendant

Where? I cannot find it, as matter of a fact it only says the opposite. To lie and state that it is there, is very bad ethics and bad marketing, further more this is illegal. How can you live with that?

FLight Navigator

[QUOTE=Slim;937042]Where? I cannot find it, as matter of a fact it only says the opposite. To lie and state that it is there, is very bad ethics and bad marketing, further more this is illegal. How can you live with that?[/QUOTE]

You need to take a chill pill.

Many of us have stated that it's there, we see it, and have quoted it verbatim.

There is a possibility that IN YOUR ZONE it is NOT there. If you'd like to take a screenshot and host it, we will happily look it over.

Most of us are in the USA or Canada so the site we are directed to, based on our IP address, is the US site.
    Sarah is in America too, so likely shes forced to the US sites FAQs as well (unless she uses some sort of proxy)

You seem obsessed with this conspiracy theory even in the face of reasonable explanation. You also keep adding gas to the fire "illegal" and "how can you live with that?"

As you can see by multiple post by multiple posters WE SEE EXACTLY WHAT WAS STATED. The FAQs CLEARLY show "gel sleeves" will be the customs information listed on the package.

There is a slight possibility that its somehow NOT on the site your computer redirects you to.

Even so, you are blowing this way out of proportion.

If you are intent to see a conspiracy, you are going to see one even if it's not there.

If ILF is so detrimental to your mental health, I suggest you find another supplier for your pleasure devices.