Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Can anybody tell me the expected life of the insert using oil based lube?

I know it is wrong and it will damage the product but I really hate water based lubes. If my insert lasts me say six months its probaly worth it to me on a cost benefit analysis. I got to believe someone in here has thought the same thing and given it a shot.

FLight Navigator

Default Re: Can anybody tell me the expected life of the insert using oil based lube?

Quote Originally Posted by anzio View Post
    I know it is wrong and it will damage the product but I really hate water based lubes. If my insert lasts me say six months its probaly worth it to me on a cost benefit analysis. I got to believe someone in here has thought the same thing and given it a shot.
    Theres no way to give you a timetable. You are breaking down the product and it can happen at any pace.

Also HUGELY important to this discussion is the texture you pick. An original can be shredded thoroughly and give you a sort of equivalent sensation. (since its just a sidewall) The cracks that form add some to stimulation (very very little honestly) but one or two "breaks" go the wrong way and youve got something unpleasant now rubbing your member.

A multitexture such as bumps, ribs, rings, or teeth is designed to give a very specific sensation based on very specific form/shape, alignment, sometimes even number. You upset that balance, and you've ruined the sensation of the sleeve.

Six months is NOT I repeat NOT likely AT ALL. You are destroying a sleeve, not just accelerating wear.

You need to research lube. There are many many options, many so different from the norm its awe inspiring. Until you identify what quality you "hate" about water based lube, you cant be lead to a solution.

Oil based lube will kill a multitexture too fast for any one with normal economics to decide it worth the money/hassle of regular replacement. Also, consider that sometimes no amount of money can replace a texture. They discontinue them all the time. If you fell in love with a FLG sig texture, ruined it, then went to replace and it wasn't available, you would probably regret your "Ill just buy another" plan. Smoother textures maybe last a little while longer but still not any real length of time at all.

Quite simply, if you can't/won't use a water based lube product from the thousands available, you need to find another sex toy made of oil friendly materials. I've experimented with the material for the better part of a decade. They are serious when they say, oil and fleshlight dont mix. (if you want any sort of longevity at all)
    Last edited by flyingblind; 12-19-2012 at 02:36 PM.