Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Exclamation Shower Mount is Cheap, but Fleshlight doesn't care

I bought the shower mount when it first released about a couple of months ago. It worked great for a month or so, and then it cracked on me. As a result, now it won't lock into place for any angle I set it to. I literally tightened the screw as much as possible, but gravity just took the whole thing right down.

I've put in 2 tickets so far and each one of them has been closed with a couple days with NO resolutions. I kindly asked them to either reimburse me or ship me a replacement, even complimented on how great their products usually are (because they are), yet still nothing. The only reply I got back was an automated ticket response and a supervisor telling me the ticket had been closed and was now being transferred to Quality Control to take care of. As of this post, haven't heard anything back; and that was over a week ago.

Anyone who looks at and feels the shower mount can tell right away that they used cheap, light plastic to form the mold and used a shitty locking-design to hold the angle in place; the mount is flimsy and easily breakable. However, that being said, it did work very well for that first month or so and being able to have hands-free sex with my Fleshlight sleeves made the experience all the more realistic and enjoyable.

Nevertheless, I'm extremely disappointed with Fleshlight's support team and irritated that I can no longer enjoy a product I paid nearly $20 for. I hope they take care of this problem soon, but for anyone thinking about getting the shower mount, be advised:

Even though you CAN put it in any configuration you want, any set up that is sideways or at an angle will likely cause harm to the mount. Furthermore, unless your doing a doggy set up or some other configuration that is directly at level with your dick, you can't be as "vigorous" with your thrusts as you'd probably like to be with risking damage to the device.

FLight Attendant

Default Re: Shower Mount is Cheap, but Fleshlight doesn't care

Dang, I was thinking about getting one of these but after reading this, I don't know that I want to anymore. :/ Thanks for the info, Octavius. Hopefully you get this thing worked out.

FLight Attendant

I'd still advise getting one, just to see how great it is, but buy one when they're having one of their big sales. To go into greater detail, what cracked was one of the arms that holds the swivel end-cap in place. Since the little locking-grooves are located on those arms, when one cracks the mount can no longer hold the angle, which really sucks for most applications. All I'm able to do now is suction it to my bathroom sink and thrust that way, as if the woman were bent over the counter. Feels good, but after a while I wanna switch it up, but can't.

Man, I hope this thing gets worked out too, cause I'm missing the variety!

FLight Attendant

I had a problem with a sleeve, my ticket was sent Quality Control and I didn't hear anything for a week so I just replied to the ticket, and a day later I was contacted saying a replacement was on the way. So I'd just try asking if there is any info on a replacement, etc.

I haven't had any problems with mine cracking or anything, but it does feel more cheap than I had expected. I mean, I guess it is made alright for $20, but it seems to be made out of brittle plastic. If you are constantly attaching/removing it from wherever you use it, then I don't see it lasting more than a year at most. I don't feel like I can really wail on it because I am afraid that all the weight of the FL and my pounding will cause it to crack. I hope I am wrong though! I wish they had made it properly, like making it out of metal, and charged more if necessary.

My Reviews
    http://www.thepowerhousereviews.com/

FLight Navigator

I'm surprised at all of these bad reviews. I was rather impressed by the quality of the product for the price. I believe with some care and use of this product correctly, it should last a very long time. I give the product 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

Banned

That sucks. I'm glad I didn't get it. A product should be built to last. And I assume that everyone at ILF understand that when you get into it, you can really do some heavy FLying. So it should have been built to be able to handle that or have come with a disclaimer to take it easy. Which would take all the fun out of it.

Maybe you got a faulty version to begin with. Maybe it's just not a good product. I do think that at ILF they should be able to create something that works. It turned out to be incompatible with certain types of other products I read somewhere on these forums.

For a professional comapany this is completely unacceptable.

And the way the support team dealt with it is just terrible.

I believe it's a good company with some customer service agents who are terrible and a development team who is not as good as it should be. And in my opinion, you should get your money back, including shipping, at the very least.

P.S. Reading the posts from the past couple of days has made me hesitant to order again. I did get the STU and I love it, but I did receive it with a damaged case. It was too slight to go through the trouble of having it replaced, but I now don't expect flawless products anymore. So I'd rather not order.

Also, the problems with products and customer service have gone from seemingly being incidents to being a pattern.
    Last edited by jd02; 01-05-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Wanted to add the P.S.

Airport Security

We made the shower mount as sturdy as we were able, so I am sorry to hear that some people aren't happy with it. As far as I know, everyone likes it a lot, and we haven't been hearing complaints other than this one about it breaking. It is quite strong! Has anyone else had problems with it breaking, or is it just Octavius so far?

Octavius, when our customer service receives pictures of damaged products, they have to send the picture to Quality Control. When the ticket changes departments, it looks like it is closed, when it is really just changing hands. Our Quality Control can take some time to get through, because there is only one person and a lot of images to check. Also, last week was a short one, what with the holiday and everything. If you'd like to PM me your ticket request number I can check on it for you.

FLight Attendant

[QUOTE=SarahLIFE;937742]We made the shower mount as sturdy as we were able, so I am sorry to hear that some people aren't happy with it. As far as I know, everyone likes it a lot, and we haven't been hearing complaints other than this one about it breaking. It is quite strong! Has anyone else had problems with it breaking, or is it just Octavius so far?

Octavius, when our customer service receives pictures of damaged products, they have to send the picture to Quality Control. When the ticket changes departments, it looks like it is closed, when it is really just changing hands. Our Quality Control can take some time to get through, because there is only one person and a lot of images to check. Also, last week was a short one, what with the holiday and everything. If you'd like to PM me your ticket request number I can check on it for you.[/QUOTE]

I would appreciate that a great deal, Sarah, thank you. I apologize if I was rude before, it's just that my experience with Fleshlight's customer service has been somewhat different than most companies I've dealt with. I suppose I expected some timeframe as to when they would get back to me, but as long as it's being taken care of that's all I'm concerned with. I also wasn't aware that your Quality Control department only had one individual to sift through the tickets and I can imagine it would take some time, especially around the holidays, to get all that properly looked after. To date, the crack on the device is the only flaw I've seen in it thus far and the mount has proven itself a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Thanks for the reply, Sarah, and I'll be sending that PM soon.

FLight Captain

My shower mount is great and sturdy so far. I do fear that one day the locking mechanism may break so I'm pretty careful and use mine only in up/down configurations, haven't ventured into left/right yet but will heed your warning.

Sorry that it was/is taking so long for you to get response back from CS/QC. The shower mount is a new product so I suspect this is probably the first complaint of it breaking. I usually find ILF CS to be fast and I usually get definitive answers quickly. Hopefully SarahLIFE can help speed up the resolving of this issue for you.

FLight Attendant

Well, thanks to SarahLIFE, Quality Control finally got back to me. Seems none of them can figure out how the device got cracked like that, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the plastic. The plastic itself may be strong, but if it's not strong against impact forces, than it's gonna give way somewhere to relieve the pressure, just like concrete. Whatever the reason, they've issued a refund on my account and say I should see it in a few days or so. Happy to have a resolution

Also, CS said they issued a re-design for the product, so it looks like they might be tweaking a few things for a better quality product. I look forward to seeing the results!

FLight Attendant

My shower mount doesn't even stick to anything. Tried a solid wood table, very smooth, and it didn't stick. Nor the shower walls, which are kinda porous. I'll keep trying different surfaces but it looks like mines a bit defective.