Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.

Thread: What the F?

Banned

Exclamation What the F?

I received my STU a few weeks ago. The case was damaged but not enough to go through the trouble of getting a new one. And now, after using the sleeve exactly as instructed, cleaning it exactly as I should, it's basically falling apart I just noticed.

I've contacted support and hope to get a good representative, given the accounts of ppl having problems with them.

I'm hoping for a solution. I can't take a photo of the damage since I don't have a phone with a cam or a webcam. And asking to borrow someone else's camera is obviously out of the question when it comes to such personal matters.

I don't think it's fair to make sending a photo a requirement to begin with. It never used to be that way with any other companies, ever.

I wanted to order more in the future, but won't. I went from being enthusiatic about ILF to expecting that something will be wrong or poorly taken care of. I would say that for those prices you deserve a good product and I would be right. But setting the costs aside, one deserves the product one orders.

I hope this gets resolved appropriately, but I don't get my hopes up.

I'll keep you updated.

FLight Navigator

Default Re: What the F?

F = Fleshlight?

Without a close up picture of the damage on the fleshlight, there is little/nothing of a solution to hope for.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swedson View Post
    F = Fleshlight?

Without a close up picture of the damage on the fleshlight, there is little/nothing of a solution to hope for.
    F = Fuck.

If a close up picture of the damage is a necessity, that should have been made clear to the customer before they order. I never knew about this until I ran into problems. And I've ordered many things from many places and it was never an issue. One time I could keep the item I didn't order and they sent what I did order right away. And I got to keep the original item.

There is not a company I have ever ordered from who made things as complicated as ILF.

I can't believe they wouldn't just mail you out another case given the circumstances and the fact that it is your first one, right? I have had to take pics to send to CS when I received the wrong sleeve before and never really thought about how screwed you would be if you didn't have a camera.

My Reviews
    http://www.thepowerhousereviews.com/

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by jd02 View Post
    It never used to be that way with any other companies, ever.
    You're right. Generally, companies/vendors want you to send the item back so that they can fix/replace the issue. ILF probably doesn't want their products sent back because they don't want the headache of dealing with potentially hazardous materials (used toys). In any case, I think that they are awfully accommodating by only asking for photographs. Your predicament sounds unfortunate, but you can't blame them for not sending you $60-80 worth of their products for free without being able to verify the issue(s).
    Last edited by Lurker; 01-06-2013 at 02:25 AM.

FLight Attendant

From my experience , pretty much every company does that. Unless it's a size exchange or something like that.

FLight Captain

Yeah, I don't think asking for pictures is too much to ask. Otherwise everyone could just say theirs is damaged and expect to receive free stuff.

FLight Captain

I'm hoping for a solution. I can't take a photo of the damage since I don't have a phone with a cam or a webcam. And asking to borrow someone else's camera is obviously out of the question when it comes to such personal matters.

I don't think it's fair to make sending a photo a requirement to begin with. It never used to be that way with any other companies, ever.

I wanted to order more in the future, but won't. I went from being enthusiatic about ILF to expecting that something will be wrong or poorly taken care of. I would say that for those prices you deserve a good product and I would be right. But setting the costs aside, one deserves the product one orders.
    You must have never ordered from other sex toy companies. Most don't even offer returns or refunds for obvious reasons. The fact that ILF even does this just shows how much they do care about customer service.

Regarding cameras, they are in practically every electronic device these days. You can also find cheap disposable digital cameras at like Walgreens and the like.

FLight Navigator

time to get a cheap camera.its not like it would be a useless thing to have.

Airport Security

We cannot accept returns, especially if they have been used, because of the health hazard. We have very strict codes in place to make sure that nobody ever gets a used Fleshlight from someone else. If even one thing in a box of 50 returned items looks like it has been opened or used, we have to throw out the ENTIRE package immediately and we do not issue a refund. This is to protect our customers from the worry of getting someone else's used sex toy.

Therefore, we have to figure out some way to make sure that people's claims are legitimate. We get so many people trying to scam us out of free sleeves that if we didn't have a system of quality control and checks for these claims, we would go bankrupt. We are very happy to replace sleeves that are damaged or that weren't shipped correctly, but we need you to prove that the problem is as you say it is. This is why we ask for pictures.

Doesn't your laptop have a webcam or something? Do you not have a phone with a camera inside of it? The picture doesn't have to be high res... as long as it shows the damage it should be fine.

Finally - why is your sleeve falling apart? I have never heard of this happening before, unless you used something that was oil based as a lubricant (this includes oil based lubes, vaseline, most lotions, cooking oil, probably shampoo... a lot of normal household items).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLIFE View Post
    We cannot accept returns, especially if they have been used, because of the health hazard. We have very strict codes in place to make sure that nobody ever gets a used Fleshlight from someone else. If even one thing in a box of 50 returned items looks like it has been opened or used, we have to throw out the ENTIRE package immediately and we do not issue a refund. This is to protect our customers from the worry of getting someone else's used sex toy.

Therefore, we have to figure out some way to make sure that people's claims are legitimate. We get so many people trying to scam us out of free sleeves that if we didn't have a system of quality control and checks for these claims, we would go bankrupt. We are very happy to replace sleeves that are damaged or that weren't shipped correctly, but we need you to prove that the problem is as you say it is. This is why we ask for pictures.

Doesn't your laptop have a webcam or something? Do you not have a phone with a camera inside of it? The picture doesn't have to be high res... as long as it shows the damage it should be fine.

Finally - why is your sleeve falling apart? I have never heard of this happening before, unless you used something that was oil based as a lubricant (this includes oil based lubes, vaseline, most lotions, cooking oil, probably shampoo... a lot of normal household items).
    We've taken this to PM, so no need to comment on here. Except for: webcam is broken. No cam on my phone. I'm pretty much a self-taught computer expert, at least to know that I can't use anyone else's camera and have my privacy secure. Getting a cheap camera is no option for someone who needs to figure out how to get to the rest of the month getting food (in answer to 4x4.5). Chronic illness does not leave one with a lot of cash.

Only used water to clean and water based lubricants. Treated it very well. Followed all the instructions.

It was faulty when I received it, but it was only the case that was showing signs of it at first. But now, after a few weeks, the whole things seems to be a factory error. It's got tears and holes everywhere. Strangely enough even at the end of the sleeve, which I don't reach while using it.

Anyway, I've ordered things before from companies, not sex toy related. And sometimes got the wrong product. They simply told me to keep the one they sent and then sent me the right one. Or I simply got a refund, no returning needed.

But I've taken this to PM and customer support. After 4 million items sold, you can't give a customer a replacement? I have no reason to cheat. Some people might, but that would still be a small portion and one of the risks of doing business.

Anyway, at this point I'm not expecting much. So I bought an STU that lasted 3 or 4 weeks. Because I am suffering from illness and can't afford any camera, I get to lose the money I spent on it. I did read the FAQ. It said that if you treat your product well, it will last a lifetime.

Someone who has very little money takes perfect care of their stuff. I have read the FAQ and all the instuctions several times. I followed then all. Yes, even keeping it in a ventilated area for at least 24 hours.

I'm not expecting much from this. I'll keep it in PM and with customer support. Probably I will just have lost a relatively lot of money for me I set aside for this purchase and lost it.

Banned

Just so you know, after hearing about my situation, customer support decided to set up a reship for me. This is very nice of them and very professional.

They did add that for future purchases, a photo would be neccesery if something is wrong, but at least now I know beforehand.

I really appreciate this action from ILF and it has restored my full trust in the company.

FLight Captain

Just so you know, after hearing about my situation, customer support decided to set up a reship for me. This is very nice of them and very professional.

They did add that for future purchases, a photo would be neccesery if something is wrong, but at least now I know beforehand.

I really appreciate this action from ILF and it has restored my full trust in the company.
    Congrats, even if i don´t understand and not willing to respect this thread...

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by DaHorse View Post
    Congrats, even if i don´t understand and not willing to respect this thread...
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Check out the OP's testimonial at:
    https://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?31692-STU-testimonial

From heaven to hell in ~51 hours.

creakndale

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by creakndale View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Check out the OP's testimonial at:
    https://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?31692-STU-testimonial

From heaven to hell in ~51 hours.

creakndale
    Its not only the short time frame which is simply very amazing how things can change (to say it friendly), it the complete thread which let a certain person look like a total fool !

I mean, what are we basicly talking about here ? A defect sleeve, right ?

Its just the way it goes, ILF wants to see some kind of picture about it, it does´nt has to be some high-class HD stuff with millions of pixels and perfect light conditions...just a simple picture - nothing more !

Unfortintly, the OP was´nt able to hand over the pic, so ILF has finished his request with a no - what is just normal !

But what happend THEN simply looks like a lame joke to me. IMHO there are 3 ways to react.
    1) Get a pic done, no matter how.
    2) Stick with it and the FL is a write-off.
    3) Start a moaning thread, so you can set ILF unter pressure !

We all know, which way it went...

I think, many of us have had his own experience with ILF, with the CS Crew, with Sarah or or or - including me ! I won´t go into details, but whatever was going on, whatever was the topic/the problem which had to be solved, it all was talked about via PM (Sarah) or via Email (CS Crew) - and the result was always positive !

So, for me, its just looking so so wrong to try to turn tables and let the whole situation like ILF are the bad guys...but okay, others will think different then me, others will say, it won´t matter, as the situation is solved and something from the past...who knows !?!?

Banned

Horse, I know this is about me and if you knew the whole story you would understand. Part of it was posted here, a lot of it was going on with customer service and through PM.

Stop making me look like the bad guy.

Feel free to ask anything about this whole situation, but please don't judge based on the part you read here. Please do so in PM btw, the forum doesn't need this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHorse View Post
    Its not only the short time frame which is simply very amazing how things can change (to say it friendly), it the complete thread which let a certain person look like a total fool !

I mean, what are we basicly talking about here ? A defect sleeve, right ?

Its just the way it goes, ILF wants to see some kind of picture about it, it does´nt has to be some high-class HD stuff with millions of pixels and perfect light conditions...just a simple picture - nothing more !

Unfortintly, the OP was´nt able to hand over the pic, so ILF has finished his request with a no - what is just normal !

But what happend THEN simply looks like a lame joke to me. IMHO there are 3 ways to react.
    1) Get a pic done, no matter how.
    2) Stick with it and the FL is a write-off.
    3) Start a moaning thread, so you can set ILF unter pressure !

We all know, which way it went...

I think, many of us have had his own experience with ILF, with the CS Crew, with Sarah or or or - including me ! I won´t go into details, but whatever was going on, whatever was the topic/the problem which had to be solved, it all was talked about via PM (Sarah) or via Email (CS Crew) - and the result was always positive !

So, for me, its just looking so so wrong to try to turn tables and let the whole situation like ILF are the bad guys...but okay, others will think different then me, others will say, it won´t matter, as the situation is solved and something from the past...who knows !?!?

FLight Attendant

I have to say that things don't add up on this.:

1. Someone who is a "computer expert" would know that a camera can be set to store only to a memory card, which are removable and very cheap. The OP could get a memory card and put it into someone else's camera, borrowed, and easily take pictures, then remove the card with no record of the pictures being on the camera at all. The argument would then come back to food vs. memory card.

2. For someone who can't afford $5 - $10 bucks to get a camera or a memory card, he certainly seems to have a lot of money to throw away on future purchases of Fleshlights. Sorry, but if someone is starving, and a few bucks at the drug store is certainly too much to spend, that person is not going to have hundreds of bucks to spend on Fleshlights any time soon.

To me, that just tells me that the person is making a big scene hoping to get something out of it. A photo is not too much to ask. I would even guess that someone didn't read the instructions and ruined his toy, but doesn't want anyone to know. Just my opinion.

Banned

Yes, life is that hard for some people. Can't afford a camera or memory card. Never said I was starving but did have to skip a few days of warm meals to be able to make my purchase. Never said that I was going to spend hundreds of bucks on Fleshlights. Just that I was slowly saving a few bucks every once in a while to be able to make another purchase. Maybe in a year or so. Might have said that in PM and not here but now you know.

I've had to openly tell too much already to defend my position. It all adds up, it's valid and most of all, everyone, just leave me alone. I really feel no desire nor need to discuss this with everyone.

Customer support helped me. It's resolved. I'm an honest person.

Now stop this. I won't respond on the forum to this any longer. If you really must, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlinePersona View Post
    I have to say that things don't add up on this.:

1. Someone who is a "computer expert" would know that a camera can be set to store only to a memory card, which are removable and very cheap. The OP could get a memory card and put it into someone else's camera, borrowed, and easily take pictures, then remove the card with no record of the pictures being on the camera at all. The argument would then come back to food vs. memory card.

2. For someone who can't afford $5 - $10 bucks to get a camera or a memory card, he certainly seems to have a lot of money to throw away on future purchases of Fleshlights. Sorry, but if someone is starving, and a few bucks at the drug store is certainly too much to spend, that person is not going to have hundreds of bucks to spend on Fleshlights any time soon.

To me, that just tells me that the person is making a big scene hoping to get something out of it. A photo is not too much to ask. I would even guess that someone didn't read the instructions and ruined his toy, but doesn't want anyone to know. Just my opinion.

FLight Captain

They just simple need proof, ILF has great customer service. If I was in your situation I would've bought and returned a camera if I really couldn't get my hands on one and didn't feel like, or was unable to spend the money. I'm glad the situation was resolved