Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Maintaining FleshLight (Q?)

Hello FLighters,

I just ordered my first FleshLight today morning and it will arrive next week can't wait for it!

There are a couple of questions that crossed my mind, after reading a lot of forum posts about cleaning and maintaining your FL I still didn't reach a conclusion. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
    I came to you guys because you guys are somewhat more experienced in FL products than those people on youtube or whatsoever that have their first fleshlight, thinking that they are doing it the proper way and post a video about it. I've seen quite a few using SOAP... But I've carefully read the FAQs and posts in this forum to NOT USE SOAP. But sadly I couldn't find something that answers my questions(or I am just too stupid to find it). Such as how to properly use FleshWash. See below.

1. Fleshwash (FL store) ?

When and how to apply the Fleshwash properly(how often)?
    I have watched one or two videos and read a few posts. But I am not sure if it's the proper way to do it. Every post / video differed from eachother. I need a detailed how to apply if possible.
    Do you have to apply Fleshwash before using water / after using water / while using water to clean it?
    I read that you should never let Fleshwash get inside of the sleeve, so the best way is to spray 1 to 2 times outside of the sleeve and massage it with your fingers? Or just spray on it and let it be?

2. Renewing Powder (FL store) ?

When and how to apply the Renewing Powder properly?
    About this one, you should use the powder when the Sleeve is completely dry and powder a generous amount OUTSIDE of the sleeve and massage it with your hand until it builds a layer? Aswell never let the powder come inside of the sleeve right? I have read that once a week or whatsoever of the powder is enough, because all it does is remove the stickiness.
    So do I have to wash it the next time I use it or is it useable straight ahead.

3. How to dry it ?

I've seen various ways on how to dry it such as using a towel.
    People recommend to not use a towel because the dust inside the towel may stick on the surface of the sleeve. I do not want to use a towel either. So how to exactly dry it? After cleaning shake off the water and dry everything seperated. Especially the sleeve that bothers me. Do I have to put it vertical or horizontal while letting it dry, may I put it above the heater with a safe distance? Can I use something that hangs up the sleeve instead of it just laying there?

Everyone that has read through all this and is going to answer my questions. I really appreciate it and if we ever meet once, I'll buy you a drink.
    Last edited by AbcdCN; 01-23-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Airport Security

Default Re: Maintaining FleshLight (Q?)

Hello!

Though I am not as experienced as some of the people on these forums, I think I can answer some of these questions for you.

a) You're right - DO NOT USE SOAP. No matter what people on Youtube say.

1) Fleshwash can definitely go inside of the sleeve. Basically, it is safe-soap for your Fleshlight to sanitize it a little bit. What I would do is rinse it out (so that you get all of the ejaculate out of the sleeve) and then spray some down the hatch. Fill it up with water, shake it around, and then make sure it is fully rinsed out afterwards. Feel free to correct me, FL community, if I am wrong!

2) You don't want to "build a layer" around the outside of your sleeve with the Renewing Powder. Basically, you just want to dust your sleeve with the powder to keep it from getting sticky over time... no need to massage it in there! You're right, you shouldn't put the powder on the inside of the sleeve. This isn't because it will damage the sleeve, but because it won't feel very good next time you go to use it. The powder will gum up your lube and make it yucky. You should apply the Renewing Powder to the outside of the sleeve once it is completely dry, and you do not have to wash it off the sleeve before you go to use it the next time. You also do not have to use the Renewing Powder every time you wash your sleeve - just use it whenever you think it is getting too sticky to feel pleasant.

3) The best methods I have seen of drying your Fleshlight is to hang it from a towel rack, or to form a coat hanger that will hold it in your closet. Having the sleeve vertical will help the water drip out faster, whereas if it is horizontal the water might stagnate inside nodes in the texture. It doesn't really matter HOW you dry it so much as long as it gets dry in the end, because you do not want mold to grow on your sleeve. Keep it in a well-ventilated area (so not someplace stuffy and closed off) all separated from the case and whatnot, and it should be fine. You can put it over the heater, just make sure it is far enough away that the heater won't melt the sleeve. Look around the forums, there are some interesting hanging/drying methods out there that people have posted pictures of!

Airport Security

Check out the pictures in this thread:

https://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?13627-From-Coat-Hanger-to-FleshLight-Hanger-Part-2&highlight=hanger

and this

https://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?31261-My-Lotus-is-still-wet-even-though-I-let-it-dry-outside-the-case-overnight&highlight=towel+rack

and here:

https://forums.fleshlight.com/showthread.php?28598-fleshlight-should-sell-a-drying-rack!&highlight=towel+rack

Last edited by SarahLIFE; 01-23-2013 at 03:56 PM.

FLight Attendant

This has just answered all my Questions and the pictures of those self made FL holders are awesome!
    Really great community/moderators, friendly, precise and most important thing : FAST.

I am looking forward to my FL next week. And FL-Community please correct Sarah for mistakes, but I doubt there are any! Ha.

FLight Attendant

The coathanger one looks cool, gonna try this out.
    My FL is already sticky after 2 days, do i have to use the renewing powder or can i buy something at an local store ?
    As far i see is the renewing powder is 100% corn flour (corn starch), so can i buy this in a regular shop ?

FLight Captain

The renewing powder is just corn starch, so just buy it at your local store.

The stickiness varies because of the manufacturing process. Some sleeves are just sticker than others. You don't *have* to starch them, but it just helps you handle them easier.

Enjoy!

FLight Attendant

Oh, another question. I can't remember clearly what I've read. As far as I recall, you can put the sleeve back into the case after everything has dried and store it somewhere in a closet or whatsoever?

FLight First Officer

As far as maintenance, starting from when you first open your new Fleshlight, I wash off the cornstarch inside and out before use. After use there will be the combination of ejaculate, and lubrication. I do it a little different that SarahLIFE stated, I wash mine with warm water only to get the aforementioned clean from the inside and out of my Fleshlight’s, then I hold back end closed and squirt Isopropyl Alcohol in the orifice then hold both ends closed and slosh it around for a minute or two. Trying not to waste the alcohol I hold the back end higher than the orifice and a lot of the alcohol by gravity spill out onto the outside of the Fleshlight. I then take the bottle of alcohol and finish covering the entire outside of my Fleshlight, then I hang mine in my towel rack in the bathroom. I do own Flesh Wash and use that about every 8 to 10 uses of my Fleshlight’s but I still use the alcohol first then the Flesh Wash and hang it to dry.

Flesh Wash will make it take longer to dry than just using the alcohol but since I am OCD about things growing where I put my penis and I want to make sure that my Fleshlight’s are sanitary. I do like the ideas from the pictures for hanging the Fleshlight’s to dry, I just do not need the extra stuff because it is just my wife and I and I really have no place else to let a dripping Fleshlight dry other than my bathroom.

I do put 100% cornstarch on mine once they are completely dry. I am not trying to take business away from I.L.F., but even they tell you that what they call Renewing Powder is just 100% corn starch and you can get a box of it in your local super market in larger quantities for a lot less money.

For more maintenance tips read the thread Beginners Guide toFleshlight.

Happy flying and no worries can only happen with a well maintained Fleshlight in my opinion.

FLight Attendant

CumFlying, thank you for taking your time posting that much. But my Questions were all already answered. I only wanted to know how to apply the Fleshwash, Powder etc. As for reading the beginners guide, I read it before ordering my FL! But as I have stated in my first post that not all Questions were answered in that Guide and several other topics which I have read. Yet your post still had one or two points which helped me out.

Now I'm being annoying and repeat my other Question, ha!
    Oh, another question. I can't remember clearly what I've read. As far as I recall, you can put the sleeve back into the case after everything has dried and store it somewhere in a closet or whatsoever?

Airport Security

Quote Originally Posted by AbcdCN View Post
    I can't remember clearly what I've read. As far as I recall, you can put the sleeve back into the case after everything has dried and store it somewhere in a closet or whatsoever?
    Yes, you can absolutely store your sleeve in the case, closed up and in a closet or a drawer once it is dry. Won't hurt it at all, just make sure it is dry first (leave it hanging for like 24 hours?)

FLight First Officer

I understand. You are welcome. Also to add to SarahLIFE's last remark, when storing in the case make sure you leave the end and orifice caps in an open postion for air circulation.

FLight Attendant

About leaving the caps in an open position, will do!

Well, my FL has yet to arrive. So should I make a video while I unpack it, IN CASE it is damaged so I can get a new one? Or just unpack and if it's damaged I should just take a picture and send to the Customer Service. I've seen some posts where they didn't get a refund because they say those damages were not produced while manufacturing it, yet they claim it was like this when it arrived. The safest way is to record a video I guess? I doubt that it will have any problems, but there are always some sort of stuff you can't predict.

FLight First Officer

I would and hopefully you can pull stills from the video if you find something. If not try mounting your video camera and have a still camera too that way if you do have the unfortunate luck to get a defective one out of the box you can take stills while you do your video. If your camera(s) have the ability to show date and time while recording you have that feature on. I am sure you will be fine and happy flying.

FLight Attendant

Well, I don't have a camera except on my iPhone. But I think when the package arrives and it is still in that brown cardboard box, I can start recording. So everything is at the state it arrived. Sounds reasonable I think?

FLight First Officer

Well, I don't have a camera except on my iPhone. But I think when the package arrives and it is still in that brown cardboard box, I can start recording. So everything is at the state it arrived. Sounds reasonable I think?

That will work. All files are dated and time stamped anyway so you are fine. The best thing will be that you record video and pictures anyway and if something develops after the first few uses you will have documentation.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by CumFlying View Post
    That will work. All files are dated and time stamped anyway so you are fine. The best thing will be that you record video and pictures anyway and if something develops after the first few uses you will have documentation.
    That is a good idea! My FL has just arrived in France and it will leave France at Monday I guess. Scheduled delivery is at Wednesday and there is no way to speed it up. This is the longest week of my life, haven't been this excited for that long, lol. Really looking forward to my FL. I will undoubtably post a testimonial after my first Flight!

FLight Attendant

Hello FL Community.

Well my FL has just arrived today and I had my first FLight aswell. But there is one question left. When I purchased the STU it said there will be a booklet with some tips. Yet I had no booklet? Do I need to contact the Customer Service or was the booklet not included and was a seperate buy? I made a video for unpacking my brown cardboard box, with all contents in it aswell my STU sleeve but there was no booklet.

SOthisis

Hello FL Community.

Well my FL has just arrived today and I had my first FLight aswell. But there is one question left. When I purchased the STU it said there will be a booklet with some tips. Yet I had no booklet? Do I need to contact the Customer Service or was the booklet not included and was a seperate buy? I made a video for unpacking my brown cardboard box, with all contents in it aswell my STU sleeve but there was no booklet.
    contact customer service. they will send you the link to the booklet.

FLight Attendant

So it is an e-booklet afterall?

SOthisis

So it is an e-booklet afterall?
    yes. a great one too. lots of useful stuff in there.

FLight First Officer

It’s just a colorful pamphlet and there is not a lot of informationin it. It does have some maintenance tips in it though, most publicity.

SOthisis

Quote Originally Posted by CumFlying View Post
    It’s just a colorful pamphlet and there is not a lot of informationin it. It does have some maintenance tips in it though, most publicity.
    just wondering, are we talking about the same thing? the one i got contained info on finding the g-spot, how to kiss a girl in a way that turns her on, sex techniques, etc.. it wasn't a huge booklet, but i wouldn't call it a pamphlet. and i don't recall there being stuff about maintenance in there, though i may have forgotten.

FLight First Officer

I am sure they are not the same from your description. When I order a Fleshlight/Fleshjack the items in the box are:

1. Sleeve in clear plastic protection clam shell sealed with heavy duty staples.
    2. The case for the Fleshlight/Fleshjack.
    3. One or two samples of Flesh Lube.
    4. Pamphlet that either has pictures of the Fleshlight girls/Fleshjack boys.
    5. Packing list.

When the pamphlet is closed it says “CARE AND USAGE GUIDE”on one side and on the other side depending on which one, says “Fleshlight or Fleshjack. I would scan it and up load it to the forum but since it has to go to a hosting site I am not sure if I would be breaking rules doing that. SarahLIFE would have to let me know it that is ok. When you open from the side for Care and Usage guide it tells you about the white plastic tube that may be in the canal and then the rest of general maintenance instructions. On the other side, and the one I am looking at is a Fleshjack pamphlet, shows the Classic Jack Ass, Fleshjack boys, ICEjack and Design Your Own each having pictures and written description.

I have never gotten any small booklet with any of my Fleshlight’s or Fleshjack’s. When I place my next order maybe I will get one of what you are talking about.

SOthisis

the items in the box are the same as what i received. the pamphlet you mention is the standard one that gets sent with all orders.

the booklet for the stu is a pdf file. it talks about stuff like finding the g-spot, kissing and sex techniques, how to use the stu to build up stamina, etc.. it has 10 pages.

there's a link to it where you can download it but it seems that you didn't receive it. i'd open a ticket at customer service, they can send you the link.