Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Navigator

Default Have you ever been disappointed with a Fleshlight?

If so, which one was it and what did you do? Did you throw it away?

I bought the STU for my first one and it was amazing. However, I decided to buy a 2nd one today.

I ordered the Stoya Vagina, and I found it extremely disappointing.

FLight Navigator

Default Re: Have you ever been disappointed with a Fleshlight?

Quote Originally Posted by | Beast | View Post

I ordered the Stoya Vagina, and I found it extremely disappointing.
    Why are you disappointed with your Stoya? Do you have the Destroya insert?

FLight Navigator

I bought a Stealth Super Ribbed, a few years ago. It's the worst of all I've owned. The stealth orifice was annoying, and the texture was hardly noticeable at all. I do still have it, but not used it in about two years. Compared to all the others I've had/have, it was by far the most disappointing.

On the other hand, I love my STU and Stoya both. Though Stoya is perhaps a little TOO tight sometimes. It's the only FL I've ever struggled to finish with (though it may be entirely unrelated, I have other issues anyway).

FLight Navigator

I would say the only fleshlight I was ever really disappointed in was the ribbed and super ribbed and that was only because it hurt my penis head. Of course, that is only my own personal disappointment. I'm sure there are plenty out there who would miss the ribbed ones if they were ever to be discontinued. Other than that, I have been beyond happy with all the other fleshies... more so with the fleshlight girls. Between their material and their texture, fleshlight is the only male sex toy I will now buy.

FLight Captain

I think my ICE was my biggest letdown. I still have it but its my least used fleshie gal.....

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by lolo79 View Post
    Why are you disappointed with your Stoya? Do you have the Destroya insert?
    Ah, that is probably why. The one I got was a Stoya Lotus. FFS.

It made me cum, but the sensation just pales in comparison to my STU.

FLight Captain

My second Fleshlight was a Speed Bump. I disliked it so much I decided at the time never to buy another insert.

A sale on the STU a few months later brought me back. I thought it was fantastic, and now have more than 30 Fleshlights.

FLight First Officer

I have never been disappointed with any of the 12 I own, but there are so many textures I donít own there is always the possibility in the future of disappointment. I try like everyone else on this forum to choose carefully.

FLight Captain

Not all textures feel that great at first. I didn't like the Primal texture for close to 6 months after I got it. Then one day I pulled it out of storage and it all clicked and it felt great.

But if you have only given it a single FLight, you haven't really broken the texture in yet. You need to give it at least 5 uses to really work the material around and get all the starch out. I find that the time required to break the texture in, is proportional to the amount of texture inside. The Destroya has a lot going on, so it should take longer than normal before it truly shines.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by orlandot94 View Post
    Not all textures feel that great at first. I didn't like the Primal texture for close to 6 months after I got it. Then one day I pulled it out of storage and it all clicked and it felt great.

But if you have only given it a single FLight, you haven't really broken the texture in yet. You need to give it at least 5 uses to really work the material around and get all the starch out. I find that the time required to break the texture in, is proportional to the amount of texture inside. The Destroya has a lot going on, so it should take longer than normal before it truly shines.
    I didn't get the Destroya though, I got the Lotus, and I've just looked at the design. You need to be like 8 inches to get the best out of it. I'm 6 and a half and I only just break into the first section.

It's kind of a bad design that you have to have a big dick to make it work.

FLight First Officer

Out of the 30+ sleeves I own, Destroya and STU were the biggest disappoinments. I still own them but are rarely used.

FLight Navigator

So far, just the dragon and the cyborg. I still have a few I haven't used though

I have quite a few disappointments, but make no mistake, even the "worst" one I have is still so much better than my hand or any other toy I have used that it isn't even funny!

My Reviews
    http://www.thepowerhousereviews.com/

FLight Navigator

I've been disappointed with a number of sleeves, only to find after a few more Flights that I actually love them. For example, I absolutely hated Original for about a year, and now it is one of my all time favorites. One sleeve, though, just doesn't seem to work for me, and that is Maze. I've had a couple of excellent experiences with it, but it usually feels just blocky and dull. I hope that with a few more Flights I'll learn her secret, but so far it's been pretty much a bust.

FLight Navigator

When I first got my destroya I was so exited based on all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews. I was honestly a little disappointed at first. I don't know if it was simply too simulating or if it was the expectations or what. I used it a few times and then put it away for a few months. When I gave it another go some time later, I was amazed. I now love the insert and it is probably my most often used. So for what it is worth, give it a little time and give it another go.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by | Beast | View Post
    I didn't get the Destroya though, I got the Lotus, and I've just looked at the design. You need to be like 8 inches to get the best out of it. I'm 6 and a half and I only just break into the first section.

It's kind of a bad design that you have to have a big dick to make it work.
    Give it more time maybe? I'm about the same size as you and I <3 my Lotus. It's definitely more subtle than the STU, but now that I'm dialed into it (had it about 6 months now) I have really nice FLights and very powerful orgasms with it.

As an unfortunate side effect, I find my Destroya to be a little too intense now. I can still orgasm with it, but it feels a bit like it's assaulting my cock. Sometimes I'm in the mood for that, but Lotus/STU seem to be my main "go to" sleeves lately.

The one that I'm dissappointed with, though, is my ICE Crystal. I don't really care for the gumminess of the material, or the angular bumps. I feel like I'm boning a cyborg... if I had to toss one, it would be this one.

FLight Attendant

SIAC Swallow. Just didn't get it done :-(

FLight Attendant

I don't understand how people are hating the Destroya. I'm about 6.5"~ and I seem to land right in the sharp toothed chamber near climax which is insane stimulation.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by nou View Post
    I don't understand how people are hating the Destroya. I'm about 6.5"~ and I seem to land right in the sharp toothed chamber near climax which is insane stimulation.
    For some, like myself, it's a bit over the top. I loved it when I first got it, but like many others here I don't wish to become overly desensitized to the sensual feedback provided by an actual woman's vagina. Therefore I decided to add some more sublety to my sleeve collection. Turns out that "sensual deprivation" is a great form of cock-training. I'm much more aware of what my body is telling me during a session thanks to sleeves that don't overload my penis with sensual input.

There's a lot to be said for being able to "go all night", but not all in one session. If you can't cum with your woman at all, it will make her even more frustrated than if you were a "2 pump chump" that could do it 10 times in a night.

Having said that... I don't think Destroya is a bad sleeve. I just think it ought to be used in moderation. But to each their own.

FLight First Officer

Vibro Pink Lady with a mini vibrating bullet was the greatest disappointment. It just didn't do anything for me. Besides, it was the most expensive one. After ordering almost a dozen of FLs over a few years, our customs started to charge import tax on FLs. The first one I had to pay for extra was Vibro. This just added to miserable overall feeling.

After extensive modification this sleeve is now doing pretty well. I simply cut most of the little fingers inside.

FLight Attendant

The only disappointment is the lack of emotion. More precisely emotions on one side only. but functions are fine! really good)))))

FLight Attendant

The most disappointing flashlight that I own is the is the Vortex. I wanted something with an extreme texture when I purchased my first 3. I got the original, the wonder wave and the vortex. I have tried the vortex several times and only once did I enjoy it. I don't know why it was good that time but I haven't enjoyed it since. I don't even bring it out anymore. I love my wonder wave and super ribbed but my absolute favorite hands down is Stoya Destroya.

FLight Navigator

I am disappointed in the Blade and Alien inserts. Neither one really did anything for me. I used each one only once, now they just collect dust.

FLight Navigator

As I have shared elsewhere, I have been disappointed with the STU. There is such a hype over this that it is so intense. From my experience, it is less intense that my Original. I love the Original. There is such intensity when you milk your head, not so with the STU. For me the STU is just so smooth. It feels to me like you are screwing a hairless vagina, which is more than all right, by the way. I find the smooth feeling indicative what I like about the female body, but for me the STU is just not as intense. I don't feel the bumps at all, even if I use a less thick lube.

FLight Attendant

Only the lotus garden so far. The pink lady original became boring really quickly, but at least it was a little pleasurable at first

FLight Captain

I would say the most disappointing fleshlight I own is the Vortex. Just never got it and it just collects dust now.

A close second is Love Humps, but only because sometimes I just go limp after a while (I have had some incredible orgasms with Love Humps though)

FLight Attendant

I've owned so many. My first was the original lady. Compared to masturbators and hips I've tried before, I was in love right away. Next I ordered Wonder Wave, and the Ultra Tight. The WW gave one of the best experiences I've ever had with any FL. The UT was indeed just that, way way too tight. I was disappointed. Since then, I've ordered a stealth Ice, disappointing. I own a Tera Patrick Lotus, hands down my favorite. I have a Forbidden, disappointed. I have a Swallow, disappointed. A Flight Pilot stealth, disappointed. A STU, disappointed.

In my experience, anything Ice is disappointing, namely like mentioned before, they require a lot more maintenance as they get sticky much faster. The lack of pigmentation I think also takes away from the sensation. Anything from the FL Girls has better color and better feeling IMO. Like I said, I absolutely love my Lotus, I have the best orgasms with it and I can last up to 15 minutes if I choose. I also have the On A Mission mount to use it with. Makes the whole experience that much more mesmerizing.

For me, anything more smooth and open is more enjoyable than the tighter ones, but everyone is different. So my recommendation to anyone is if you are short on cash but want to experiment, then stick to similar textures if you find a first that suits you. If you enjoy the tight ones, stick to anything tight. If you enjoy more loose as I do, stay away from things like Forbidden and Swallow. Also, warming the FLs and lube can make for a better experience. And for easy clean-up, use a condom. I'm uncut, so sometimes condoms can start to feel as if they are rubbing me raw. But I found that the orgasms can be just as intense, especially if you add a few drops on the inside of the condom before putting it on.

FLight Navigator

I was disappointed with the Flight Pilot. I still give it a try now and then but it just doesn't do it for me. Too small, too intense, too hard to suspend reality. Love Humps is another one I've been trying to get to know. I bought it hoping it would feel just like it looks . Now I have it and it feels just like it looks :|.

I have the same problem with the Lotus Garden as with the Flight but fr some reason I can't explain, the LG is one of my favorite sleeves. I know I like the way it keeps sliding when I take a break, sorta takes control away but that doesn't account for my love of it. All I can think is that the lotus node is just ace whereas teeth and ribs are kinda hmmmm. Whatever the reason, dick-mood isn't rational.

Not that I'm disappointed with it but I haven't used my Mini-Maid Original in at least six months. I think I've become spoiled.

FLight Attendant

A long time ago, I had an original. I didn't really care for it, just wasn't quite "enough" for me, but I was new to the whole fleshlight thing so that may have been the problem.

Both SIACs were disappointing to me at first, as they were far too tight to use with the case on. I still don't like the lotus one, but the forbidden is actually quite good if I use it caseless.

The 'Dragon' texture was, by far, the most disappointing sleeve I've tried. The bumps on the inside were just way too intense for me, I didn't care for it at all. I wish they would have done it without the spiral and bumps, the ripples looked like they would have felt great alone.

I also have two sleeves I'm just undecided on. Sometimes Love Humps works for me, other times not. The first three or four times I used my Lotus Garden sleeve I lasted just a few minutes. Every time since then, I couldn't get off. No idea why.

FLight Navigator

Lightbulb Re: Have you ever been disappointed with a Fleshlight?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWeasel View Post
    ... Both SIACs were disappointing to me at first, as they were far too tight to use with the case on. I still don't like the lotus one, but the forbidden is actually quite good if I use it caseless. ...

Quote Originally Posted by poppafatz View Post
    I was disappointed with the Flight Pilot. I still give it a try now and then but it just doesn't do it for me. Too small, too intense, too hard to suspend reality. ...

Guys, I had the same complaints about my original series SIAC 3-pack, and suggest you try the ridiculously easy "trim (one or more of) the 4 fins in the case part" mod on your SIAC/Flight sleeves. If you look at the original FL patent (actually the second one), it specifically states they're not only designed in for stability, but also to add to the tightness sensation. Naturally, since these sleeves are designed to be scaled-down and tighter, this would be the obvious first place to start looking for material to remove to get some more "wiggle room".

I did this recently with the MiniLotus since it's the only one of the three still sleeves still available in current production, and decided to begin by experimenting with carefully removing just 2 fins, leaving just a few very thin millimeters of material behind so there'd be no weak spots or accidental holes in the canal. I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I believe it was the top and bottom fins, thinking it'd allow for both more natural in/out movement and emulation of the feeling of feminine pelvic/thigh muscle squeezing from the sides.

While I've only given it a couple tries in the current configuration (and still prefer standard-sized FLs), it's already made a noticeable difference. For now, I think I'm going to leave it this way for a while to give it a full and honest evaluation. Next up, the decision will be to either try the same number on my MiniVortex to compare fins vs. texture, or simply go all-out and lose the other two in the ML.

If you lose all four fins and still aren't happy, I've heard other guys have also had success sanding or Dremeling down the holder ring on the neck of the can a bit; thought I might need to do that too, but just the fin removal's already done a lot more than I thought it would, so I'm leaving that part untouched for now and just working with the fins (or lack thereof).

If you've basically given up on your SIACs/Flights after giving them as complete a workout as you possibly can, you probably don't have much to lose and really should consider giving this simple mod a try. All you need is a good sharp knife, a sturdy cutting surface, and a steady hand, or just the latter with a sharp pair of scissors, which is what I used.

Try it....you might be pleasantly surprised.....and if you do, would love to hear what you did, and what you think!

FLight First Officer

The only time I was disappointed was with my STU and to some degree my Blade. Both are too harsh on my cock and it goes numb. That said, I'm sure they are great textures for lots of guys, I just don't think anything that intense is a good idea for a first purchase before a guy know just how much intensity actually feels good for the guy. My disappointment with those two does not come close to outweighing how great my other textures are.

FLight Attendant

tbh I feel a little disappointed with my ice lady. It gets the job done but hasn't felt mind-blowing yet. And I think getting a butt with a speed bump or wonder wave would have felt a lot better, even if I couldn't watch myself.