Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 151 to 173 of 173
  1. #151
    FLight Navigator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    I think you are incorrect. I don't think I am unique in saying that I do buy fleshlight girls and their different textures in-part for the fact that the girl's vagina is molded to the outside of the sleeve and the fact that they each have their signature interior texture. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to get them all before the sell-out ends. I am still missing Torrid, Dragon, and Maze. Hopefully I am able to pick them up while they are still available. I am still saddened by this change. I really don't want to see the signature line go.

  2. #152
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    I would say that the girls are an important factor, but the uniqueness of the various inserts is the closer. Take Teagan for example, I normally would not be remotely interested in the Love Humps texture had I not been a huge fan of her's for a long time. So yes, the girl is the 1st factor in my decision to get a FLG, but only the uniqueness of the textures justifies me pulling the trigger. I'd get a texture I'm not too sure about, if I'm a huge fan of the girl, over a well renowned texture yes.

    Having all the girls have the same texture gives me no incentive to get any more, sure I'd love to have a Stoya or Misty Swallow, but I have Jenna already, so there's no point. After having the girls I'm a fan of first, then I grab the textures of interest that belong to girls I wouldn't necessarily look twice at.

  3. #153
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty1234 View Post
    I would say that the girls are an important factor, but the uniqueness of the various inserts is the closer.
    So the texture is the closer and the exterior would not matter as much.

    Quote Originally Posted by secretsexpoet View Post
    I think you are incorrect. I don't think I am unique in saying that I do buy fleshlight girls and their different textures in-part for the fact that the girl's vagina is molded to the outside of the sleeve and the fact that they each have their signature interior texture.
    But do you buy it for the girl or texture?

    So If I'm correct you both buy them for the texture and since the texture is linked to the girl and vice versa it's a win win situation? I think that's what you both say. Now that the company says that they'll keep the girl/models/actresses but change the inserts to the regular. Would you both still buy them if the inserts were only the lotus, swallow and forbidden? (since you already got many and what't the point of having 4 swallows right? for $60-$70 bucks I don't care who it's modeled after, the swallow insert for actress 1 is the same as the swallow insert for actress 2 for example.)
    What I meant to say in my previous post was that people would rather have different textures instead of different exteriors. And although I'm new on the forum, I got the idea that people collect the different fleshlights mostly for their textures. Instead of buying it mostly for the girl and her signature texture is a nice addition. Let me ask it differently, would you buy a jesse jane lotus, and a stoya lotus, asa akira lotus etc? I personally don't think so but I'm interested in your answer. Also would you think it's wiser to keep the girls or the textures. Please don't say both cause that's not gonna happen.

    The company is changing it's direction, probably because it's too expensive to keep all the different textures, or it's hard to keep the quality high with so many textures (I don't know if this is the case but when I look at many other manufacturers of electronics for example it is the case), or they want to introduce special blow out sales where they offer a special texture for a short while. (January = vortex, February = stoya-destoyer or whatever it's called March = ... etc.) <- which could be the case to boost up the sales. There are different business models which could be used and time will tell which one is chosen. As I mentioned before I think they will go the Apple route and keep it simple.

  4. #154
    FLight Navigator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    If you happen to buy a fleshlight signature girl, you will find that the latex or whatever they use is a different material than they use for the fleshlight lady, mouth, anus, even for the freaks, alien, or ice. For me, the material itself was the selling point. I'm also a huge fan of buying the molds of the actual porn star's pussies. I have a large enough collection whereas buying 5 to 6 more girls with all the same lotus texture is just redundant and unnecessary. The textures are, in addition to the latex material and the girl, indeed the last selling point for me. I guess if I had to answer the question you presented to me, I would say that material they use in the fleshlight girls is what really sells me (i.e. the material is a softer, more skin-like feel than the rest of fleshlight's line). Except for the suck-u-dry SAC, all the other fleshlights are made with a different, slightly less pliable material than the girls. Even if they presented all the textures available in the regular fleshlights (not the signature girls), I probably wouldn't buy them. The fact that the girls had the exclusive latex material that was softer and more skin-like then the rest of their lineup is the only reason I buy a great many fleshlights from them instead of finding my hand masturbators elsewhere.

  5. #155
    FLight Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by secretsexpoet View Post
    If you happen to buy a fleshlight signature girl, you will find that the latex or whatever they use is a different material than they use for the fleshlight lady, mouth, anus, even for the freaks, alien, or ice. For me, the material itself was the selling point. I'm also a huge fan of buying the molds of the actual porn star's pussies.
    Agreed. I have 9 FLG sleeves, looking at 3 more and I'm trying to go for no repeated orifices.

  6. #156
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    I was also surprised with the email announcement at first. But come to think of it -- it's probably just a rational business decision. Meaning, it probably costs more to maintain licenses with the "stars" than the income received from sales of these sleeves.

    Face it, the "signature sleeves" are nothing more than a custom-molded entrance part and the signature on it. It's really just a "psychological" effect that has no impact whatsoever on the overall quality of the product as well as the inside textures (which matters most). It can easily be "reproduced" by your imagination. I assume of course that the textures themselves won't be discontinued (they're not licensed by the "stars"), they'll just be sold with some generic vagina/mouth/anus design.
    My 1 cent...

  7. #157
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Actually, we've been told in the past that the textures ARE exclusive with the stars. As such, they couldn't offer the FJB textures with FLG's and vice versa. At least I think that's what we were told previously.

    On another note...I think people are making too much about the "contracts" and "licenses" for the girls. I don't think it's right to be spouting off about that stuff when nobody really knows any of the financial numbers.

  8. #158
    FLight First Officer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    DK
    Posts
    691

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fly2learn View Post
    Actually, we've been told in the past that the textures ARE exclusive with the stars. As such, they couldn't offer the FJB textures with FLG's and vice versa. At least I think that's what we were told previously.
    That is by ILF's choice and not a licensing thing. ILF have licensed each girls name and orifice and not the texture inside. ILF own the textures and can do whatever they want.

  9. #159
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    This is just a guess, but I have a feeling that there may have been some legal rumblings on the part of some of the girls because the earning potential for their deals were negatively impacted by their exclusive texture not being on par with the textures of other girls. When they sign these deals, they probably represent some average revenue projections, but in reality some of these sleeves must profoundly outsell the others due to the perceived desirability of certain textures over others.

    By slapping them all with the exact same textures moving forward, they diffuse any such claims and the signature girls will sell better or worse relative to the others based entirely on the aesthetic and fan followings of each girl, rather than the exclusive texture paired with each.

    If so, seems like those representing the stars just shot themselves in the foot, since it's likely now that all signature series girls will sell much fewer units over time. The playing field will be more equal, put the entire pie will be much smaller.

    If this is even close to being the case, my recommendation to Fleshlight would be to create a new line utilizing the most popular of the signature textures, using the same material as the signature series and using one or more new orifices taken from real girls who are not stars and who only get paid for the molds, receiving no royalties. The Pink lady material and orifice just do not appeal to me, but I also could really care less if the orifice is modeled after a porn star. I think maybe three separate vulvas to appeal to different tastes would be perfect, an "innie", with less pronounces inner labia, one with average inner labia and one with large, spread inner labia.

    If, for what ever reason, they prefer not to exactly duplicate any of the current textures, I think they've shown over the past year that they can get pretty creative with mixing and matching previous, improved or new elements into unique textures. Just please offer some real variety! We probably don't need 20+ textures. Maybe 5 based on the best selling textures, or slight reworkings of the same, with maybe one new texture every six months. They could even make each new texture a "limited run" of six months, with the chance that the best sellers could either become part of the permanent selection or return for limited runs in the future.

    Just please, don't let the new signature line with Lotus texture be the only non-pink lady choices, the only sleeves with that material or the only sleeves with orifices based on real girls. Give us a more manageable range of quality options and everything will be good moving forward!

  10. #160
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    As to why handle it this way, this seems the best way to clear their warehouses of all current Signature stock so that they can start fresh moving forward with out having to manage a load of discontinued product. These current sleeves are not any less desirable than they were before the announcement, I'm not expecting some new product to come out that slays the current ones, but demand can only be increased as people grab up products from an entire slew of truly limited edition sleeves.

    I can hope some of us are right and that there will be new products with kick ass textures to replace the signature series, but for now we can only be certain of the sleeves currently in stock and for sale, which makes it much easier for them to clear out that stock to make way for what ever their planned products will be for the future.

  11. #161
    FLight First Officer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jammin' on my bass in Indio, CA
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Hello everyone this is FULL FORCE STEVE, this is my new profile. Ive been having issues logging into my profile and at first i thought i was banned for some negative comments i made on this thread because i was frustrated with IFl ditching the signature textures, but after working with customer service it turns out that i was having issues with my computer not letting my passwords work anymore so my only option was to start a new profile. I really did miss being a part of the fleshlight community here, everybody here are good people.

    I'm hoping to grab up some of the flgs before they disappear, and i found a visa gift card from christmas so i think im going to make my very first $100 purchase. Im definitely getting the heavenly, and Im trying to decide between Tornado, Nipple Ally, or Torrid. Im a huge fan of alexis texas and tori black, to me tori black has the most beautiful face ive ever seen on a pornstar. I already own the Bookworm and STU so i wonder if they would be too similar to textures i already own. I have never really been a fan of the STU mostly because of the oriface but i think Riley Steel has a really pretty mold. Ive heard some really good reviews of the torrid although i admit from the pic it looks slightly underwhelming and I think Im leaning more towards the torrid of the three.
    Can anyone give me some advice?

  12. #162
    FLight First Officer
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Outaouais of Quebec
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    So how is this thing going? Any textures sold out yet?

  13. #163
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    spoke to two of the people in charge, one told me that updates will happen as soon as all the textures are sold out and another told me that by May ish time they would be putting the changes into action. I personally can't wait to see what they've come up with and hope that it'll be revealed in a matter of weeks!

  14. #164
    FLight Navigator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoGotGame View Post
    spoke to two of the people in charge, one told me that updates will happen as soon as all the textures are sold out and another told me that by May ish time they would be putting the changes into action. I personally can't wait to see what they've come up with and hope that it'll be revealed in a matter of weeks!
    I can't wait either!
    Sure would be a big laugh at all these guys whining about the discontinuation of the signature sleeves only to see ILF come up with a whole new better line up in the future. ILF hasn't disappointed me whatsoever!

  15. #165
    FLight Navigator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Many people here brought fourth good comments and I would like to pitch in as well. One aspect I think is sort of being overlooked is that there is a concept of stagnant consumer choice. As a man who has a 3.75-4 inch penis my choices were VERY limited. Short of buying sex in a can which I can't say I would like to purchase, I really wanted to experience more. Unfortunately for those of us less endowed out of dozens and dozens there are only like 4 that are worth buying... stuff with repetitive texture and for that reason alone I can see how they are keeping and or introducing molded vaginas with repetitive textures to appeal to the less fortunate.

    My take on this (as a person with 6 flesh lights (2 now retired and no longer in my possession)) I can't reach beyond 4 inches into my stoya which really irritates my ego because there is some good stuff just beyond the tip of my penis. My baracuda, speed bump and mini lotus do a very nice job for me. Stoya is like "afterboost" which stimulates the tip of my penis rather than entire thing like it does for you guys.

    I hope with this unwelcome change ILF will very seriously consider revamping their product line so it appeals to everyone. I WOULD HAVE purchased 20+ fleshies have I been long enough. But alas mother nature is cruel so I make do with what I have.

    I would be the first in line to start buying textures that us smaller guys can use that are not in flight line or in sex in a can line.

    Until ILF announces anything of substance I guess the only thing we can do is sit and wait.

  16. #166
    FLight First Officer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    687

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Good points IRRabbit! After ILF made that announcement, it didn't sadden me that much, for the same reasons that you said. I thought that since ILF is just offering the lotus only for the girls, they should also offer the mini-lotus as well for us smaller guys!

    It would be awesome if someone could post reviews from our point of view. I know some reviews mention sizes, but it would be cool if there could be a comparison of the different sleeves (with us in mind). Although it might be pointless now!

    BTW, I was considering getting a destroya, but now it looks like a lot if it would be wasted on me. Thanks, Now I'll check out the barracuda, speed bump etc. And stick to the repetitive textures. My first choice was the love humps, and it's pretty good for me.

  17. #167
    FLight First Officer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jammin' on my bass in Indio, CA
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbean View Post
    Good points IRRabbit! After ILF made that announcement, it didn't sadden me that much, for the same reasons that you said. I thought that since ILF is just offering the lotus only for the girls, they should also offer the mini-lotus as well for us smaller guys!

    It would be awesome if someone could post reviews from our point of view. I know some reviews mention sizes, but it would be cool if there could be a comparison of the different sleeves (with us in mind). Although it might be pointless now!

    BTW, I was considering getting a destroya, but now it looks like a lot if it would be wasted on me. Thanks, Now I'll check out the barracuda, speed bump etc. And stick to the repetitive textures. My first choice was the love humps, and it's pretty good for me.
    Mr bean and IRRabbit do make some valid points, i guess i never thought from that aspect before. Iv'e been fortunate to have been blessed with being averaged size, about 5-5.5" x 5.5". On my destroya i can reach all three sets of the fangs and they are the most enjoyable part of the texture to me, I don't own barracuda but i would imagine the fangs would feel similar to the destroya. Love humps is an excellent texture and i think bookworm would also be a good choice for someone smaller because it's repetitive and a very nice texture all together. I am disappointed that i won't be able to get all of the flg's i wanted before they run out but i guess i'll just to wait and see what IFL has planned, I'm really hoping it's new signature textures or a full hip mount.

  18. #168
    FLight Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,375

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IRRabbit View Post
    My take on this (as a person with 6 flesh lights (2 now retired and no longer in my possession)) I can't reach beyond 4 inches into my stoya which really irritates my ego because there is some good stuff just beyond the tip of my penis. My baracuda, speed bump and mini lotus do a very nice job for me. Stoya is like "afterboost" which stimulates the tip of my penis rather than entire thing like it does for you guys.

    I hope with this unwelcome change ILF will very seriously consider revamping their product line so it appeals to everyone. I WOULD HAVE purchased 20+ fleshies have I been long enough. But alas mother nature is cruel so I make do with what I have.

    I would be the first in line to start buying textures that us smaller guys can use that are not in flight line or in sex in a can line.
    I have a couple of thoughts here, but first, why are the FLights and SIACs unacceptable? They are both 6" in length, much more in line with the average penis size, unlike the standard cases which are 9".

    Also, this unwelcome change will only hurt people with small cocks since they are now limited to 3 choices on FLGs: Lotus, Forbidden, and Swallow, all of which aren't even that usable with a smaller cock. At least with the Signature textures, even though you can't reach the length of the canal, you do get a large variety in the 4" you can reach, which is more variety than the 3 choices you have now.

    Going further into the variety point, all of the multi-textured sleeves have parts that not everyone can reach. I'm 6" long so there are a full 3" of texture that I miss on every multi-textured sleeves, but this doesn't stop my from enjoying what I can reach. I write reviews based on what I can feel, not on what I can't, and what I can feel is quite spectacular.

    Therefore, I would focus more on what you feel in those first 4" and review reach texture based on that, not on what is just beyond your reach. Looks can be deceiving, so don't look at the pictures online of the texture, but instead judge them on what you *can* feel, even if it is only 4 inches worth of the sleeve.

  19. #169
    FLight First Officer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jammin' on my bass in Indio, CA
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by orlandot94 View Post
    I have a couple of thoughts here, but first, why are the FLights and SIACs unacceptable? They are both 6" in length, much more in line with the average penis size, unlike the standard cases which are 9".

    Also, this unwelcome change will only hurt people with small cocks since they are now limited to 3 choices on FLGs: Lotus, Forbidden, and Swallow, all of which aren't even that usable with a smaller cock. At least with the Signature textures, even though you can't reach the length of the canal, you do get a large variety in the 4" you can reach, which is more variety than the 3 choices you have now.

    Going further into the variety point, all of the multi-textured sleeves have parts that not everyone can reach. I'm 6" long so there are a full 3" of texture that I miss on every multi-textured sleeves, but this doesn't stop my from enjoying what I can reach. I write reviews based on what I can feel, not on what I can't, and what I can feel is quite spectacular.

    Therefore, I would focus more on what you feel in those first 4" and review reach texture based on that, not on what is just beyond your reach. Looks can be deceiving, so don't look at the pictures online of the texture, but instead judge them on what you *can* feel, even if it is only 4 inches worth of the sleeve.
    Mostly i don't like the SIAC's or Flight because they are too tight for me or just not to a level that is comfortable for me, the biggest reason i like the full size fleshlights is because the tightness is just right for me and for the most part i can reach about half or more of the texture. Most of the times the best parts of the textures are within the first 5 or so inches, like with the heavenly even though i haven't received mine yet i'm pretty sure i could reach the lotus node after the forbidden section. I am perfectly satisfied with only being able to reach half of the texture because i can still get alot of enjoyment from what i am able to feel.

    I do agree that only offering lotus, swallow, and forbidden will hurt the people that are smaller cuz with the lotus you have to be about 5 inches just to reach the lotus node and with the swallow i cant reach the ultra tight section.

  20. #170
    FLight Attendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Hm I dont know, I'm almost 7" with quite some girth. All I can hope is that the way they'll go will not be mainly flight and sex-in-a-can stuff... And I can't reach everything either... I understand your point, but As others mentioned, I think there are quite some textures where the first 4-5 Inches are great. I like the first third of my ICE Crystal way better than the rest for example. Surely, some textures may be not suited best for the smaller people, but from what I can see I think thats only the case for a few of them. I mean dragon, twista, texas tornado, bookworm, lotus garden, mini lotus, torrid, nipple alley.. Can't imagine that they all are not worth it for the first 4-5 inches.

  21. #171
    FLight Navigator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    I'm in the average size group with about 5.5 x 5.5 size and have been asking for more choices in the SIAC line for a while but I don;t think adding to that area should mean losing stuff from the regular lines. No reason why there can't be choices for both. Just think it would have better if ILF had maybe at least outlined what they were planning on doing instead of just saying the FLG signature textures were going away. It's human nature to think the worst sometimes and the fact that they haven't really commented has made the speculation bad when who knows it may end up being a good thing.

    For me though if I were to buy a bunch of FLG stuff I think the texture is just as important if not more so than the mold of the girl. I mean yeah having the mold of a few of your favorite porn stars is great but it's repetitive when they all have the same texture. Limits the consumer base I would think too and makes it where they may end up buying just their absolute favorite girl instead of getting a few or more since they're all the same texture anyway. Just have to wait and see I guess.

  22. #172
    FLight Navigator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    I do not want to own 65 sex toys that do not work with each other. sex in a can and flight are not interchangeable with my flesh light case. If they were, I would still not buy them because they essentially are very simplified textures of what you can order from DIY tool on the website.

    I wanted to pick FLG because they offered unique textures. Miela for example offers an experience I would never be able to experience with a lotus and she is not offered in SIAC anyways.

    Think of it this way. If you could order 20 inch long sleeves and you were 5 inches long and first set of "texture" started at 7 inches you would be SOL... that is exactly why smaller guys do not start spending cash on a whole large selection of available sleeves.

    Someone mentioned that I should not judge a picture for size estimation. Good advice but I know for a fact that based on powerhousereview's website his length recommendations were pretty much spot on. My middle finger is about as long as my penis so even with that as my bench mark I was able to get to 1st chamber with teeth on stoya but not further.

    I don't know... its one of those things where I am on the low end of the bell curve so I can't expect ILF to just drop everything and cater to me as a client because most of their clients are significantly more endowed. From a perspective of a small man (and I am sure there are hundreds of millions of us out there)... our options are rather limited.

    From standpoint of molding these things it would be wonderful if there was a choice of size for the insert. Stoya normal, stoya small, bi-hive normal, bi-hive small etc etc etc. Just minimize the sleeve thing and capow.

  23. #173
    FLight First Officer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jammin' on my bass in Indio, CA
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: Fleshlight Girls Changes Coming!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IRRabbit View Post
    I do not want to own 65 sex toys that do not work with each other. sex in a can and flight are not interchangeable with my flesh light case. If they were, I would still not buy them because they essentially are very simplified textures of what you can order from DIY tool on the website.

    I wanted to pick FLG because they offered unique textures. Miela for example offers an experience I would never be able to experience with a lotus and she is not offered in SIAC anyways.

    Think of it this way. If you could order 20 inch long sleeves and you were 5 inches long and first set of "texture" started at 7 inches you would be SOL... that is exactly why smaller guys do not start spending cash on a whole large selection of available sleeves.

    Someone mentioned that I should not judge a picture for size estimation. Good advice but I know for a fact that based on powerhousereview's website his length recommendations were pretty much spot on. My middle finger is about as long as my penis so even with that as my bench mark I was able to get to 1st chamber with teeth on stoya but not further.

    I don't know... its one of those things where I am on the low end of the bell curve so I can't expect ILF to just drop everything and cater to me as a client because most of their clients are significantly more endowed. From a perspective of a small man (and I am sure there are hundreds of millions of us out there)... our options are rather limited.

    From standpoint of molding these things it would be wonderful if there was a choice of size for the insert. Stoya normal, stoya small, bi-hive normal, bi-hive small etc etc etc. Just minimize the sleeve thing and capow.
    You might be on to something there, I think it would be a great idea to offer a mini version of the most popular textures. I absolutely love my mini lotus but as im sure many people agree, the original lotus doesn't offer much for someone under 7". Personally though, if they were to offer mini versions of textures i wouldn't buy them if they were implemented into flight or SIAC because of my girth which makes those very uncomfortable for me.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top