Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Navigator

Default My "TurboFan" Sleeve Dryer

This is my DIY sleeve dryer. I call it the TurboFan because it looks similar to an airplane jet engine (Turbofan).

I got the idea from the "DIY Sleeve Dryer" thread with Pantyhunter's design. I was actually intending to make one like that where it fit into the opening but I was working with an 80mm fan that I had available and found the airflow was being restricted too much by all the reduction in sizes in the PVC. Since the FL end cap was practically the same size as the 1 1/2" end of the bell reducer I decided to attach it right to the FL cap. I had to sacrifice both caps from one of my cases but it is well worth it.

Fan and ducting attached to a drilled out FL end cap. Thread FL case on with sleeve inside.

The full unit with both caps attached.

Stand up and plug in. Gravity helps drain water out of lotus nodes and the like while downward airflow dries the sleeve. Venting holes are in the large cap.

There is some moisture around where the sleeve fits into the front retaining ring of the case, otherwise it dries rather quickly. I don't have exact times because I usually plug it in at night and let it go while I sleep.

Parts used:
    80mm computer case fan
    AC/DC power adapter in the 9-12V range (mine is 9V)
    3" PVC pipe (I got a 3" section which I also used for making a couple hands-free mounts)
    3" to 1 1/2" PVC bell reducer
    Small eyelet screws
    Zipties
    Electrical tape
    1 7/8" hole saw
    1/4" drill bit

I drilled out the small cap with a 1 7/8" hole saw that I already had. Used electrical tape to attach it to the bell reducer. Put 4 eyelet screws around the 3" PVC pipe and used zipties to hold the fan to eyelets. The fan is mounted with airflow going in. The power adapter is wired directly to the positive and negative fan wires. There are 4 venting holes drilled around the sizes of the large cap.

FLight First Officer

Default Re: My "TurboFan" Sleeve Dryer

I have built a few iterations of case fan driers and, in my experience, sucking the air through the sleeve is more effective than trying to blow it through. If you had an air pump, that would work well for forcing air through, but PC case fans don't generate enough pressure in this application.

FLight Navigator

This dried my Tornado within an hour.

FLight Navigator

a how to video would be helpful

FLight Captain

nice

FLight Attendant

There is not better motivator than sexual relief, and innovation follows motivation. Good work. I might not bother sadly, I have a WindMachine tilting fan that works perfectly for quick drying whe pointed straight up so I have no need to sacrifice the bottom cap on my only case I own yet.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by TBonez87670 View Post
    There is not better motivator than sexual relief, and innovation follows motivation. Good work.
    Thanks. I was working on getting the parts and putting it together before my first order arrived. That is first order in several years, my old sleeves were not worth keeping and I think not getting dry enough inside was the major reason.

FLight Navigator

ILF should really sell something like this, an end cap sized connector with a fan. Maybe simply USB powered to avoid international plug issues. I'd buy one.

FLight Navigator

I have best results with smaller fan pushing from backwards trough the sleeve.With slow puller on front - orifice, I had my fleshies dried way under 30min.

FLight Attendant

Hi everyone,

I just received my first FL yesterday (Stoya's Destroya & Forbiden, f***ing impressive btw), and I was looking for a way to dry the sleeves effectively.

Here's what I came up with :

The tube is glued on an old GPU fan I had, that I connected to a USB cable.
    Works perfectly !

FLight Attendant

Simple and impressive setups here, nice thinking.