This is my DIY sleeve dryer. I call it the TurboFan because it looks similar to an airplane jet engine (Turbofan).
I got the idea from the "DIY Sleeve Dryer" thread with Pantyhunter's design. I was actually intending to make one like that where it fit into the opening but I was working with an 80mm fan that I had available and found the airflow was being restricted too much by all the reduction in sizes in the PVC. Since the FL end cap was practically the same size as the 1 1/2" end of the bell reducer I decided to attach it right to the FL cap. I had to sacrifice both caps from one of my cases but it is well worth it.
Fan and ducting attached to a drilled out FL end cap. Thread FL case on with sleeve inside.
The full unit with both caps attached.
Stand up and plug in. Gravity helps drain water out of lotus nodes and the like while downward airflow dries the sleeve. Venting holes are in the large cap.
There is some moisture around where the sleeve fits into the front retaining ring of the case, otherwise it dries rather quickly. I don't have exact times because I usually plug it in at night and let it go while I sleep.
80mm computer case fan
AC/DC power adapter in the 9-12V range (mine is 9V)
3" PVC pipe (I got a 3" section which I also used for making a couple hands-free mounts)
3" to 1 1/2" PVC bell reducer
Small eyelet screws
1 7/8" hole saw
1/4" drill bit
I drilled out the small cap with a 1 7/8" hole saw that I already had. Used electrical tape to attach it to the bell reducer. Put 4 eyelet screws around the 3" PVC pipe and used zipties to hold the fan to eyelets. The fan is mounted with airflow going in. The power adapter is wired directly to the positive and negative fan wires. There are 4 venting holes drilled around the sizes of the large cap.