Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default DGS vs Performance Anxiety

Hello flyers... Looking for some insight and advice here. A few weeks back I had sex for the first time. It felt great, and I loved practically every minute of it, but here's the problem... I had a very difficult time finishing. Every time I felt I was building up to an orgasm, I ended up plateauing and not getting there. It was very frustrating and I started to feel bad... I basically felt like I was letting my ladyfriend down... Someone I talked to about the issue mentioned it could be performance anxiety. Of course, my thoughts came back to DGS and that it could also be the culprit.

Looking back, I took a bit of a break from my Fleshlights. I was using my hand primarily while masturbating. The thing is, I never really had severe issues with DGS in the past. I've always been able to orgasm pretty quickly inside a Fleshlight if I wanted to. Maybe a day after my first time, I was able to easily orgasm while flying with my Torrid. (Yeah, I busted my Torrid out of it's plastic shell for first time in like a year.) Was feeling the little nubs fine. Same thing goes when I fly with my Swallow; no trouble feeling the super ribs. So while I've been thinking DGS is a possibility, I also think it's not.

So flyers, what's the diagnosis here? I'd like to be ready for next time with my ladyfriend. I've been thinking of taking a break from masturbating until then, but I've also got the Flight Instructor coming next week... Help would be very much appreciated

Airport Security

Default Re: DGS vs Performance Anxiety

I would say that this is an issue of performance anxiety more than DGS, though only you can be the true judge of that. If you focus too much on the idea that you have to finish in order to make it a good sexual experience, it is going to be a lot more difficult for you to have an orgasm. Instead, you should be focusing on enjoying the sex itself, and not worrying at all about whether or not you are going to orgasm. Focus on what feels good in the moment, and don't make orgasm the ultimate goal. Odds are, if you're not focusing on cumming and focusing instead on the pleasure you're having with your partner, you'll end up cumming anyway.

Orgasm is not supposed to be the ultimate goal of sex, though that is the way we mostly conceptualize sex in today's world. The point is that you're sharing something special with a partner, and you both feel great about it. Whether or not you have an orgasm is more of an added benefit, a culmination of all the awesome pleasure you're sharing. It is not necessary to have a good time.

FLight Attendant

Thanks Sarah... The thing is, I think getting myself to orgasm wasn't really on my mind. I had figured that since I often orgasm pretty quickly in my Fleshlights, that I wouldn't be lasting long at all with a lady. Especially for my first time... Getting myself to orgasm wasn't really on my mind at the time, but as time was going by I began wondering why I couldn't get there. That's when it kind of got stuck in my head..

FLight Captain

Don't worry about it. Lots of guys have this problem the first time. I certainly did. At first I thought I was just doing a great job until I fucked so long I just wore myself out and just had to stop. Had blue balls for about two days! The second time I thought it was going to happen again but I was finally able to cum. I don't know which is worse, cumming too quick or not being able to cum at all.

FLight Attendant

Thank you for the reassurance slector.