Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    Airport Security

Default Limited Edition: Fleshtone Destroya and Mini-Lotus Fleshlights

Hi everybody,

A new promo went live today. For a limited time only, we are offering the standard Pink Lady and Butt orifices with the Destroya and Mini-Lotus textures in Fleshtone instead of Pink. We are listening to everything you have been saying on the forums about how you don't like the Pink color, so here is your chance to show us that getting rid of it would be worthwhile!

check out the page here:
    FL http://www.fleshlight.com/fleshtone/

FJ http://www.fleshjack.com/fleshtone/

FLight Navigator

Default Re: Limited Edition: Fleshtone Destroya and Mini-Lotus Fleshlights

I love you, thanks so much.

The mini lotus has been ordered
    Last edited by willow22; 05-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.

FLight Attendant

This is cool, hopefully it'll become standard over the pink.

FLight Attendant

The fleshtone really makes a difference I think. Wasn't too impressed after first reading the thread title, but the fleshtone REALLY looks a lot better I think. I just purchased my white Flight though, so I probably won't be taking part in this promo.

Airport Security

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    This is cool, hopefully it'll become standard over the pink.
    This will only happen if enough people purchase this promo. We're giving it a trial run to see how popular the Fleshtone is... if it doesn't sell it won't become a permanent option.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLIFE View Post
    This will only happen if enough people purchase this promo. We're giving it a trial run to see how popular the Fleshtone is... if it doesn't sell it won't become a permanent option.
    First of all THANK YOU Fleshlight for listening to out suggestions!!!!! I love the fleshtone and i admit even the old horse lady looks a little better in the fleshtone. For me it couldn't have come at a worse time because i just recently spent $200 on the FLGs so i won't have the money to participate in this promotion and i do already have the destroya and minilotus. I really hope this becomes a permanent choice and i think ILF won't regret this decision.

Next up NEW ORIFACES!!!!!!!!!!!

FLight Navigator

That's a big step in the right direction!
    Now you just need to do some work on this orifices and everything is fine

FLight Captain

Am i blind or is it missing at the EU webpage ?

FLight Attendant

i spent quite some cash on discontinued FLGs and i already have those both textures
    how else can i prove that getting rid of pink color is worthwile?
    *caugh*

FLight First Officer

I think using experimental limited runs to try out new things is a great idea. I like seeing new stuff tried out.

That said there may be a few factors that affect the success of this particular trial:
    1) Destroya and Mini-lotus are popular textures as advertised, many (myself included) already own these textures and I don't think too many folks are going to double up on a texture.
    2) It's got strong competition from the 342 deal in terms of price, for $110.42 you get two fleshtone signature textures plus cases versus $99.90 for three pink signature textures out of six without cases.
    3) Once again having to purchase a case may be a turn-off for some return customers (myself included).
    4) As has been mentioned quite a bit, some people don't really like the standard lady orifice (even though there are other options).
    5) Timing, this offer coming not too long after the mass-discontinuation of signature textures during which people spent a good bit of money, some people's wallets are still recuperating.

I hate to speak poorly of this as I really do like seeing new stuff tried out. This kind of reminds me of the limited edition vibro glow, a nice idea that fell short a bit on execution. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing fleshtone replace pink.

FLight Navigator

But it's really a super bad time for such an important "experiment"!
    Most of us lost a lot of money recently because of the FLG thing and the answer to the "pink or not?" question depends on the sales of this limited time offer!

I like the idea of fleshtone, but these options don't interest me. I would really like to see new FLG orifices. The operative word being "new", as in models that haven't been available before. I think it would be a good idea to do these as Limited Editions if necessary, and let people pick from all or certain textures.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by DaHorse View Post
    Am i blind or is it missing at the EU webpage ?
    I can't find it on EU site either.

I already have Mini Lotus, never got round to buying a destroya yet.

FLight Navigator

Sarah, u r a great help and I understand that u r only the messenger so please do not take this personal.

This is BULLSHIT. Y would the company do it to itself. U say that u listen to the things we say then offer up this crap. Let's address every issue individually and miss the big picture???

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that whoever is in a position with any kind of power is clearly some brain dead idiot.

Common in the work place, lower underling who are far more in tune with what people what and how to do the job right are constantly blocked by some clueless share holder who out ranks them and prevents and good from being accomplished.

Hi everybody,

A new promo went live today. For a limited time only, we are offering the standard Pink Lady and Butt orifices with the Destroya and Mini-Lotus textures in Fleshtone instead of Pink. We are listening to everything you have been saying on the forums about how you don't like the Pink color, so here is your chance to show us that getting rid of it would be worthwhile!

check out the page here:

FLight Navigator

I think the real problem here is that they are trying to make up for something they know is going to hit their business hard. Their FLG signatures must have sold a great deal and been a big piece of their sales pie in order to try to present this as a reparation. Someone really doesn't want to replace that old (original) labia design. If you are going to make something new and original, why not update the labia and couple it with the fleshtone color? Not to mention, I echo what others are saying here as I just put more money into stockpiling FLG signatures in the last month than I bought in the last 3.

FLight Navigator

I just want to clarify and say that I am not saying this isn't a good thing. I think it is a great start and I hope they sell the hell out of this new innovation, I just think that more can and should be done to give the customer a reason to buy, or should I say repeat buy.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by secretsexpoet View Post
    I think the real problem here is that they are trying to make up for something they know is going to hit their business hard. Their FLG signatures must have sold a great deal and been a big piece of their sales pie in order to try to present this as a reparation. Someone really doesn't want to replace that old (original) labia design. If you are going to make something new and original, why not update the labia and couple it with the fleshtone color? Not to mention, I echo what others are saying here as I just put more money into stockpiling FLG signatures in the last month than I bought in the last 3.
    Agreed! Makes sense to me!

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by mrbean View Post
    Agreed! Makes sense to me!

I agree also, ILF knows that this wasn't the best decision to discontinue the FLG signature textures so now they are trying to make up for their huge mistake. I'm not sure if it will be enough but at least it's an effort.

FLight Attendant

I never really liked my Mini lotus and the Destroya seems a bit loose. I have a wide gurth.

NEED to make it in the asa akira dragon model, also offer that in the Ragular sleeves. or the Vortex.
    Last edited by Captain pop a nut; 05-08-2013 at 12:52 AM.

FLight Attendant

The sleeve with the big inner nipples like the Destroya seem a bit loose. The vortex give a whipping effect.

FLight Captain

Can't participate in this "experiment" but believe the fleshtone should become standard. The standard labia also needs to be updated. Just hard seeing myself going from beautifully crafted FLG labias back to boring horse labia. But it probably has to do with being a big fan of the models and having several of my FLGs signed.

FLight Navigator

I am also not able to afford any (primarily due to shipping costing as much as an FL itself) at the moment, but would very much prefer to see fleshtone standardised. Though I likely won't buy any new ones until we see new case colours, and some additional lady options, or a replacement for the existing.

FLight Navigator

the EU page 404's?

FLight Attendant

I support this effort... I think this is a tough pair to pick, though popular. I bet they'll sell the 200, but not as fast as you'd think... So many of us own those textures, especially with the mini-lotus going away and coming back "limited time" recently and the more recent implication that you might be facing "last chance" on certain sleeves. I think you pulled the fence-sitters off the fence already.

In my case, I have a pretty recent replacement for my original Lupe Mini-Lotus, in the Miela Mini-Lotus, that doesn't at all need replacing - so I'm out on that one.

I actually bought a new Stoya Destroya already too when I had my "last chance", but it had a manufacturing issue I was led to believe was very common with the sleeve so frankly I'm not sure what to think about this. If I were given a choice between original pink and fleshtone, I'd pick Fleshtone every time.

Sarah - can you tell me if those pictures of the "fangs" in the middle/back part of the texture are accurate with respect to the actual product that ships? My Destroya is one of my older sleeves and I was and am very interested in replacing it... but my recent experience (see my recent post and associated CS ticket #7300) is likely to keep me on the sidelines.

FLight Attendant

I don't have either texture and would like to get them someday, but I just don't have the funds to do it right now. If I hadn't just bought 2 sleeves last week, I would have ordered the lady with the mini-lotus and the butt with the destroya.

FLight Attendant

Let me start by saying that I think this is almost a step in the right direction, and that's a good thing. It shows that our thoughts and opinions regarding the elimination of signature FLG/FLB textures and the aftermath are being communicated to the powers-that-be, and that they are (partly) listening. However, it is very ill-timed. (Also, I'm a FJ customer, but I'm posting this here since there is no announcement in the FJ forums.)

Hi everybody,

check out the page here:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Full Force View Post
    First of all THANK YOU Fleshlight for listening to out suggestions!!!!! I love the fleshtone and i admit even the old horse lady looks a little better in the fleshtone. For me it couldn't have come at a worse time because i just recently spent $200 on the FLGs so i won't have the money to participate in this promotion and i do already have the destroya and minilotus. I really hope this becomes a permanent choice and i think ILF won't regret this decision.

Next up NEW ORIFACES!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by etix View Post
    i spent quite some cash on discontinued FLGs and i already have those both textures
    how else can i prove that getting rid of pink color is worthwile?

*caugh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I think using experimental limited runs to try out new things is a great idea. I like seeing new stuff tried out.

That said there may be a few factors that affect the success of this particular trial:
    1) Destroya and Mini-lotus are popular textures as advertised, many (myself included) already own these textures and I don't think too many folks are going to double up on a texture.
    2) It's got strong competition from the 342 deal in terms of price, for $110.42 you get two fleshtone signature textures plus cases versus $99.90 for three pink signature textures out of six without cases.
    3) Once again having to purchase a case may be a turn-off for some return customers (myself included).
    4) As has been mentioned quite a bit, some people don't really like the standard lady orifice (even though there are other options).
    5) Timing, this offer coming not too long after the mass-discontinuation of signature textures during which people spent a good bit of money, some people's wallets are still recuperating.

I hate to speak poorly of this as I really do like seeing new stuff tried out. This kind of reminds me of the limited edition vibro glow, a nice idea that fell short a bit on execution. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing fleshtone replace pink.
    Quote Originally Posted by SativaRoseLover View Post
    But it's really a super bad time for such an important "experiment"!
    Most of us lost a lot of money recently because of the FLG thing and the answer to the "pink or not?" question depends on the sales of this limited time offer!
    Quote Originally Posted by flapple View Post
    Sarah, u r a great help and I understand that u r only the messenger so please do not take this personal.

This is BULLSHIT. Y would the company do it to itself. U say that u listen to the things we say then offer up this crap. Let's address every issue individually and miss the big picture???

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that whoever is in a position with any kind of power is clearly some brain dead idiot.

Common in the work place, lower underling who are far more in tune with what people what and how to do the job right are constantly blocked by some clueless share holder who out ranks them and prevents and good from being accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by secretsexpoet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flying_fan View Post
    I support this effort... I think this is a tough pair to pick, though popular. I bet they'll sell the 200, but not as fast as you'd think... So many of us own those textures, especially with the mini-lotus going away and coming back "limited time" recently and the more recent implication that you might be facing "last chance" on certain sleeves. I think you pulled the fence-sitters off the fence already.
    We, the repeat customer base, already shelled out a lot of money during the FLG/FLB Sayonara sale. Furthermore, the institution of the new BYO was immediately followed by the 3-for-2 sale. On the heels of that, ILF is now asking us to shell out even more money for textures a lot of us already own, but now offered with inferior orifices, including the much-maligned horse-pussy.

All for what? To prove the we really want the Fleshtone and that it will sell well. Which seems a bit ridiculous seeing as how we've repeatedly bought this skin tone and most of us praise it as the best of all.

However, the timing of this experiment and the the inclusion of the horse pussy orifice display more of the mistakes being made by ILF's marketing team.

It would have been wiser wait and design a new Lady orifice (maybe even offer two or three distinct versions of it), one new, thoughtfully designed texture to add to the best-selling Destroya and Mini-Lotus choices, and introduce that with this experiment. And to throw in my two cents, the butt orifice is in sore need of an update as well.

I really do like that the Fleshtone is being considered as the new standard for FL/FJ. I hope ILF also takes into consideration that a lot of the repeat customer base already owns these textures and has no desire to purchase them again just to prove we want to keep the Fleshtone around.

I think ILF's marketing team needs to listen to what the community wants overall, and not just zero in and address one issue. I am glad they are listening, though.

Some feathers have been ruffled around here because a lot of us like the Fleshtone, and we want it to stay. We don't want to buy textures we already own with inferior orifices to prove it, though. That should factor into your experiment, too.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by bibleisalie View Post
    the EU page 404's?
    Same here.

FLight Attendant

Yeah, these aren't gonna do too well if the stoya / miela options are available.

FLight Navigator

Hi everybody,

ILF is asking us to show them which we prefer by purchasing textures many of us already have. That simply makes no sense. If it hasn't already been made perfectly clear to them that we prefer Fleshtone over Pink, they should introduce one or two new textures and make them available in both.

The question I have is: Why does ILF need to be convinced that making Fleshtone standard is worthwhile? They already know it's superior or the Signature Textures would have all been Pink.

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by buzzby View Post
    They already know it's superior or the Signature Textures would have all been Pink.
    Actually, the first Fleshlight Girls textures were Pink. In fact, Twista was the first Signature texture released in Dec. 2008 and it wasn't until Nov. 2009 that Fleshtone was introduced:

http://blog.fleshlight.com/2009/11/02/introducing-new-realistic-flesh-tone-exclusive-to-fleshlightgirls/

Back then, Twista was the only Signature texture and it wasn't until May 2010 that all of the other girls would receive their own as well.

I've always felt that the Fleshtone was on the FLG lineup because they were envisioning them as more personal and realistic, rather than just a sex toy. Having the other textures with the relatively fake vagina orifice and pink colors helps to separate the two lines. One is the more generic and "sex toy" lineup and the other is a premium and more realistic lineup.

I don't really see it as "Pink vs Fleshtone." I think it's two different product lines being marketed in different ways.

FLight Navigator

I received my Fleshtone Destroya Lady yesterday and the material feels distinctly better than my other FLGs and not just because it's a Destroya. They used a superior batch of resin on this set or I just got lucky. It's heavier and softer, reminds me of my Alien only better. I already own the mini-lotus though or I'd pick one of those up too just because I think they brewed a particularly good batch. The lady looks just fine in fleshtone.

I hope the fleshtone becomes standard. I think a dark fleshtone option is in order too.

I agree that the timing is off and I wanted to support the fleshtone more than I wanted the texture. My wallet hurts too but a Destroya was on my list, thankfully. They could have used it as an option to promote textures that weren't selling as good.

At least they listen. They have to pace out the changes. We don't know all the particulars, politics or price of dyes and polymers. Maybe they could use a bit of marketing help (MILF Hunter?). I know logistics can always be a problem. They make the best product and have the best customer service of any rubber fun-time device maker out there. They still have my support.

FLight Attendant

The links still work but the promotion seems to have disappeared from the rotation on the homepage. Hopefully this experiment has been successful. I was a new customer in September 2012 when I purchased the Eufrat lotus and recently purchased 4 more FLGs during the Sayonara sale. As such, I have to echo the sentiments that this test came at a horrible time. My first order was $78 and I spent $227 within two weeks in April. Now, I'd like to buy a few more that interest me but I'm waiting for my wallet to recover and to see if they'll offer another sale like free lube/sleeve in conjunction with the 15% off (which alone, I do appreciate).

As a returning customer, it boils down to three things, somewhat in order of importance:
    1. Unique Texture
    2. Material
    3. Orifice/Appearance

I have very little to no interest in buying the same texture twice. I just can't justify spending the cash on something that won't really feel different from what I've already got unless it's a new FLG that I'd love to pretend to bone. Second, I'd really prefer to purchase FLs made in fleshtone. The pink tint doesn't do anything for me. I consider myself a fan of the material used for the FL Girls. Last but not quite least, I don't see the visual appeal to the Lady. I recall reading somewhere that it was a sculpted composite from photos of around 500 different vulvas. The problem with that is it looks like it was designed by someone who's never seen a pussy before. An erotic police sketch, if you will. The cheeks/mouth/butt are also underwhelming to me, but I'm sure they have a fan-base.

I must mention that there are additional criteria I have before making another purchase. Change things up! I like the different color cases and wish they could be purchased separately because it simplifies differentiating between girls/textures. I have 5 Fleshlights now, one each in pearl, black, blue, silver, and red. I'd like a light blue case (the FleshJack Boys exclusive, Bliss and Paradise seem most enticing) and it would be nice for the carts to be combined. I also want a gold case which has me debating between the STU and the Pirates Riley Steele. I like FLGs and don't really want the pink lady, but I think I'd prefer the STU over Nipple Alley. Gauntlet and Destroya don't interest me, they're too similar to textures I already have or require a larger penis to be fully appreciated.

Which brings me to another point. It would be great if textures could be designed with smaller guys in mind too. I realize this is a delicate balance but the transitions seem to be spread too far apart for me to enjoy, anyway. Case in point, Jessica Drake Heavenly would be nearly identical to Forbidden if my pecker had anything to say about it. I understand this is where the Flight/Blade/Sex-In-A-Can product lines come in but nothing reaches out and pulls me in about these toys. Destroya and Bi-Hive (and somewhat Primal) also share likenesses.

I'd like to buy an Alien because of the blue sleeve and the vortex/lotus combo. The "strangely alluring double clitoris" design is kind of odd but I think that makes it more desirable. I'm happy to say I'm fairly certain this will be included in my next order.

Finally, I'd like to mention my regrets. I hope someday the MILF Hunter will make a comeback, even if just in spirit/inspiration. The texture looks tantalizing and the labia are beautiful. The olive drab case would also be nice to add to my collection. I'm glad I purchased Miela's Mini-Lotus when I did because I wouldn't buy the texture in a BYO with a generic orifice in the pink color. However I wish it was a Lupe Fuentes pussy instead of Miela but her tiny lips make it different from all the others I own. If only I had become a Fleshlight owner/customer sooner; I also wish I was the owner of the Lia19/Hearts Fleshlight. So much so that I'd almost be willing to buy one second-hand. ALMOST.

If you've come this far, thank you for reading and I hope to become a valued part of this awesome community. And thank you, ILF, for everything that you do.

FLight Navigator

I like the idea of a few different Pink Lady Redo orifices, drac07. Maybe a black one too?

So it's agreed, this experiment came at a horrible time? I also just got an email that they're offering a mystery sleeve with any +79buck purchase. Seems like they're really trying hard to rake in some of the people they pissed off... or are trying to replace all the old repeat customers with new ones? I dunno...