Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Question First Time Questions

Hi,

I know these questions will have already been asked, but for me it is easier to make a new topic and ask them all in one go. So I hope that is ok with everyone

I received my FL today and got the Wonder Wave texture. I have taken out the white plastic piece and placed the sleeve into the case. Before I use the FL I would like to ask is there anything I should do first?

I am going to buy some Corn Flour, do I dab this on after every use?

Cleaning the sleeve with cold water and leaving to dry is sufficient enough, or is anything else required?

So basically, the sleeve is in the case, can I get stuck in straight away ?

Btw, my name is Danny. Pleased to meet you all!

FLight Navigator

Default Re: First Time Questions

if you want to rinse it out before out the first time you use it, and clean it out with hot water after you fly.

FLight Attendant

Hi, Danny. Welcome to the forums.

Before you use your new Fleshlight, clean your new sleeve with warm water, inside and out. This will help eliminate the powder on the sleeve. It may not come off entirely the first time, which is normal.

You can let the sleeve (and/or lube) sit in hot water for 10-15 minutes or so to heat it up. Experiment with using it as-is or heated up to find which you prefer.

Make sure you buy cornstarch, not corn flour. Those are two different products. You can powder the outside of the sleeve with cornstarch after each use, if you wish. This helps keep it supple and reduces the stickiness of the sleeve. I avoid doing it to the inside as it's difficult to clean out and it makes the lube feel grainy if not completely rinsed out. Whether you do it after each use is up to you. However, if you are going to store your sleeve and not use it for a while, I highly suggest you powder it with cornstarch before doing so.

After using your sleeve, rinse it thoroughly with warm or hot water. Shake off the excess water and let it dry completely before putting it away. I find that rinsing it with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) helps the sleeve dry faster. It also has the added benefit of sanitizing your sleeve.
    Last edited by drac07; 05-08-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Edited for clarification.

FLight Attendant

Awesome thank you!

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by drac07 View Post
    Hi, Danny. Welcome to the forums.

Before you use your new Fleshlight, clean your new sleeve with warm water, inside and out. This will help eliminate the powder on the sleeve. It may not come off entirely the first time, which is normal.

You can let the sleeve (and/or lube) sit in hot water for 10-15 minutes or so to heat it up. Experiment with using it as-is or heated up to find which you prefer.

Make sure you buy cornstarch, not corn flour. Those are two different products. You can powder the outside of the sleeve with cornstarch after each use, if you wish. This helps keep it supple and reduces the stickiness of the sleeve. I avoid doing it to the inside as it's difficult to clean out and it makes the lube feel grainy if not completely rinsed out. Whether you do it after each use is up to you. However, if you are going to store your sleeve and not use it for a while, I highly suggest you powder it with cornstarch before doing so.

After using your sleeve, rinse it thoroughly with warm or hot water. Shake off the excess water and let it dry completely before putting it away. I find that rinsing it with isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol, as it can contain ingredients harmful to your sleeve) helps the sleeve dry faster. It also has the added benefit of sanitizing your sleev07 e.
    I find that rinsing it with isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol, [/QUOTE]

Drac07 is right on but I believe he confusing the Isopropyl Alcohol with other types of Alcohol, you definitely need to use Isopropyl Alcohol but if you read the label it does tell you it is “Rubbing Alcohol.” The main ingredients are Isopropyl Alcohol 70% by volume or 90% by volume and purified water. No other ingredients. And what he said about the cornstarch is on the money as you DO NOT want to use corn flour.

Happy flying.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by CumFlying View Post
    I find that rinsing it with isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol,
    Drac07 is right on but I believe he confusing the Isopropyl Alcohol with other types of Alcohol, you definitely need to use Isopropyl Alcohol but if you read the label it does tell you it is “Rubbing Alcohol.” The main ingredients are Isopropyl Alcohol 70% by volume or 90% by volume and purified water. No other ingredients. And what he said about the cornstarch is on the money as you DO NOT want to use corn flour.

Happy flying. [/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct. Thank you for clarifying! Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol is what you want to use.

FLight Attendant

Another question, what is a quicker way of making it dry inside without using the alcohol? I will end up getting that alcohol stuff, but for the meantime?

Although I do have my own room I don't have much privacy to leave the sleeve lieing about. I have had to hide it away, but I don't think this is going to help with it drying.

FLight Attendant

Also, where can I get Corn Starch from in the UK?
    I looked on the Tesco website but it only comes up with Corn Flour!

FLight Navigator

when i was in the EU cornflour was the same thing as corn starch in the US, but dont confuse it with corn meal. I know Sarah has sarah has said the same thing.

FLight Attendant

In the above posts they said don't get corn flour?

FLight Attendant

Would this work then?
    Can't post links yet so just add the 3 w's and change the (dot) to a '.'

tesco(dot)com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254881569

FLight Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DG19 View Post
    Would this work then?
    Can't post links yet so just add the 3 w's and change the (dot) to a '.'

tesco(dot)com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254881569
    Yes, cornflour in the UK is corn starch. Just don't buy corn meal thinking it's a starch, it's not.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by orlandot94 View Post
    Yes, cornflour in the UK is corn starch. Just don't buy corn meal thinking it's a starch, it's not.
    What even is corn meal? :/
    Did you check out that link? - Is that the right thing?

FLight Captain

Yes I did check it out. It's right. Look at the ingredients, starch.

FLight First Officer

Corn meal is coarsly ground corn. It's used in baking. Cornbread, corn muffins, corn tortillas use corn meal. Corn starch is used as a thickening agent for gravies, etc. You want that, it looks like talcum powder, but don't use talc. I forget why, but it's a big no-no!

FLight First Officer

I do remember being involved in a discussion about cornflour being the same as cornstarch and I did forget about that because I am so use to cornstarch being in the U.S.A... It is easy enough to look up on the Internet, but unless you have some sort of fan that you can direct down the canal to dry the sleeve, it can take, depending on the sleeve anywhere from 12 to 24 hours to completely dry without the alcohol. Keep in mind it cannot be hot air. I usually leave mine out hanging in my towel rack in the bathroom because it is just me and my wife, but if someone is coming over I have a hair dryer that I can shut the heat off and use it with cold air, but not all hair dryers have that option.

FLight Navigator

mrbean corn if grown in the EU is usually used for cattle feed corn is native only to the americas. I used to be a cook, that is why i think people in the EU dont know much about corn.

FLight Attendant

Awesome thanks guys, will get that cornflour from tesco today