Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default About to FLy, Lotus really that bad?

Firstly thank you for all the useful info that's been posted on this forum, I've been reading round for a past few days and its been extremely helpful.

I about to buy my first Fleshlight, I've decided on a FLG and wanted to get the lotus sleeve. I'm looking for something realistic not something that's a wild ride and on paper this fits the bill, but after reading around I can't understand the nearly universal dislike of the lotus.

It's the most common one you will see sold at retailers and you can bet if they don't have anything else they have that one, surely it sells right?

I'm 6" to the base, not too girthy, uncut and I would say sensitive. I know I won't hit the chambers but if the lotus is supposedly as real as it gets (at least from a 'depths' point of view) then isn't it an accurate representation? with the long canal etc? I know there are many recommended sleeves but I need help deciding whether I should particularly buy this one or not.

On a side note how compressible are sleeves (if I wanted to move just the back bit forward slightly) and does it damage it in any way? I'm not really looking at the mini lotus because it just seems far to forward to be realistic.

Thanks

FLight Navigator

Default Re: About to FLy, Lotus really that bad?

I've had Bibi Jones' Lotus for about two months now and it's #1 on my list (out of 30). It might not be as textured as most of the other sleeves but it's tight at the opening and the smooth sugar walls are a welcome change from all the high intensity sleeves. If you're sensitive the diameter variation will feel really nice without being overwhelming and sending you over the edge too quick. I'm 6.8 and I can reach the second chamber when I push all the way in so you'll probably be able to reach the chambers too. I highly recommend the Lotus, particularly if you prefer realism to intensity.

Don't listen to the haters, try it for yourself. You might also want to take a look at the Love Humps and Dragon. Ironic as it sounds, I find the Alien to be one of the most realistic textures.

The sleeves can be compressed but it speeds up the wear and tear on them relatively.

FLight Attendant

If you are ordering from the site, you might consider getting the mini-lotus instead of the lotus. I don't have a full sized lotus, but I do enjoy my mini-lotus. Almost all of the FLG have a mini-lotus and with the sale that is still on, you get a free mystery sleeve by ordering the FLG mini-lotus.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post
    I can't understand the nearly universal dislike of the lotus.

Thanks
    I got the impression the Lotus is more loved than disliked by a wide margin. I know it's one of my all-time favorites. It feels natural and silky-awesome. The Min-Lotus is great too, but I prefer the regular lotus and honestly don't think the Mini feels all too much like a mini version of the Lotus; it's more of it's own thing.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Long Johnson View Post
    I got the impression the Lotus is more loved than disliked by a wide margin. I know it's one of my all-time favorites. It feels natural and silky-awesome. The Min-Lotus is great too, but I prefer the regular lotus and honestly don't think the Mini feels all too much like a mini version of the Lotus; it's more of it's own thing.
    I don't have a regular lotus so I can't compare it to the mini, but according to his post, NightFlight is about the same size that I am and he mentioned probably not being able to hit the chambers in the back of the lotus so I recommended the mini to him. Based on what you said, I may have to get a regular lotus myself one of these days so that I can compare them.

FLight Attendant

Thanks for the replies guys. The mini lotus was something I looked at but the distances are not all that realistic and although I might not get right to the back with the normal Lotus as long as the first bit of it feels good then I'd be happy.

I was just worried it was really dull because of the comments I read across the forum, it might just be that there are lots of people who want a more wild experience. I was also wondering how a FL compares to something like a DJ pocket pussy, will FL feel in totally a different league?
    Last edited by NightFlight; 07-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. The mini lotus was something I looked at but the distances are not all that realistic and although I might not get right to the back with the normal Lotus as long as the first bit of it feels good then I'd be happy.

I was just worried it was really dull because of the comments I read across the forum, it might just be that there are lots of people who want a more wild experience. I was also wondering how a FL compares to something like a DJ pocket pussy, will FL feel in totally a different league?
    I think you'll be really happy. Fleshlights are in a league of their own compared to other "pocket pussies".

FLight Navigator

The main criticism of the Lotus seems to be that its rear chambers only benefit the lengthy. That may be true, but as a slightly longer-than average dude (about 6.25-6.5) whose cockhead can kiss the first rear chamber (but no further), I still think the best parts of the sleeve are the overall snugness and the lotus node itself.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for intensity a la Destroya or Gauntlet, and sometimes I'm not.

As for compressibility of sleeves: Yes, to an extent. I routinely place a NyQuil type medicine cup in the back of my Fleshlight case -- not only to compress the sleeve by an inch or so, but to catch my load and make cleanup less of a chore. Ought to be standard equipment, if you ask me.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Helmet View Post
    I routinely place a NyQuil type medicine cup in the back of my Fleshlight case -- not only to compress the sleeve by an inch or so, but to catch my load and make cleanup less of a chore. Ought to be standard equipment, if you ask me.
    That's one of the things that makes that Flight MD Navigator appealing to me. I also like the idea of being able to see how big of a nut I busted, especially if it's been a couple days since I've ejaculated. Anyone have it? No idea what to think of the texture. I'm not a big fan of bumps, but these only go half way through the texture so it's not such an onslaught to the dick.

FLight Attendant

The medicine cup idea is good, thanks. I swear did they design pretty much all these full size FL's for like 8" guys! The thing I want from the Louts is the snugness so its more a sensual thing rather than being intense.

I have another question about authenticity, should the retail box be printed with matt Fleshlight lettering and gloss girls lettering for example and anything else to look out for? It would really help for FL to have a full picture guide of how to spot fakes.

Also does it still come with a postcard and lube like the older tinned ones?
    Last edited by NightFlight; 08-03-2013 at 01:57 AM.

FLight Navigator

When you buy direct from ILF, you get a rectangular cardboard box with the rough dimensions of a sheet of notebook paper. Inside will be the insert, impaled upon a protective plastic rod and contained inside of a plastic clamshell. The case will be empty and sitting alongside, and there should be a sample of lube and the "postcard" thingy which is actually a small fold-out use and care guide.

If you buy elsewhere... I've never done so except via an actual B&M sex shop, but I'd hope for a factory sealed retail box/tin containing the actual product with plastic rod intact, no "funky" smells besides some residual mold release compound odor (it's distinctive and does NOT smell like week-old spooge), plus lube sample and paper insert as described above.

All of my retail bought Fleshlights have been as such.

Ironically, the one Fleshlight I bought directly from ILF (my Destroya) was the one that initially stunk the worst!

FLight Navigator

Thumbs up Re: About to FLy, Lotus really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by poppafatz View Post
    Ironic as it sounds, I find the Alien to be one of the most realistic textures.
    +1 on that, especially if ya like your real-life playmates to be a bit more on the gape-ing or MILF-y sides!

(NOT to imply either are a bad thing, or that the Alien is some kind of a huge cavernous expanse, which it most definitely isn't....the wider orifice simply gives it more of a "funnel into a super-plush & cushy tunnel" effect.)

My 2 other votes to round out my top 3 for "quite unexpected realism" go to Misty Stone's Bump-n-Grind and Cyborg from the Freaks line....similar to the Alien, they've got a bit more "room to move" which is good for us girthy types, but thankfully are comfortably tight in just the right places and interesting in their own unique ways.

I don't have a Lotus, but do have an SIAC Mini-Lotus which over time I found to be the least impressive member of my collection (recently did the fin trim mod to make it more usable, which helped a little bit), and has basically put me off from the idea of trying out the standard Lotus.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has any/all of the 4 above along with the standard Lotus and can share their findings, as it seems I'm pretty sensitive and generally seem to prefer the longer, more satisfying buildups the Alien/B-n-G/Cyborg give vs. the crazy blowout quickies from toothier things like Barracuda, Destroya, Drac, etc.....any comparisons/opinions?
    Last edited by AlienInACan; 12-02-2013 at 09:02 AM.

FLight Navigator

Only thing I like better than my Teagan Lotus is my Teagan Forbidden

I have the Flight Pilot, Navigator, Teagan Lotus, Teagan Forbidden, and Lisa Ann Mini-Lotus. I've got a girthy head, so the Forbidden is actually very VERY likeable to me, but the Lotus is in second place. It was my first one, but shit is the finish on that thing intense. This is especially true if you close the cap as you do, but finishing inside it feels really REALLY nice and realistic. Almost as if you pumping it into them with how it reacts to the pressure. Only two sleeves I've felt do that so far for me...Lotus and Forbidden.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by jeffytomato View Post
    Only thing I like better than my Teagan Lotus is my Teagan Forbidden

I have the Flight Pilot, Navigator, Teagan Lotus, Teagan Forbidden, and Lisa Ann Mini-Lotus. I've got a girthy head, so the Forbidden is actually very VERY likeable to me, but the Lotus is in second place. It was my first one, but shit is the finish on that thing intense. This is especially true if you close the cap as you do, but finishing inside it feels really REALLY nice and realistic. Almost as if you pumping it into them with how it reacts to the pressure. Only two sleeves I've felt do that so far for me...Lotus and Forbidden.
    Man, we really have the same taste in textures. Could be the fact we both have lager cock heads. I think you'd probably really enjoy the Texas Tornado.

FLight Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Long Johnson View Post
    Man, we really have the same taste in textures. Could be the fact we both have lager cock heads. I think you'd probably really enjoy the Texas Tornado.
    lol, man you made me a believer when buying that Forbidden! Maybe after the holidays I'll think about grabbing a Texas Tornado...it would only be fitting, being a Native lol.