Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Strange ways to make it warm?

So... I have been thinking about ways to make it warm, other than warm water. Just for curiosity.

(I don't have my FL yet, just ordered it tonight. Pink Lady and Wonder Wave texture)

Is it possible to leave it in- case and in the sun for a while?

What are the methods you guys have tried to make it warm?

FLight First Officer

Default Re: Strange ways to make it warm?

Not a good idea leaving in sunlight. It could melt.

FLight Attendant

use a heating blanket but water seems like the most convenient way to do it, unscrew the endcap fill it with hot water and let it sit for 10 mins.

When i bought a fleshlight 1 year ago, it came with a warming rod, not a shipping rod, a warming rod. you snap it and the chemicals within will heat up the rod. but its only 1 time use and mine didn't work so well and i think they threw that idea out the door before it was mass produced

FLight Attendant

I actually recommend NOT to heat it if you want your fleshlight's life as long as possible. heating and cooling over time will expand the material... Making it weak and prone to puncture eventually.

Not to mention you can accidently over heat it like I did with my STU. Which is why I had to buy a new one. I also don't use hot water to rinse.

I just use room temperture to slightly cool water.

I know you guys make it warm to increase the realism and you really don't want to hear my answer but I think you will if you want your fleshlight to last and to prevent accidental overheating.

It also takes too long and too much of a hassle in my opinion. But that can be subjective.

Here's what I suggest if heat is that much of a concern: Buy yourself a water-based heating lubricant.

Here is one: http://www.amazon.com/Pipedream-Products-Moist-Lubricant-Fluid/dp/B002UV8GYO/ref=sr_sp-atf_image_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1377102693&sr=1-2&keywords=heating+lubricant

FLight Attendant

How sure is everyone that heating lubricant will not damage the sleeve over time, even *if* it is water based?

FLight Attendant

a heating lubricant can be a hit or miss, you have to consider the side effects to sometimes like i read some people have irritations in their urethra because of some products and heating lube generally makes it more stickier

go read some reviews on some lubricants (ie. fleshlight fire lube)

FLight First Officer

I've often wondered if an aquarium heater could be used to heat up an insert. Some of the ones I've seen looked like they would just slide right in if they were lubed up. No idea how hot they actually get, though.

FLight Attendant

Okay so I got my fleshlight and I have used it maybe, four times already. It's amazing! I mean, wow! Varying the suction (O.O), thrusting into it vs stroking with it... The way it grabs the head of my penis if I pull it out far enough... Oh, sorry.

Where was I.

Oh yeah! My only complaint is that it doesn't stay warm.

I have an infrared laser thermometer that I use to test water temperature, i usually put it in water when it's 12- degrees f.

Recently, (Although it didn't work because I had to shut the unit off) I was putting it by a refrigerant compressing unit, which gets to be around 155 degrees F. I didn't put it too close. Just near it, and covered it with a padded jacket to keep the heat in.

When I checked the temperature it was 110 degrees f externally on one side,and 88 degrees f on the other side, facing away from the compressor. The vulva part was slightly warm to the touch. I wasn't able to use it, and I did not insert my finger into it, but I am sure it was probably warm inside.

I know it's probably a bad idea to keep it warm all the time, due to bacteria growing and things like that.

But there's got to be a better way to make it- and keep it warm.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson513 View Post
    a heating lubricant can be a hit or miss, you have to consider the side effects to sometimes like i read some people have irritations in their urethra because of some products and heating lube generally makes it more stickier

go read some reviews on some lubricants (ie. fleshlight fire lube)
    I have some heating lubes and don't like them because they are thicker and thus doesn't lube as much. They are good for real sex though, where it's diluted with the real stuff.

FLight Attendant

I don't need to make my Fleshlight warm but I want to try a heating lube in the future.

FLight Attendant

I used to heat them up with hot water as the instructions say, but I just hit it at room temp anymore. I find that my body heat warms them up during use. I have chilled them in the fridge a few times for a change and found it to be quite enjoyable.

FLight Navigator

Hot water is the best idea. But leaving it in the sun isn't really that bad of an idea, but as long as it's not too hot and not for a long period of time.

I'm from the UK, and when it's summer, the highest it gets is around 25oC, usually just 20oC. If you're in America or anywhere else and it's above 30oC then that's too hot.

FLight Attendant

I put a sleeve inside a ziploc bag and fill it up with hot water, and this close the bag (while getting the air bubbles out). You can then put the water filled bag w/sleeve in a pot or bowl and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. This way, the whole sleeve get warmed up evenly. Works like a charm every time.