Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Shipping too expensive?

So i had like a $200 budget for fleshlight, decided to go extra and spend like $230, 4 sleeves 2 cases 3 lubes etc. Then saw shipping is like $90.. wtf? I reduced my order to just one fleshlight and even then shippings $60. I know the local sex stores sell the Fleshlights for like $90 and thought it'd be cheaper online. but damn the shipping cost is way too much.

Administrator

Default Re: Shipping too expensive?

Where are you shipping to?
    Fleshlight Daniel
    The #1 Selling Sex Toy in the World!

FLight Attendant

Shipping to Canada is outrages. So I'm guessing yours could be heading up here as well. It's been commented that something was going to be done but it hasn't. In the end FL loses out on sales because if it. If shipping was't so brutal I know I'd have a few more at my disposal.

Airport Security

I swear we are doing something. It is taking a while to get implemented but it is on its way

FLight Attendant

Also, i made a huge mistake. Shipping with UPS expedited was a little extra so i thought it'd mean faster shipping but nope. Apparently UPS express is 1-3 days delivery and expedited is 2-5 days, while express is cheaper and faster. I think you guys should consider removing the expedited option. according to my tracking, I'm supposed to be getting my FL (1 case 4 sleeves) tomorrow night. Just sucks knowing i could've had it yesterday if i knew about the shipping differences. Pro-tip : Expensive is not always better.

Just one more thing, If i put the address of my older place (which is 5 mins away from where i am), Canada post is miraculously a shipping option at $0. Not sure if it's a glitch but intended. I thought maybe it's cos of the size of the order, but it was actually the address. Both address's are L5L. Weird?

FLight Attendant

I agree Anon_scotch, shipping to aus is a bit expensive but when I get a job it should be well worth the $$$, I know it is like $90 but as Sarahlife said, something is in the works for us non-USA residents, and since I don't have a job it makes the waiting easier... any who

FLight Attendant

Another thing, they charge tax on the package when it's delivered. Feels kind of awkward knowing the delivery guy or someone actually checked the package to tax it? Unless that's normal, I've not really been tax'd for purchases before, like when i ordered my monitors and stuff from the states. Ugh, i have to put everything on hold today because they can't deliver without someone being here to pay the tax, i have class starting 5, it's 4 and they said it could be here anytime between now and 7. =\

FLight Attendant

Thanks sarahlife for the update......

When it does lower to a respectable cost I can see orders increasing...

Airport Security

[QUOTE=Anon_Scotch;950421]Another thing, they charge tax on the package when it's delivered. Feels kind of awkward knowing the delivery guy or someone actually checked the package to tax it? Unless that's normal, I've not really been tax'd for purchases before, like when i ordered my monitors and stuff from the states. Ugh, i have to put everything on hold today because they can't deliver without someone being here to pay the tax, i have class starting 5, it's 4 and they said it could be here anytime between now and 7. =\[/QUOTE]

Ugh that is annoying. That's why we're trying to open up that new warehouse. Make everything easier for everyone. It is coming I promise...

@Flight420... you're absolutely right. Orders from Canada exploded when we opened the warehouse up there. We're hoping the same happens in Australia!

FLight Attendant

We're still waiting

FLight Attendant

Its coming, just taking awhile

FLight Attendant

[QUOTE=aussiefaz;954201]Its coming, just taking awhile [/QUOTE]
    Thanks.
    Breath held ;-)

FLight Attendant

just wondering, if a warehouse opens in australia, how much would the shipping cost roughly be to singapore?
    was gonna do up a post on shipping costs, but saw this post immediately upon entering this forum. like someone else mentioned, the shipping costs are extremely brutal...

FLight Navigator
    Texas - United States, England - United Kingdom

[QUOTE=Anon_Scotch;950279]So i had like a $200 budget for fleshlight, decided to go extra and spend like $230, 4 sleeves 2 cases 3 lubes etc. Then saw shipping is like $90.. wtf? I reduced my order to just one fleshlight and even then shippings $60. I know the local sex stores sell the Fleshlights for like $90 and thought it'd be cheaper online. but damn the shipping cost is way too much.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? First off...
    Any order over $100.00 is FREE Shipping. ( In the USA lower 48 states not sure about Al and Hi.) I placed a order yesterday Monday 10-March - 2014 for $119.00 and I got FREE Shipping ( UPS GROUND ) , But i had to pay " Sales Tax " due to that I live in Texas where FleshLight is from Austin. So my order was $130.00 w/tax

OzzyOzz
    Last edited by OzzyOzz; 03-11-2014 at 10:30 AM.

FLight Attendant

I've never had any complaints about shipping costs, but the Flight Adapter's shipping is over $10... lol

I'm not sure how long it will be until I place another order, but hopefully I can remember to throw it onto the order then.

FLight Attendant

I live in South Africa and while toying with the idea of buy another Flight and two Fleshlights which came to $149.89, the shipping cost was an amazing $195.52.

Wow.

With shipping costs this high coupled with fact I will have to pay the equivalent of $30 - $50 on import duties I might not buy another IFL product again given that local sellers charge roughly $300 - still too much - for a similar order.

Airport Security

[QUOTE=DCR;958434]I live in South Africa and while toying with the idea of buy another Flight and two Fleshlights which came to $149.89, the shipping cost was an amazing $195.52.

Wow.

With shipping costs this high coupled with fact I will have to pay the equivalent of $30 - $50 on import duties I might not buy another IFL product again given that local sellers charge roughly $300 - still too much - for a similar order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately South Africa is one of those places that is difficult to get to. If we have a warehouse on the continent, then your shipping costs will be pretty reasonable. If we don't, then it will be like importing anything else... and the shipping will be quite expensive. We're doing our best to expand into other countries, but so far we have Europe, Canada, and the US set up. Australia is coming soon, which might help with shipping fees to some of the Asian islands, but won't help much with Africa, I'm afraid.

FLight Captain

Maybe its worth a try to order (and import) your Fleshlights from Europe. All you need to do is, to place an order via Fleshlight-International.eu

FLight Attendant

Thanks for responding.

FLight Attendant

Thanks I'll have a look.

EDIT: It doesn't look as if they deliver here also the exchange rate isn't in my favour.
    Last edited by DCR; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.