Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.

Default Black Friday woes

Anoher year, another Black Friday, and once again the Black Friday sale was pretty poor. Even leaving aside the whole Fleshbucks disaster, this whole 25% off glass ceiling needs to be shattered by ILF. Black Friday and the holiday season are supposed to be the BEST sales of the year, the time when vigilant shoppers can get awesome deals and amazing discounts on products, not a time when we can all get the discount that customer service will give someone with a complaint.

Yes, I know certain bundles were more than 25% off, but even those were only 33% off, and that discount was only applicable on a very narrow selection of toys. Even the Stoya hasn't yet sold the 500 units with the free DVD. On top of that, none of the bundles have free shipping!

Another thing, I don't need lube, cleaning products or DVDs from ILF. If you want to sell those bundles, fine, great even, but son't make them the centerpiece of a BF sale. All of the lubricants sold here can be found cheaper in bulk elsewhere, ditto for the cleaning products. The DVD prices are a joke, when I can go to other sites and get them for pennies on the dollar. What I need from ILF is that which others cannot provide--FLESHLIGHTS.

I have wanted a Nina Hartley sleeve for a long time, and I will keep wanting one. I tried to buy her mini-lotus, which is finally discounted, but the shipping killed the deal--over $70 for one toy. I could have gotten a Nina Hartley Cougar or Lotus from AdultDVDEmpire for $59.49 shipped during their 30% off sale on sex toys for BF. It's kind of pathetic when a web site that sells your items for a premium price, can discount those products to make them cheaper on Black Friday weekend than they are from the manufacturer.

When other companies are offering free shipping, and discounts of 30%, 50% or even 70% off, it is really disappointing that ILF simply doesn't measure up. Next year, I want to see FLG toys with cases for $49.95 shipped. I want to see Pink Lady or STU sleeves for $10 with any order, or a free bottle of lube. I want to see the first 100 orders get a free sleeve. These are the kinds of deals that we should be seeing on Black Friday. Not 25% off and a shipping charge

FLight First Officer

Default Re: Black Friday woes

Maybe is was specifically what I ordered that worked out so well for me, but I honestly made out like a bandit with this sale. I received over $70 in savings and free stuff.

Another thing to keep in mind, is ILF is a relatively small company compared to these huge dealers that can offer over 50% off and still turn a good profit because of the sheer volume of orders.

However I do think ILF really needs to lower the dollar amount required to get free shipping. $100 wouldn't be so hard to reach if the site had a wider variety of things to order, but for the most part, this site just sells Fleshlight and related products. Spending a 100 bucks on them each time is crazy expensive, but if you don't, it feels like a huge waste spending the money on shipping which is not cheap either.

FLight Attendant

eh, I bought some sleeves anyway. Not sure what to do with the free Mr. Limpy that ILF threw in

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Long Johnson View Post
    However I do think ILF really needs to lower the dollar amount required to get free shipping. $100 wouldn't be so hard to reach if the site had a wider variety of things to order, but for the most part, this site just sells Fleshlight and related products. Spending a 100 bucks on them each time is crazy expensive, but if you don't, it feels like a huge waste spending the money on shipping which is not cheap either.
    Absolutely. Something needs to change, and next years Black Friday needs to be a hell of a lot better in some way. It isn't fair that on Black Friday weekend, you would have to buy a rigid configuration of items to get any discount larger than what they would give to someone who had a customer service issue. ILF needs to make it much easier and cheaper to purchase just one toy at a time.

Even if they are a small company, they should be able, even just one day out of the year, to handle a large volume of discounted orders. And it's not like more than 25% off is a lot...a FLG for $50 is still a $50 sale.

FLight Attendant

I bought one fleshlight a few days before black friday not realizing they would have a black friday sale. Ended up spending $100 on a stu and lube/fleshwash stuff to get free shipping. Then I wanted a shower mount so I ended up spending another $100 on during the black friday sale on a fleshlight and a shower mount and more lube to get free shipping. Looking back on it now, $200 for 2 fleshlights, a shower mount and some lube doesn't seem like a very good deal haha.

And just to be clear, I really tried to find some way to make this work, and it really, really sucks that I can't. I would have been fine with Nina Hartley Mini-Lotus + So Fresh, So Clean bundle, but even that needs almost $30 more of product for free shipping, and I simply don't need to buy a bunch of overpriced lube on top of that. All I want is the goddamn mini-lotus sleeve, with Nina Hartley's vagina, for the Black Friday sale price. I mean, in some ways, it would actually be easier for me to just pay full price, because that would get me to $100 faster.

FLight First Officer

I was kinda confused why you thought Nina is so hard to score, so I took a look at her on the site. Why in the hell is she the only US FLG to not offer her Mini-Lotus as 'sleeve only'? If they did, the Black Friday sale price would at least off set the shipping cost. I'm assuming of course you don't need another case.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Long Johnson View Post
    I was kinda confused why you thought Nina is so hard to score, so I took a look at her on the site. Why in the hell is she the only US FLG to not offer her Mini-Lotus as 'sleeve only'? If they did, the Black Friday sale price would at least off set the shipping cost. I'm assuming of course you don't need another case.
    You can't get the mini-lotus as sleeve only for any girl period. Unless something has changed since I last checked. The "buy as sleeve only" button is there, but it just redirects you to the orgy page. I'm kind of surprised people have been posting this same misinformation without trying it for themselves.

FLight First Officer

Quote Originally Posted by fly2learn View Post
    You can't get the mini-lotus as sleeve only for any girl period. Unless something has changed since I last checked. The "buy as sleeve only" button is there, but it just redirects you to the orgy page. I'm kind of surprised people have been posting this same misinformation without trying it for themselves.
    I'll be damned your right. I figured if there is 'Buy this as only as a sleeve" option right there on the page most guys just assume it actually works without needing to give it a test run.

EDIT: This has actually got me pretty damn confused now trying to remember how the hell I managed to get my Mini-Lotus without buying a case.
    Last edited by Oh Long Johnson; 12-04-2013 at 10:22 PM.