Welcome to the Fleshlight Forums.
    FLight Attendant

Default Astroglide Warming Lubricant

Anyone using it? Im wondering if it would be better than regular astroglide since im not too patient to heat my inserts good. 5oz bottle is 5$ more than the regular

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aletus
    Anyone using it? Im wondering if it would be better than regular astroglide since im not too patient to heat my inserts good. 5oz bottle is 5$ more than the regular
    Astro Glide sucks......I am using it now. It drys out quickly, and it's not slippery like ID Glide.

FLight Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by tthnow
    Astro Glide sucks......I am using it now. It drys out quickly, and it's not slippery like ID Glide.
    Before i used to read that it astroglide rocks and now it sucks. What happened?
    Personally i didnt like ID Glide cos it dries quickly so i switched to astro

FLight Attendant

It all depends on what you want to use - and what feels good to you. I tried rubbing ID and conditioner on my fingers to feel if I could tell any difference, and was unable to after it's been rubbed. No matter what you use, it's going to dry out over time since your body is absorbing the moisture, as well as the insert and that's not counting what you push out just from using it.

My suggestion is to try a little bit of water as well. Some people use spit, i've used tap water. Put it in a very small cup that you can poor into the insert easily, and take off the cap and poor a little in (very little) when things get a little dry. It depends on how long it takes for you to come, but if it's between 7-10 minutes like me, it's a good idea to poor some into the FL with the lube right before you start in the FL. I find doing this will keep it wet for awhile, and most likely the entire time you use it.

If you use the FL for like an hour (i've gone up to a half hour before, but that's tough and I don't like doing it), then you'll have to add lube, or water (water is best in my opinion) every so often.

I don't use astroglide. I'm tempted to go buy a small bottle sometime, and see how it works. I hear half and half solutions come out well. Conditioner works, pretty well, but not perfect in my opinion.

FLight Attendant

Used a conditioner but i dont really like the smells that come out them. Just turns me off.
    And i guess they dont have pussy smellin conditioner?

FLight Navigator

You might want to try Clairol Herbal Essences Rain Forest conditioner for fine/limp hair. It smells of ylang ylang and vanilla, smells a bit more sexual than the average conditioner.

FLight Attendant

Red face Yes indeedie... I'm a MORON! *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by tantralady
    You might want to try Clairol Herbal Essences Rain Forest conditioner for fine/limp hair. It smells of ylang ylang and vanilla, smells a bit more sexual than the average conditioner.
    I was planning to do a "test-drive" on this specific conditioner mentioned above and Pantene Pro-V that someone else had mentioned elsewhere. So while I was in Walgreen's drug store picking up a prescription early yesterday morning, I looked around for both conditioners. No problem finding the Pantene Pro-V conditioner... but I couldn't remember the *exact* type that was recommended, and there must've been a dozen different Pantene Pro-V versions - so I decided to wait on the Pantene. However, I found the Clairol Herbal Essences Rainforest Conditioner for Fine/Limp Hair... I had it right in my hands (yep, exactly what I remember tantralady specifically mentioned, having the ylang ylang... but while I was searching for the right Pantene Pro-V conditioner, I sat the bottle of Herbal Essences back down on the shelf. After giving up on the Pantene Pro-V, I picked up what I *thought* was the exact same bottle of Herbal Essences conditioner that I just had in my hands. I check out. I'm back at home and figure why not give it a quick "test-drive" with the STU to see how it compares to the Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner that I've been so pleased with. I get started with the "test-drive"... and as I'm pouring some of the "lube" into the STU canal, I'm thinking, "Wow, this sure has a nice, thin consistency for conditioner!"... then I get going with the STU... I'm thinking "yep, this does have a nice feel... but what's up with these suds and bubbles?" I wonder. After awhile, I start feeling a burning sensation. No big deal... since I know that conditioners do have alcohol in them... and alcohol can certainly cause the burning sensation... and maybe this particular one happens to have more alcohol, and may end up not working well for me. I didn't want to be a "quitter" and not give it a fair, full "test-drive" - so I kept on going. However, the burning sensation was bothering me to the point that it "killed" the pleasureable sensations... which killed the whole "mood"... and brought a fruitless end to this test session. After cleaning things up, etc.... I was still very curious about why this conditioner seemed so different than the other conditioners I'd seen/tried... I took a good, close look at the bottle to double-check the label and contents. I found the answer! Right there on the front label... this was SHAMPOO!!! Oooooooh nooooooo, Mr. Bill!!! Well that certainly explained everything!!! I realized that I had obviously picked up the wrong bottle from the shelf in the store (the shampoo bottle of this product was sitting in a row right beside the conditioner bottle). *SIGH* Well this certainly explains why it was feeling like I was in so much pain, feeling like I was peeing razor blades the rest of the day/night! It's been over 16 hours now since this incident... things are gradually getting better (not burning/hurting quite as bad), but still not back to normal yet. Wow, what a moronic move that was on my part by not paying closer attention to which bottle I picked up!!! I certainly won't make THIS stupid mistake again!!!
    CONDITIONER = GOOD LUBE! SHAMPOO = BAD LUBE! VERY BAD LUBE!!!

FLight Attendant

Heh... what is it about these soap products? I learned the hardway as a pup... over application (heh-heh) of soap is BAD for ones dew-flicker! That shit stings, burns and can take the skin right off.

What's the agent in there that's doing it to us?

FLight Attendant

Default Re: Astroglide Warming Lubricant

Um, OK...getting back on topic (I know this thread's old but still)...

I just picked up a 2.5 fl oz bottle of Astroglide Warming Liquid -- the "purple/orange box" (it was the only Astroglide the store had). Cost $8. Haven't opened it yet and kind of regret spending that much just for 2.5oz. Has anyone used it? Is it too hot? I can easily return it since the store is only like 5 minutes away. I couldn't find any reviews online. My FL comes in on Thursday and I know they come with sample lube. If no one responds by Thursday offering their own review on it, I'll use it and try to remember to come back here and post a review of it. I don't really need the warmth, but we'll see how it goes.

musicman51

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Um, OK...getting back on topic (I know this thread's old but still)...

I just picked up a 2.5 fl oz bottle of Astroglide Warming Liquid -- the "purple/orange box" (it was the only Astroglide the store had). Cost $8. Haven't opened it yet and kind of regret spending that much just for 2.5oz. Has anyone used it? Is it too hot? I can easily return it since the store is only like 5 minutes away. I couldn't find any reviews online. My FL comes in on Thursday and I know they come with sample lube. If no one responds by Thursday offering their own review on it, I'll use it and try to remember to come back here and post a review of it. I don't really need the warmth, but we'll see how it goes.
    Just like with everything else, some guys like the warming lubes and some guys don't!

I don't, myself. I tend to feel very little warmth and they seem to feel a little gritty to me. I think regular Astroglide is much better.

And, while Fleshlights often come with a little pillow of sample lube, I wouldn't absolutely count on that. I have had one or two shipments that didn't have the sample lube in them.

FLight Attendant

Yeah, I did read that about certain shipments not coming with the sample lube somewhere else on the forum, so I am not counting on it. Anyway, that's true about some people simply not liking warm lubes and others not. I'll write a report on this one in particular later assuming no one else doesn't. I'm not sure if you actually used this Astroglide Warming Lube in particular or used a different warm lube when you said it makes you feel gritty; I'm sure it's possible they're all pretty much similar but who knows.

musicman51

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Yeah, I did read that about certain shipments not coming with the sample lube somewhere else on the forum, so I am not counting on it. Anyway, that's true about some people simply not liking warm lubes and others not. I'll write a report on this one in particular later assuming no one else doesn't. I'm not sure if you actually used this Astroglide Warming Lube in particular or used a different warm lube when you said it makes you feel gritty; I'm sure it's possible they're all pretty much similar but who knows.
    I have actually used Astroglide Warming; it's the only warming lube I've ever tried and, once I tried it, I never bought another warming lube.

But some guys like and some guys don't!

Bolt_Head

I built a box that warms your lube and delivers it to the fleshlight automatically. This box will be on my site soon for you guys to check out. Warming Lube is OK but it doesn't feel right and it irritates your skin sometimes. Naturally warming the lube is a much better option, and the fact that this box automatically delivers lube to the fleshlight makes it something worth checking out.

FLight Attendant

As promised I'd write a review. I just tried the Astroglide Warming Liquid out finally and it felt good to me. The nice thing was that I noticed my STU was still warm inside of it long after the outside orifice part turned cold, and this was definitely because of the lube, so it helps a bit. I didn't feel a burning sensation with it which is what I was worried about; it felt very much lukewarm and just slightly warmer than regular lube. I didn't get the sample lube packet, but I have tried regular lube before and I would say it was worth the extra cost to me. Even though it is 2.5 fl oz, it has a very good opening on the bottle to only squeze a very small drop out a time so you can be very frugal and not make a mess with each use.

I hope this helped anyone else considering (or having just bought) this lube. Recommended.

FLight First Officer

DO NOT WANT. Had bad experience. Too oily. The glycerin-free Astro (w/ some water) works wonders, though.